Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by space75
    you should definitely read next the amazing Jitterbug Perfume
    Jitterbug Perfume was my first Robbins book, and propably his best. Another Roadside Attraction and Cowgirls come next. The man is genius!

Comment

• Originally posted by sambo9
      I don't really have the time to read a book at the moment with my exam coming up, but I am in the middle of 'A Short History Of Nearly Everything' by one of my favourite authors Bill Bryson.
      I just ordered that, having finished his book about life in New Hampshire a few weeks ago (don't recall exact title now).
      Let's have a second referendum

Comment

• Firestarter (Charlie in France) by Stephen King.

Comment

• Just finished Avril Lavigne: Makes 5 wishes Vol 1 & 2! wooooooooooooooooooooow

Now I'll read The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella!

After that I'll read Gossip girl - You know u love me!
          I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

• Finally finished "The End Of Mr Y" last night.
            Very odd.

Took me so long I even read "Thw Woman In Black" at the same time lol.

that was quite awesome

I have since started and finished "Foe" by J. M . Coetzee

Have just started Robinson Crusoe

Needless to say the last two aren't too interesting. I'm required to read them for uni. Hooray.

Comment

• finished
              Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins

and now i m reading
              The Rum Diary - Hunter S. Thompson

the future gets written today

Comment

• Seeing what you all guys read makes me feel kinda small and shallow lool no really but I only read chick lits Can you keep a secret - gossip girl - the truth about diamonds etc.. But you read books that look so classic and deep
                I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

• Half Of A Yellow Sun, by Chiamamanda N Odieche.

This book is absolutely gripping.I could NOT put it down at all. I read its nea4 500 pages in three days, and consumed it with a vigour.

It covers a factual genocide and fight for freedom, of the Igbo and the Hasuah of Nigera. Covers the rise and fall of Biafra. Being covered through the lives of a british writer, a wealthy Nigerian family and a poor servant of the family.

It is moving, it is deeply upsetting, it's fantasitc!

Have just finished Wendy Williams autobiography.

Wendy's Got The Heat

An easy read, but a very interesting one! Covers her rape, cocaine addiction, rise and fall in Radio and the Downlo' Lesbian/Gay artists in the Industry and the ugly face of it. Very controversial and sorid! A fun read.

Read that in two days, straight after finishing the previous

So am now starting 'Interesting Times' by Terry Pratchett. Am a huge fan of Discworld, and all his books. So looking foward to re-reading this after many years.
                  Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
                  http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyman324
                    I love Nick Hornby's novels.
                    This, the guy's brilliant. A Long Way Down is one of the best books you'll ever read. If you've got a slightly sick sense of humour like wot I has.

Also, whoever posted that Dave Gorman book on the last page: I hate you. That book is a bitch to pack, really awkward size.

Person who posted On Chesil Beach: I like you, that's a nice easy one to pack.

Guess who had a job in a book distribution warehouse over the summer... :x So yeah, I'm not reading anything at the moment. Books can go fcuk themselves until I've recovered from the sheer boredom of that poxy job. Or at least until I'm back at uni.
                    This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

• 100 Fabulous Cheesecakes

Chers Cidermaster
                      You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

• Just ploughed my way through "Oroonoko". Dire.

Currently taking a break from uni books though and reading "The Boy In Striped Pyjamas"

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyman324
                          Just ploughed my way through "Oroonoko". Dire.

Currently taking a break from uni books though and reading "The Boy In Striped Pyjamas"

OMG! I'm reading the exact same book!

I bought it right after I saw "Schindlers List" the other week. It's brilliant, isn't it?

Comment

• Homer - The Odyssey.

KILL ME NOW :x :x

Comment

• and no it's not like that. It's important to understand how your enemies minds work. I've already got inside the mind of Christianity so now want to do the same here.
                              He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

• The book is so real! It's about a girl who's cousin and close friend, Emma gets HIV/Aids through unprotected sex! Emma make Laura (the girl) promise that she will not tell anybody. She also asks Laura to come and teach drums at the support centre for people with HIV/Aids. When the school bully finds out about Laura's visits to the support centre, a viscious rumor is spread that Laura has HIV!
                                Also Laura's boyfriend tells Laura that they don't need comments. All this happenning as Emma's health is getting worse!

This story really is so emotional! I cried on numerous occasions! I have had the experience of someone close to me having HIV/Aids but I think anyone can read this book and understand it!
                                I definately recommend it!

Comment

• Originally posted by ManicFan2k

and no it's not like that. It's important to understand how your enemies minds work. I've already got inside the mind of Christianity so now want to do the same here.
                                  How rude of you. Stupid person.
                                  Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
                                  http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Comment

• Harry potter and the deathly hollow

A child called "it"

Comment

• American Psycho
                                      & definetly not re-reading Twilight.. again..

Comment

• Originally posted by ManicFan2k
                                        It's important to understand how your enemies minds work. I've already got inside the mind of Christianity so now want to do the same here.
                                        ...and thanks for that chilling insight into the way your mind works.

At best that's paranoid, at worst, slanderous.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                          Also Laura's boyfriend tells Laura that they don't need comments. All this happenning as Emma's health is getting worse!
                                          What kind of comments weren't necessary? Sarcastic ones?

Comment

• and it's Brilliant the best non-fiction book I've read in a long time. My head hurts from just agreeing with him so much.
                                            He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

• I'm guessing ManicFan2k isn't a fan of religion then?

Comment

• ^^^ I've added that book to my reading list too, although I'm not sure how long it'll be before I actually get around to reading it.

I've got so many books on my "must read" list and I do try to read as much as possible (just to stop my mind from rotting ) but I find it really hard to actually finish a book. I always read up to about halfway and then stop - and by the time I force myself to get back into it I always feel that I should start from the beginning again because it's been so long since I've picked up the book.

Hence it's not uncommon for me to take years to finish a long book.
                                                "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

• I don't understand why if you don't believe in God you have to read a book on it, just get on with your life.

I'm reading:

It's awesome. Joanna is a wise, slightly mad person and I love that. I also like how the book is written, each chapter is based in a room in her house, she invites the reader inside then looks at objects and talks abut what they remind her of. So it doesn't start at her early life and end at present day. It's random & I like her attitude to life.
                                                  Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

• Your Post!!

Cheers Cidermaster
                                                    You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

Working...
                                                    X