No announcement yet.

What Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since last time I posted in this, I've read Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix by JK Rowling, An Inspector Calls by JB Priestly and Just For The Record by Geri Halliwell.

I'm now reading Catch A Fire The Autobiography by Mel B - I have been reading it for about 2 months so far and I'm not even half way through

Comment

woo, i did inspector calls for gcse. then we went to see it in the westend. it's so funny that book, "that, i consider, a trifle impertenant inspector". that so cracked me up (well there werent much else going on in our english lessons lol)
      I know theres a blue horizon
      Somewhere up ahead just waiting for me
      But getting there means leaving things behind

Comment

The Baby Squad by Andrew Neiderman

It's about a bunch people in the town who don't want women to have a natural childbirth. It's a crazy book.....If a woman is pregnant the baby squad must know about it or else....
        Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
        2. Ugly Betty
        3. Six Degrees

Comment

Originally posted by philruck
          An Inspector Calls by JB Priestly
          I'm reading that right now for GCSE :-?

Comment

If Only - Geri
            Pride and Prejudice
            Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Girl, Interrupted - Susannah Kaysen
              The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
              "Der Besuch Der Alten Dame" - Friedrich Durrematt (for my german lessons)

I did "An Inspector Calls" and "Lord Of The Flies" for my GCSE English too... seems a long time ago now (but only two years!)
              Monday - humiliation;
              Tuesday - suffocation;
              Wednesday - condescention;
              Thursday is pathetic;
              by Friday, life has killed me...

Comment

*waves* We did "An Inspector Calls" for GCSE too!

Right now, I'm sorta reading 'The Subtle Knife', I started it about 4 months ago though and I'm still on the first chapter

Comment

I don't read books. They bore me.

Comment

I don't read your posts. They bore me.

Ok, joke but a lot of work goes into people writing books I just think whether or not it bores you we should respect writers...I mean are you saying every single book you've read has bored you?

Just sounds so cruel to say you're bored by someones hard work.
                    Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Originally posted by Skelofect
                      a lot of work goes into people writing books I just think whether or not it bores you we should respect writers...I mean are you saying every single book you've read has bored you?
                      Yes! I just can't find a book interesting. I've tried many times but I always get bored and give up.

Just sounds so cruel to say you're bored by someones hard work.
                      It's nothing personal. All books bore me. That's not cruel, it's just my taste.

If I watch a movie or TV show, I can "forget" that they're just actors and get into it. But when I read a book I never forget that I'm just looking at some words on a piece of paper. I find the whole thing tedious and I'd much rather sit and stare at a screen than have to hold a book and read the words!

I guess I have no imagination and I'm lazy.

Comment

I wouldn't say you have no imagination as you're clearly a creative person.

I do think books can be boring, I've found a lot of books boring but I've also read some amazing books so it evens out...

Wow, I guess that is kind of 'interesting' in a way that all books bore you.

Comment

Douglas Adams
                          The More Than Complete Hitchhiker's Guide

(although I can barely read more than few pages a day)

Comment

Wow, I guess that is kind of 'interesting' in a way that all books bore you.
                            I agree with you, Skelo. "Interesting" is the word ;-)

Dizzy, maybe you just never read the right books for you, or maybe you're just a bit impatient LOL.

I just find it hard to imagine someone who hasn't enjoyed a book in their life, but hey, it's not like everyone has to.

Comment

I'm currently reading .. how do I translate this, 'Sins and Habits in the Islam' basically about the rules in the Islam. Pretty interesting
                              http://profiles.myspace.com/users/6321635

Comment

Nope. Never enjoyed a book in my life. People I know have kept suggesting I read "this one" and "that one" and "oh, yo'll definitely love this one" but every time I just get bored with them and I can't finish them.

Reading what people write here on a forum is totally different. I care about what people say because it's real. I've read "real" things, like Bill Bryson's books, but I just get bored quickly with them. And I've never found a book funny, even books that everyone says are really funny!

Comment

OK fair enough.

I know someone who doesn't like reading plays, because the names of people and scene desriptions tend to make it impossible for them to concentrate on the story.

I don't mind plays, but I prefer novels.

Comment

I find that the only books that interest me are Sci-fi and Thriller books. All the rest are boring as hell.
                                    Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
                                    2. Ugly Betty
                                    3. Six Degrees

Comment

I was reading Join Me by Danny Wallace (flatmate of Dave Gorman - amazing book in itself and TV show too). It was quality.
                                      Bananas are great, bananas are good, bananas are the ONLY tasty yellow food!
                                      Agnosticism is the way forward - uncertainty rocks!

Comment

David Copperfield. I can barely understand half of the language, but I get the storyline at least...
                                        ~ Wht Plnt r Y Frm? ccse M f Thngs Tht Nvr Dne ~

Comment

oh wow, that is one of the best replies i ever read on ukmix
                                          MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by honeystacia
                                            oh wow, that is one of the best replies i ever read on ukmix
                                            I really couldn't resist...yay I'm getting funnier!

Comment

I found it a little insulting. I guess that's just me?

Comment

Well I found it insulting that you said all books bored you...and I did say it was a joke.

Comment

Okay, I accept that it was a joke.

Were you really insulted by me saying that all books bored me? I don't see how anyone could find that insulting. I love videogames but I wouldn't be insulted if someone said videogames bored them!

Comment

Yes but thats just the writer in me, you defended your reason and I totally see your point now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X