What Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CAyoungtalent
    Loose- I should probably be somewhat familiar with the story, but what is Lolita about?
    Middle-aged man with mental issues falls in love with his landlady's 12-year-old daughter, marries said landlady to be near the daughter, landlady dies, man runs away with the daughter, presumably to have lots of sex with her and whatnot.

...there's probably more to it than that, but there's the basic idea. I thought it was a load of crap to be honest, but then I've only seen the movie (not the original but the remake with Jeremy Irons, and even then only up to the bit where they're just running away, hence the 'presumably' in the above synopsis 'cos no dirty stuff has happened up to that point) so maybe it lost something in translation or needs to be watched/read all the way through.

As for the Shopaholic series... it kinda depends what you're looking for. The movie is based on the American edit rather than the original British version of the book so it's probably a bit different. I, um, read the first book (shush, borrowed it from my then-girlfriend because I had a long train journey ahead with nothing to read) and thought it was pretty good as far as throwaway chick-lit goes.
    This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

• I've actually wanted to read Lolita for sometime now. Thanks for filling me in on what it's about. I probably will go see the Shopaholic movie, but I doubt I will read the books. Usually I like a little more substance to my reading. However, while I'm busy with my studies sometimes it is nice to read something light and fun.
      So take me and break me and make me strong like you.I'll be forever grateful to this and you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CAyoungtalent
        Merci- the Twilight soundtrack is good? i need to look into it!
        yes!!! I love it, the paramore songs are heaven & there's this song flightless bird, american mouth it's simply amazing..
        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her Į\_(?)_/Į

Comment

• Okay great I will have to check it out!
          So take me and break me and make me strong like you.I'll be forever grateful to this and you.

Comment

• Coraline was very creepy but in the really griping and entertaining way. I just know they will change so much of it in the movie. :-?
            He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

• Gale Force by Rachel Caine (the book I have in my photo in the Picture thread ) <3
              I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

• I've just finished reading "Oscar et la dame rose" by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt. It's such a quick little read in French and the story is so touching.

I'm also getting through "New Moon" in the Twilight series. Not as motivated to read that at the moment though, I read enough for Uni.

Comment

• Breaking Dawn - Twilight Saga
                  see, men come a dime-a-dozen so it don't mean nuttin' to me. i aint even worried 'bout u homie cause theirs plenty more fish in the sea.

Comment

• Beyonce~Ego
                    Beyonce~Sweet Dreams
                    September~Until I Die
                    Mariah Carey~Obsessed
                    Cascada~Evacuate The Dance Floor
                    I hope your happy now

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyoncefanatic
                      Beyonce~Ego
                      Beyonce~Sweet Dreams
                      September~Until I Die
                      Mariah Carey~Obsessed
                      You are reading those songs?

Comment

• Originally posted by skapunk
                        Originally posted by Beyoncefanatic
                        Beyonce~Ego
                        Beyonce~Sweet Dreams
                        September~Until I Die
                        Mariah Carey~Obsessed
                        LOL
                        Are you memorizing the lyrics or something?
                        BEE4EVERíS WEEKLY TOP 20 (#1 Lady GaGa)

Comment

• Originally posted by bee4ever
                          Originally posted by skapunk
                          Originally posted by Beyoncefanatic
                          Beyonce~Ego
                          Beyonce~Sweet Dreams
                          September~Until I Die
                          Mariah Carey~Obsessed
                          LOL
                          Are you memorizing the lyrics or something?
                          lmaooooo OMG IT's the wrong thread looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool I meant to write I was reading The What Not To Do (Cheer Camp)! lol
                          I hope your happy now

Comment

• BEE4EVERíS WEEKLY TOP 20 (#1 Lady GaGa)

Comment

• I'm reading New Moon at the moment.

Comment

• I'm reading The Story Of Martha at the moment, I'mm such a Doctor Who geek.

Comment

• the Legend of Bob Marley (recommended)

Comment

• Originally posted by John
                                    Originally posted by CAyoungtalent
                                    Loose- I should probably be somewhat familiar with the story, but what is Lolita about?
                                    Middle-aged man with mental issues falls in love with his landlady's 12-year-old daughter, marries said landlady to be near the daughter, landlady dies, man runs away with the daughter, presumably to have lots of sex with her and whatnot.

...there's probably more to it than that, but there's the basic idea. I thought it was a load of crap to be honest, but then I've only seen the movie (not the original but the remake with Jeremy Irons, and even then only up to the bit where they're just running away, hence the 'presumably' in the above synopsis 'cos no dirty stuff has happened up to that point) so maybe it lost something in translation or needs to be watched/read all the way through.
                                    It's load of crap if you don't get the topic, I agree.

It's fantastic, exciting and controversial if you like to be challenged. Read it when you're receptive enough for its content. @CAYoungtalent
                                    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• And Jeremy Irons was HELLA GREAT!! So was Swain. Period.
                                      YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• NICK HORNBY "A Long Way Down"
                                        Broken people get recycled.

Comment

• Stephenie Meyer - Twilight

I got it for my birthday I saw the movie and never got around to reading the book, so I'm reading it now.

And also...

WWE Encyclopedia

It's this huuuuuuuge coffee table book with over 350 pages, detailing every superstar in the WWE since the 1960's, it's so awesome
                                          I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

• amaizing book....
                                            LastFM
                                            Instagram

Comment

• Martina Cole's The Take. Completely different from the TV series
                                              You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll
                                              I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

Comment

• Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince.

I've been reading and watching all the books and movies again for the release of the 6th film a few days ago, so I've been in the Potter universe again for a while now. I plan on reading the LOTR series afterwards, since I've never managed to get through the first book - time for another try!
                                                Tweet, tweet.

Comment

• ahh you have to keep at it with LOTR! its hard to get into, but really worth it when you get there. they're amazing books!

I'm also back on Harry Potter, reading Deathly Hallows again. 3rd time now lol.
                                                  CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

• For the second time!
                                                    Madonna Addict

Comment

Working...
                                                    X