What Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Currently Reading?

what books are you all reading at the moment?

im reading thru the harry potter books after enjoying the films. im half way thru the camber of secerts now... they cut loads out in the films don't they
    He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

^^ Fights urge to take the piss

I haven't actually read Harry Potter, I think there was a whole thread in deication last time someone read one so please dont start off again.

Don Quixote

Which is becoming an enjoyable book. I doubt anyone else knows it or has read it.
    Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

As i post i'm actually reading a book. yay! It's titled 'Promiscuities' by Naomi Wolf. It's for my sociology class. I'm on page 5. I've got over 250 pages to read before my exam tomorrow But of course I'm posting instead of reading. I can't get myself to read
      I laugh more than I cry
      You piss me off, good-bye

Comment

I can't concentrate for long enough to read a book...the last one I read was a couple of years back, probably would've been the Aerosmith autobiography.
        This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

I bought the Lord of the rings books, but gave up after the first page!
          I've just bought the book to the TV series 'Taken' so i'm gonna give that a read. Then I might reread the Harry Potetr books in time for the new one!
          When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
          Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

I have a lot of books going at once. I have to reread An Inspector Calls for English lit. and also Lord of the Flies, ugh.

The rest of the time I have been reading Brighton Rock by Graham Greene and also El diario de Bridget Jones, to practice my spanish, heh.
            Deadline? What deadline?

Comment

Ok, whats the weirdest thing anyone ever reads.

I admit that I have read those 'coffee break' stories in my Mums' Woman magazine the odd time and also you can't help but read the back of cereal boxes.

Comment

I'm stillllll reading the same few books I started like a year and a half ago :-? The Road Less Travelled, Awareness, Feel The Fear (And Do It Anyway), On Love & Loneliness.
                I'm into all the self help stuff
                http://profiles.myspace.com/users/6321635

Comment

Hmmm. Weirdest thing i've ever read?

Probably that Chris Evans and Billie Piper were dating!

June 27th

Comment

I'm reading a Dean Koontz novel. It's an interesting book. Dean Koontz is one of my favorite authors. I either read a John Saul novel or a Dean Koontz novel, they're both great suspense novel writers.
                    Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
                    2. Ugly Betty
                    3. Six Degrees

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzle
                      Hmmm. Weirdest thing i've ever read?

Probably that Chris Evans and Billie Piper were dating!
                      Oh has she landed on her feet or what???

Chris Evans - yeah sure Billie!!!

Comment

Currently, X-Men/Magneto: The Chaos Engine Trilogy (part 2)
                        Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Originally posted by Skelofect
                          Don Quixote ... I doubt anyone else knows it or has read it.
                          I have read it, for the first time 10 years ago when I was 16. Indeed an enjoyable but at the same time a deep one

I bought the Lord of the rings books, but gave up after the first page!
                          OMG why Personally I have never met such an interesting book (hmmm rather being six books :-? ) When I bought it/them in December 2001 I read everything for two weeks!

As for me, currently I'm reading ... for my exams :(

Comment

Originally posted by mickey
                            ]I bought the Lord of the rings books, but gave up after the first page!
                            OMG why Personally I have never met such an interesting book (hmmm rather being six books :-? ) (
                            I love the movies! 'The two towers' is my fave of 2003 so far (I know it was out last year but I only saw it on January 1st). I tried reading the books and I couldnt get into them!
                            Unlike Harry Potter where I prefer the books to the movies (which I also love)

June 27th

Comment

Originally posted by mickey
                              Don Quixote ... I doubt anyone else knows it or has read it.
                              I have read it, for the first time 10 years ago when I was 16. Indeed an enjoyable but at the same time a deep one
                              Wooo hooo

I am on page 79 of 940!!!

Looking forward to it already, I like deep...

Comment

I tried reading the books and I couldnt get into them!
                                Totally agree! The first hundred or so pages were also difficult for me but after that it goes smoothly until the end and I even didn't want to stop reading

Comment

I'm reading Simon Singh's book on Fermat's Last Theorem!

Comment

I'm reading the book of 'Catch Me If You Can', it is so different from the movie, and WAAAY funnier...

PS: If you are looking for an answer in your lifes, try to read: 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coello, it is by far, the best book I've ever read .
                                    Help

http://thegeneration2000.blogspot.com/

Comment

War and Peace (kinda slow but seems a good book!!)
                                      Homer's The Odyessey (OMG! The most boring book in the world!)
                                      Smile though your heart is aching......
                                      Smile even though its breaking!

It's not my fault!!!! My mouth has a mind of its own!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm reading The Beach. Its WAY better than the movie! I've just finished reading High Fidelity which I really really enjoyed, I havent seen the film yet tho so I hope it doesnt let me down!
                                        Hold Up Wait A Minute Let Me Put Some Pimpin In It

Comment

I am reading 'The Ghost of Tricia Martin' (which has a story line almost as genius as the title ...yeah, well it's Sweet Valley High- what do you expect?)
                                          I should be reading 'To Kill A Mockingbird' (for English) which actually seems quite good so far.
                                          It became scond nature,
                                          So easy to see,
                                          Myself as a reflection,
                                          Of what you thought of me.

Comment

Don Quixote

Which is becoming an enjoyable book. I doubt anyone else knows it or has read it.
                                            If you mean the most important book by Miguel de Cervantes, huge Spanish author, ("Don Quijote" in original) then yes I've read it. It's very symbolic and touching. I've also seen a play based on the book and Cervantes' life, and I enjoyed that as well.

I'm currently reading Joseph Heller's "Catch-22" nearly finished now! It's hilarious, a really good book.

Comment

Err right now I'm reading a French Literatue book "Fables"!

If you want to read it, I'll send you a copy.

Warning: Stories are childish and might get boring after the first two lines.

I have it for the final exams. :evil:

Comment

I'm reading this book called "Red Sky In The Morning" by Elizabeth Laird. It's a book for younger readers, but my mate loaned it, saying it's really moving, and amen to that, it really is.
                                                ~ Wht Plnt r Y Frm? ccse M f Thngs Tht Nvr Dne ~

Comment

Dont really read books, last thing i read was Kes for GCSE english, actually like it, gotta good story. The films better tho...
                                                  You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

I rarely read books, but I have been reading Geri Halliwell's first autobigoraphy 'If Only' recently. I finished it last night and I have to admit, it is well written and an engrossing read

Comment

Originally posted by philruck
                                                      I rarely read books, but I have been reading Geri Halliwell's first autobigoraphy 'If Only' recently. I finished it last night and I have to admit, it is well written and an engrossing read
                                                      Hmm? If you're sure, I wouldn't mind getting a copy and reading it. I thought she had 2 biographies out?
                                                      ~ Wht Plnt r Y Frm? ccse M f Thngs Tht Nvr Dne ~

Comment

Originally posted by aneta
                                                        I'm currently reading Joseph Heller's "Catch-22" nearly finished now! It's hilarious, a really good book.
                                                        Excellent book Aneta! I'm not much of a reader, but i read that one twice.
                                                        I laugh more than I cry
                                                        You piss me off, good-bye

Comment

Originally posted by philruck
                                                          I have the book too, I think I read it twice actually. It was pretty interesting to read about the beginning of the band, but I thought a lot was skipped once they actually became famous.
                                                          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/6321635

Comment

Weirdest things Ive ever read:
                                                            All the womanly products under the sink.
                                                            My diary.
                                                            Anything written by any presidents.
                                                            The Stand. (in a good way)
                                                            The Phantom Toolbooth (In a great and funny way)
                                                            Iceman
                                                            Many books so horrifyingly weird that I have mentally blocked their names...im Serious!

Currently reading: The Count of Monte Cristo, so much better now thatI am old enough to understand al...errr...half of it.
                                                            Welcome to a world of utter insanity and honesty, and a small woodland area with a bird in it.

Wrensylvania New and Improved! With no ranting and rambling and just a lot of pictures of everyones favorite insanity driven, multi-ethnic, trying to turn into the anti-christ...Wren

Comment

Working...
                                                            X