What Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This arrived just before New Years Eve:

I'm about half way through it and it's great so far.
    "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

• Originally posted by aaliyah_fan
      This arrived just before New Years Eve:

Ohhh..are you Indian by any chance? Just curious.Priyanka Chopra in your avatar makes we wonder and this book too.

Comment

• Originally posted by skapunk
        Originally posted by aaliyah_fan

Ohhh..are you Indian by any chance? Just curious.Priyanka Chopra in your avatar makes we wonder and this book too.
        Yes, I'm Indian
        "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

• "The Namesake"

Loved the movie and decided to read the book today.
          I'm gonna do you like drugs tonight...

Comment

• [quote=aaliyah_fan]
            Originally posted by skapunk
            Originally posted by "aaliyah_fan":2b2bnqf5

Yes, I'm Indian [/quote:2b2bnqf5]

Oh..nice to know that. amazing.

Comment

• ...and wondering where are transexuals from?
              Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skelofect

...and wondering where are transexuals from?

Transylvania!!!!
                I'm gonna do you like drugs tonight...

Comment

• The Brethren by John Grisham. Its good
                  You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• I'm reading so much it's driving me insane!!!

Last week Finished:

Hamlet
                    Ann Radcliffe's "The Italian"

Currently storming through:

Othello
                    Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility
                    Beowulf
                    Paradise Lost

Whilst also attempting to keep my nose in Malorie Blackman's "Double Cross".

But let me put all that bollocks aside to let you know the most important read this week is clearly

I'm getting delusional from all the reading

Comment

• Just arrived today and will be starting it tonight.

*UPDATE NOTE I never finished this book! Because it was nasty
                      He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

• Head. Pounding.

Despite it not even being very long, I finally finished Beowulf this week
                        Just now finished King Lear.

Started, but yet to finish Frankenstein.

And I'm still nowhere near done with Paradise Lost. it can burn in its own state of Hell for all I care right now.

Comment

• My last book is now the 2nd book (after Philip Pullman's Northern Lights) that I gave up on and won't ever finish. This one because it was WAY too plane nasty and pure aggressive hate and didn't contain any real constructive arguments for its course (Richard Dawkins did).

So I've now started

Ahead of the movie of it because the trailer looks really good and now Ill be able to compare it.
                          He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

• "My Booky Wook"

russel brand
                            CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

• I'm lovin' it but I still don't get why there's a flower in the cover, it's about a girl who has amnesia..

anyhoo can't wait to finish so I can start the shopaholic series by the same author of this book
                              Sophie kinsella <3
                              I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

• I just finished the Twilight series. I know, I'm late. I told myself I would never read them nor become obsessed. OH HOW I WAS WRONG. I haven't even seen the movie. Is anyone else as obsessed as I am? I've been finding myself wondering WHERE IS MY EDWARD?
                                So take me and break me and make me strong like you.I'll be forever grateful to this and you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype
                                  "My Booky Wook"

russel brand
                                  That was the last book I read, bloody good it was too.

Now... now I've got a choice, UKMIX can decide for me:

A. M. Homes - This Book Will Save Your Life (started ages ago but abandoned)
                                  Milan Kundera - The Unbearable Lightness Of Being
                                  Chuck Palahniuk - Survivor

The other options aren't really appealing, I've been meaning to re-read The Catcher In The Rye to see if I think it's any less bollocksy this time around, I've also got The Diary Of Anne Frank which is probably very depressing... and Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl, which is also a true prisoner of war story but focuses more on the psychology.

But yeah, my current reading is the March 2009 issue of Arena, featuring Odette Yustman (from Cloverfield and some horror flick that's out soon) looking quite lovely:

This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

• More John Grisham, this time The Last Juror
                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by CAyoungtalent
                                      I just finished the Twilight series. I know, I'm late. I told myself I would never read them nor become obsessed. OH HOW I WAS WRONG. I haven't even seen the movie. Is anyone else as obsessed as I am? I've been finding myself wondering WHERE IS MY EDWARD?
                                      I'll read Twilight when I finish the 4 shopaholic books!
                                      and I think I'm already obsessed with Twilight, 1st I bought the soundtrack for decode and I found myself loving everything twilight, bought the score soundtrack, the 1st book, the director notes, the picture book & dvd soon!

Comment

• loves it!
                                        YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Merci- the Twilight soundtrack is good? i need to look into it! Do you recommend reading the Shopaholic series?

Loose- I should probably be somewhat familiar with the story, but what is Lolita about?
                                          So take me and break me and make me strong like you.I'll be forever grateful to this and you.

Comment

Loose- I should probably be somewhat familiar with the story, but what is Lolita about?
                                            Middle-aged man with mental issues falls in love with his landlady's 12-year-old daughter, marries said landlady to be near the daughter, landlady dies, man runs away with the daughter, presumably to have lots of sex with her and whatnot.

...there's probably more to it than that, but there's the basic idea. I thought it was a load of crap to be honest, but then I've only seen the movie (not the original but the remake with Jeremy Irons, and even then only up to the bit where they're just running away, hence the 'presumably' in the above synopsis 'cos no dirty stuff has happened up to that point) so maybe it lost something in translation or needs to be watched/read all the way through.

As for the Shopaholic series... it kinda depends what you're looking for. The movie is based on the American edit rather than the original British version of the book so it's probably a bit different. I, um, read the first book (shush, borrowed it from my then-girlfriend because I had a long train journey ahead with nothing to read) and thought it was pretty good as far as throwaway chick-lit goes.
                                            This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

• I've actually wanted to read Lolita for sometime now. Thanks for filling me in on what it's about. I probably will go see the Shopaholic movie, but I doubt I will read the books. Usually I like a little more substance to my reading. However, while I'm busy with my studies sometimes it is nice to read something light and fun.

Comment

Merci- the Twilight soundtrack is good? i need to look into it!
                                                yes!!! I love it, the paramore songs are heaven & there's this song flightless bird, american mouth it's simply amazing..

Comment

• Okay great I will have to check it out!

Comment

• Coraline was very creepy but in the really griping and entertaining way. I just know they will change so much of it in the movie. :-?

Comment

• Gale Force by Rachel Caine (the book I have in my photo in the Picture thread ) <3
                                                      I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

• I've just finished reading "Oscar et la dame rose" by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt. It's such a quick little read in French and the story is so touching.

I'm also getting through "New Moon" in the Twilight series. Not as motivated to read that at the moment though, I read enough for Uni.

Comment

• Breaking Dawn - Twilight Saga
                                                          see, men come a dime-a-dozen so it don't mean nuttin' to me. i aint even worried 'bout u homie cause theirs plenty more fish in the sea.

Comment

• Beyonce~Ego
                                                            Beyonce~Sweet Dreams
                                                            September~Until I Die
                                                            Mariah Carey~Obsessed
                                                            Cascada~Evacuate The Dance Floor
                                                            I hope your happy now

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyoncefanatic
                                                              Beyonce~Ego
                                                              Beyonce~Sweet Dreams
                                                              September~Until I Die
                                                              Mariah Carey~Obsessed
                                                              Cascada~Evacuate The Dance Floor
                                                              You are reading those songs?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X