No announcement yet.

What Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldaat van Oranje (Soldier of Orange)
    Dutch classic

Comment

• Nealry finishing it.

Thankfully, it's not as tragic as Jane Eyre, it's actually quite funny at times.
      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• I'd build a road in gold just to have some dreaming

Comment

• ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

• Believe it or not, I am just beginning to read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I missed it during my teenage years. Heck, I didn't even watch ANY of the movies that were adapted from it. LOL.

Comment

• ^ i just read it a few months ago! So good!
              Which adaption do you like the most?
              I love the mini-series with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth!

Comment

• "Swing Time" by Zadie Smith.

It's very good so far
                i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

• I have 'On Beauty' on my shelves, still haven't read it though.

Comment

• We were liars - E. Lockhart

It was pretty good! Not too crazy about the writing style, but the plot was interesting. Hated Gat and the main character, loved Johnny and Mirren
                    Floped and localed

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• I know it's a kids book but I love the story. I have the whole series actually.
                        My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• No shame in that, Billy. I haven't read it, but the world C. S. Lewis created was magical.

I'm reading:

Comment

• Currently re-reading this, '80s pop-culture references a-plenty. I hope Spielberg's movie adaptation does it justice.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Comment

• ^ That was UKMIX Book Club's first book I think. It's a shame that ended so quickly, <3 Merci.

edit: I was correct.

2 parts left.

Comment

• War & Peace by Leo Tolstoj

Comment

• I love being on holiday, finally I have managed to give this book the time and the attention that it deserves, and it's so rewarding

Comment

• I finished reading this last month. It was a nice behind-the-scenes look at one of athletics' greatest female sprinters, but I thought more could have been written about a career that lasted some 12+ years. There was a single, deeply personal revelation, but, for the most part, I could have written this same book.

I'm 73% complete with this one. I'd always been meaning to read it, and I'm glad I stopped procrastinating. It is so powerful!

Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [315-311]

Comment

• So far, so good.

Comment

• ^ Try his 120 Days of Sodom, amazing!

Think I've read Justine as well one time, not sure
                                        last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbon
                                          ^ Try his 120 Days of Sodom, amazing!

Think I've read Justine as well one time, not sure
                                          Thanks, I'll make sure to buy that one as well!

Comment

^ Try his 120 Days of Sodom, amazing!
                                            If you're into pedophilia and eating shit lol I couldn't finish that one

Comment

• it's disgusting, but I found the vivid descriptions of everything hilarious maybe because I was reading a version in Serbian which made it even funnier
                                              last.fm

Comment

it's disgusting, but I found the vivid descriptions of everything hilarious maybe because I was reading a version in Serbian which made it even funnier
                                                I'm getting that with Justine too, I find that hilarious at times
                                                But I understand the disgust, he must be a polarizing author.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                                                  Originally posted by Carbon
                                                  it's disgusting, but I found the vivid descriptions of everything hilarious maybe because I was reading a version in Serbian which made it even funnier
                                                  I'm getting that with Justine too, I find that hilarious at times
                                                  But I understand the disgust, he must be a polarizing author.
                                                  It wasn't the disgusting parts that made me stop reading, but it was getting sooooo repetitive.

Comment

• Just finished this, excellent book! Liane Moriarty is an Australian author who also wrote 'Big Little Lies' which HBO turned into a mini-series starring Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon.
                                                    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Working...
                                                    X