No announcement yet.

Grindr and other dating apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SholasBoy : Some people look strictly for younger or older partners. I would say that I'm generally open for both, but, as we use to say in my country, we have to be on the same wavelength. A person in their 50s can be a nice person or even good-looking, but what would we have got in common to justify a long-term relationship?

MusicRecords : The idea of Tinder is great, but I feel like it only works when you're really attractive. People seem to have too high standards on there. I've done thousands of swipes since registering there and haven't had any conversation that went beyond random small talk ever since. It's been weeks since I had any match and the only reason why I keep on being there is the lack of a noteworthy alternative.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

I screamed.

Honestly, Grindr is the worst when it comes to unsolicited disrespect.
      I agree & I get totally IRRITATED about it.

I hope those people get really ugly over night. What a fab intervention from Karma this would be.
      What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
        I find grindr so dry and annoying

Tinder seems to have more friendly people who at least carry some conversation unlike the typical "fun?" on grindr

I know these apps are basically meant to hook up or have sex, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to get to know a bit of the person first, even if it's no strings attached and casual.
        You're not with your boyfriend anymore?
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

You're not with your boyfriend anymore?
          Yes I am, I meant it with past experiences
          Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• There's a tonne of annoying things about apps like this, but I tend to just get on with it and take it for it is, because it serves a purpose.

That said, I really struggle with no-picture-and-no-profile-info folks hitting me up, when my profile has plenty of both. It's the equivalent of ringing somebody up and not telling them who it is! How do I know if I'm attracted to you?

My profile says I'm looking for exceptional people. I don't clarify what it means, but I always ask people if they've read it, and if they agree that they are. Helps to weed out a lot of crap.
            Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
            My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
            www.rawirijames.com
            #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

• Ever since I got vaxed, I've gone on a binge having been so pent up this past year.

I honestly hope I get whatever this is out of my system because I've been living up to my screen name way too much this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                Ever since I got vaxed, I've gone on a binge having been so pent up this past year.

I honestly hope I get whatever this is out of my system because I've been living up to my screen name way too much this month.
                only bottom?
                DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

only bottom?

Comment

• The idea of these dating apps freaks me out. First, I don't like getting intimate with someone I don't trust, so looking for casual sex is not something I'd be interested on. Second, the idea of evaluating someone's potential for dating based on looks alone is one principle my mind cannot fathom. I hope I never have to use them really. I think my pool of interesting people are the ones not using such apps.
                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

Only bottoming frequently is so annoying and so much work IMO

Being vers is much better for us lazy gorls out there
                      Last edited by aRat; Thu June 17, 2021, 15:32.
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Only bottoming frequently is so annoying and so much work IMO
                        Yes, thank you! Tops just don't understand

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

I think you can either be unlucky or lucky tbh in that regard. I topped a guy yesterday and it was fine. Afterwards he told me he did not prepare and in fact had just eaten lunch lol
                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                            The idea of these dating apps freaks me out. First, I don't like getting intimate with someone I don't trust, so looking for casual sex is not something I'd be interested on. Second, the idea of evaluating someone's potential for dating based on looks alone is one principle my mind cannot fathom. I hope I never have to use them really. I think my pool of interesting people are the ones not using such apps.
                            They aren't dating apps in reality. They are **** apps. Anyone who thinks otherwize is deluding themselves. ( except in very very rare cases)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

I mean I only let my hole be smashed 2 times at most in a week. Most of the times it's only once a week though. Even in relationships.

All the other times its either me topping or non-penetrative sex.
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• The word 'only' seems odd in this context, but I'm happy for you enjoying what you do ;) .

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  The word 'only' seems odd in this context, but I'm happy for you enjoying what you do ;) .
                                  No offence but I don't think aRat was asking for your blessing or approval

Comment

• Oh come on, bro, if I had judged him for having a lot of intercourse, you would've complained, if I had approved it, you would've complained as well.
                                    Everyone on here wants to have a good time and I try to contribute to that by posting as much positive stuff as possible and only as much negative stuff as necessary ;) .
                                    Last edited by theMathematician; Thu June 17, 2021, 20:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                      Oh come on, bro, if I had judged him for having a lot of intercourse, you would've complained, if I had approved it, you would've complained as well.
                                      Everyone on here wants to have a good time and I try to contribute to THAT by posting as much positive stuff as possible and only as much negative stuff as necessary ;) .
                                      The point was that he doesn't need your approval, bro. It's not your business to approve or disapprove anything aRat does, sexually or otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

They aren't dating apps in reality. They are **** apps. Anyone who thinks otherwize is deluding themselves. ( except in very very rare cases)
                                        I think mostly that’s the case but you can definitely get more out of Grindr, you just have to not be expecting it!
                                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post

I think mostly that’s the case but you can definitely get more out of Grindr, you just have to not be expecting it!
                                          Exactly. The key is to have zero expectations then anything more than that is a nice surprise!! I have noticed a big difference in grindr now than when I downloaded it first in 2013. Back then I used to meet more people for dates first and see what happens, now the majority just want to go straight to sex!

Comment

• A kindergarten acquaintance used to be user on one of the dating apps I use. Apparently, he's returned with another account. I haven't spoken a word with him in decades, but I still remember who he is just like I guess he remembers who I am because in both cases, he decided to block me right after I had a first look at his profile(s) . I guess he's assuming that I'd want to expose him offline or something, which, of course, is not the case.

Comment

• Anyone else having the issue with only attracting straight and bisexual men? Can’t even remember the last gay man I met. The past few fellas were all married or divorced with kids.
                                              Last edited by Loose; Sun July 4, 2021, 08:48.
                                              What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                                Anyone else having the issue with only attracting straight and bisexual men? Can’t even remember the last gay man I met. The past few fellas were all married or divorced with kids.
                                                Do you mean on the apps? I feel like I hardly come across bi men there.
                                                Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [13 weeks]

Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                                                Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                                                Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                                                Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

Comment

Anyone else having the issue with only attracting straight and bisexual men? Can’t even remember the last gay man I met. The past few fellas were all married or divorced with kids.
                                                  This is not an issue at all for me. A hot straight or bi guy naked on all fours begging me to pound him hard is a sight most pleasing to me. Having said that I never really ask anyone to label themselves or what they are cos I dont personally care.

Comment

I hear you and it's often the same with me; I have always thought it's because I live in the suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X