What Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugo
    I only watched the movie and I have to say Colin Farrell did a brilliant job, good movie. I remember searching the book everywhere afterwards, but I couldn't find a store that had it (all had The Hours though). Then I forgot all about it. I might order the original in English online. Thanks lundpop!
    You're welcome!
    I haven't watched the movie but the book is so good. I read The Hours way back but then I totally forgot about the author. My bf got me this book and I loved every single chapter in it.
    Dans ce convoi de larmes
    Je te dédie ma mort
    Et je saigne, saigne encore...

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
      Originally posted by RunDevilRun
      I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!! The first one is BEYOND EPIC. Do you know that there's another book? Anyway, it's the first time I see these covers, I really liked it. But the Brazilian book covers >>>>
      Yeah, after I read The Death Cure I went online and found out that there's a prequel to the main series, The Kill Order. I was gutted when I learned it didn't focus on the main characters from the trilogy so I'm not sure if I'll get it. Did you read it? Is it any good? Have you seen the cast for the film set to be released next year? None of the cast members, save for Dylan O'Brien as Thomas, actually look like the characters in the book did in my imagination...as usual.
      Sorry for being so late to answer. I bought The Kill Order, but I haven't find the time to read it. I think I'll do it (and the other book of the triology) a few months before the film release. I'm not very good imagining book characters, I always pick some Hollywood actors as the cast. My Thomas was Shia LaBeouf (Transformers look). I'm quite satisfied with the casting, 'cause they kept their look loyal to the book and most of them has already worked on TV and other movies. I'm more excited to see the how they made the grievers look. I hope they can keep with the dark atmosphere that I imagined.
      to the infinity and Beyoncé.

Comment

• Loved it!
        be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Comment

• I have just finished reading 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin and it took me almost 6 months. I think. It didn't even have a proper ending as it leads onto the next book. That'll teach me for trying to read something.... Was quite good though.
            Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

• In Hebrew, though.
              Hej koji dan.
              Last.fm

Comment

• Comment

• The Cuckoos Calling
                  Rihanna | Katy Perry | Mariah Carey | JoJo | Beyonce | Alicia Keys

Comment

• to the infinity and Beyoncé.

Comment

• To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the most powerful novels I've ever read. It's such a brilliant classic.
                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• Amazing novel.
                        "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• My English textbook

Comment

• last.fm

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• ^ Thomas Mann is by far the most eloquent author I've ever read.

Finally reading this
                                "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• I just finished: Konrad Adenauer - Memoirs 1945-1953
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Alex's Adventures in Numberland by Alex Bellos

Alex Bellos writes about mathematics, the secrets it can unlock, its history and cultural importance.

Comment

• Julia Phillips - You'll Never Eat Lunch in This Town Again

Comment

• Amazing read.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilipEno
                                          Alex's Adventures in Numberland by Alex Bellos

Alex Bellos writes about mathematics, the secrets it can unlock, its history and cultural importance.
                                          Is it nerd stuff or is it really a fun to read?
                                          Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• 2 Books about the 2nd World War and also the Daily Mail!
                                            You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

• And believe it or not, it's actually pretty interesting!
                                              Tweet, tweet.

Comment

• I've decided to completely ignore the giant bibliography I have for school (until before the exam, that is). In the meantime I kept myself busy with Chuck Palahniuk's 'Damned' which my awesome friends bought me for my birthday, in hardcover, no less.

Yup, it's amazing and Chuck continues to be my favorite author.
                                                Also read Andrei Codrescu's 'Wakefield' (which was decent but not spectacular). That one also featured the devil, prominently, so I needed a break from that and took on the classic 'Alice in Wonderland' which I shamefully never read when I was a kid and I absolutely loved it. I was completely mesmerized and burned through it at work one day. Highly recommend re-reading it!

Comment

• Comics
                                                  Personal Chart

Comment

• ukmix
                                                    Last FM <3
                                                    Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                                    X