Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous page last post:

Originally posted by Benny

Just finished this, excellent book! Liane Moriarty is an Australian author who also wrote 'Big Little Lies' which HBO turned into a mini-series starring Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon.
    I finished Stendhal's Le Rouge et le Noir and now I'm currently reading:

It's the first book I read about the ever-intriguing story of Henry VIII, not the most appealing writing style though.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• A very rare book these days from him. I have only started it, my first time reading a horror.

You ain't gotta break down,
      YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• The last book I was really excited about is "Lion" about an Indian child getting lost.
        Only five years old he can't find his way back home. He gets adopted and goes to Australia.
        When he is 30 he finds his old home via Google Earth and goes back to India.
        It is a true story. Amazing and read it twice. As soon as I finished it, I read it again.
        Shared some tears as it really got to me.

There is also a film version with Nicole Kidman.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Read the first five pages, still 1163 pages to go!
          My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• 13 Reasons Why

Comment

• Just finished The Rise and Fall of D.O.DO.

A hefty tome, which was far too long for its own good. Ended up reading the last part on FFWD.

Clever premise though.
              "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Comment

• ˇEh, mamá!
                Me quiero matar
                El mundo se va a la mierda
                Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Kathy Griffins first book!
                  Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Start to finish in 2 hours, but an absolute joy. Such a shame she’s gone :(
                    M08T10

Comment

• Re: What Are You Currently Reading?

The new book by Dan Brown
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I recently finished reading this. As always, Baldwin's insight is genius.

Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• Nothing
                          Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords
                            Nothing
                            Too busy spamming it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller
                              Originally posted by MusicRecords
                              Nothing
                              Too busy spamming it seems.
                              And you're taking part in my spamming by replying
                              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Just got a new Kindle (after having my old one stolen) and I had a long weekend because of two bank holidays in Romania so I've been doing quite some reading.

I have a thing for celebrity memoirs whenever I'm looking for a light read. Gabourey's was quite good. I knew she was witty and funny, but she really exceeded my expectations with this one. Plus she's had quite an interesting life (lots of interesting family dynamics and she worked as a phone sex operator) and all that makes for an interesting book.

I've just started 'The Disaster Artist' in anticipation of the upcoming movie. I have also seen 'The Room' last week and it's fun to get some behind the scenes stories while everything is still fresh. I'm only three chapters in and so far it's okay but I'm a bit annoyed by how Greg Sestero presents himself. He's spending too much time trying to justify why he was involved in the movie ("Oh, I needed money.", "Oh, I never thought it would be released.") but it's his book so I guess I can't blame him for it.

Leaving the best for last, 'Her Body and Other Parties' is a collection of short stories by Carmen Maria Machado and I am completely blown away by it. This is probably gonna end up being one of my favourite books this year. I can't even begin to describe this book. It blends so many things, from psychological realism to horror to comedy to feminism to queerness. The first story made me gasp 4 times and I wasn't even halfway through it.

Comment

• Lost to the West: The Forgotten Byzantine Empire That Rescued Western Civilization

A book about unjustly forgotten Byzantine Empire, I'm fascinated by it. People just don't talk or now enough about it. But for almost a thousand years it was the only bright light in the horrible dark middle age.

Comment

• "Sometimes We're Always Real Same-Same" by Mattox Roesch.

With every page it's becoming one of my favorite books ever.
                                      Floped and localed

Comment

• Re: What Are You Currently Reading?

Can anyone suggest a good fantasy novel?

I usually love all of Robin hobb's books. So something that is similar would be perf.
                                        Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                        Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                        Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                        So does her microphone

Comment

• Jane Fonda‘s bio My Life So Far
                                          DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by SummerPeur

I usually love all of Robin hobb's books. So something that is similar would be perf.
                                            Read Patrick Rothfuss.

Comment

• Just finished this... tears!!!

Comment

• I saw cristy's recommendation, so I got this one a while ago and I'm 55% into the book now. Some stories are fantastic; others are a chore to get through, especially the Law & Order one. Still, it's definitely a book unlike any other I've read.

Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo

Read Patrick Rothfuss.
                                                    Thanks for the suggestion Hugo! I'll have a look at his work .
                                                    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                                    Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                                    So does her microphone

Comment

Working...
                                                    X