Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plym
    Originally posted by steophonic
    Sounds quite lazy to me... people who can't be arsed going out to meet people!
    No offense Ste, but it's alot easier for straight people to meet people.
    I have to go to a specific bar or club to know that a guy is gay and I can chat him up. This isn't really convenient for me as I don't like gay clubs and pubs and there are alot of people closeted out there who want to meet someone too.
    Yeah I can see what you mean....
    Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Sounds quite lazy to me... people who can't be arsed going out to meet people!
      No offense Ste, but it's alot easier for straight people to meet people.
      I have to go to a specific bar or club to know that a guy is gay and I can chat him up. This isn't really convenient for me as I don't like gay clubs and pubs and there are alot of people closeted out there who want to meet someone too.
      Yeah I can see what you mean.... the impression I got was that it has this reputation for people who are just after sex with the nearest person to them rather than a relationship though?
      This is exactly what this is reputed for; however, what Plym says still stands. Both valid!

Comment

You should go on a night out with one of my friends! About 70% of the guys she tries to pull turn out to be gay! I'm not sure if they're just saying that to get rid of her ( ) but I am really close friends with a few of the guys she's tried it with now!

Comment

Oh, there are definitely people wanting just sex, of course. There is a block button though...
          My post was more aimed at Ste's 'people just can't be arsed going out' line.

Comment

Yea there are people on Grindr that use it just for hook ups, but there's nothing to stop 2 people on there who want something more than that meeting up and dating etc.
            1 Harry Styles|2 Pet Shop Boys|3 Ciara |4 Sigala|5 Raye|

Comment

I have it just to be nosey to be honest. I find the majority of people act like ****s on there because there is an unexpectation about many profiles.
              "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

How restricted is the range? i.e. If I was in Nottingham, would everyone using it within Nottingham show up?

Comment

The nearest 100 people.. but you can choose an age range for those 100 people if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
                    How restricted is the range? i.e. If I was in Nottingham, would everyone using it within Nottingham show up?
                    The 100 nearest profiles to you show up I think.

Comment

The 100 nearest profiles to you show up I think.
                      Yeah, + you really wouldn't want to be in Nottingham. Its not got the best people.

Comment

Even so, I live in such a sparsely-gay area, so my 100 profiles could be from quite a distance away.

Unless there's some sort of underground gay scene in Derbyshire that I have not been introduced to yet.

Comment

Yea I got a message from someone from Goole before because of a limited gay population around there

Comment

Even so, I live in such a sparsely-gay area, so my 100 profiles could be from quite a distance away.

Unless there's some sort of underground gay scene in Derbyshire that I have not been introduced to yet.
                            Derby people tend to come to Nottingham for a night out; however, I know loads of people in Derby that are gay!

Comment

Yes, but when I put my age-restricting filters on, I don't think there will be.

Comment

my trial ends in 4 days! since I'm using it on a blackberry, I have to pay $4.97 monthly, which is kinda lame because it's not something that I'll use regularly and knowing me i'll forgot about it in week!
                                but I'll probably download it again when I get an iphone
                                I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy
                                  I've never heard of Bender? What makes the people on it better? Surely it's the same people?
                                  less people than grindr but you can manually change your location, for example i usually set my location to Westminister so i can chat to fit people around there because Ilford in london is not good at all except this really cute married couple but they aren't looking for hookups..

I shouldn't even be on grindr/bender/gaydar, i've got a fiance. still nothing beats finding teachers on either one of those and teasing them the next day.

Comment

Grindr has now been downloaded over 2m times in 192 countries!

Comment

Originally posted by Merci
                                      my trial ends in 4 days! since I'm using it on a blackberry, I have to pay $4.97 monthly, which is kinda lame because it's not something that I'll use regularly and knowing me i'll forgot about it in week!
                                      but I'll probably download it again when I get an iphone
                                      It sucks we have to pay for it (no pun intended) I only use it to be nosy because most of the profiles that show up nearest me are not cute or I get the really hot guys that are like wanna meet??? I want to nosey on it more but my trials up & I ain't paying :p

Comment

So just out of curiosity I decided to check this out and it's sort of exciting, but terrifying too. Someone 50 feet away from me is online so that means one of my neighbours is gay/bisexual/bicurious.

Some of the "Grindr Tribes" crack me up though. Otter, poz, daddy, leather?

I'll probably just delete the app in a few hours/days though. I appreciate the headless torsos and everything, but this is clearly not my type of thing. #backtothesinglehustle
                                        Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [Starting soon]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

It's addictive, I used it religiously for about 3 months this year, you meet genuine dates, mates and one night stands on there, it's s complete mix.
                                          Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Wait.

Comment

Hmm, I betta subscribe to this thread. I have a feeling I'll get a lot of good quotes for my sig from here.
                                              Originally posted by Thriller
                                              Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim
                                                It's addictive, I used it religiously for about 3 months this year, you meet genuine dates, mates and one night stands on there, it's s complete mix.
                                                Woah, I always thought you were a hetero.

I got grindr a few months ago, the first month or so was pretty slutty but then I realised there's only so many homos in my town that I can sleep with so I've gone off it.

I haven't had any bad experiences on there though, and I've became mates with a couple of guys.

One thing that irritates me is people without a picture. #nopicnod*ck

Comment

YES, JimJim, have you crossed over?

Comment

^ @Spartan. There are only so few also in my town who are f*ckable too. Like one morning I met with someone and then later that night that I skyped with another guy from grindr and during our conversation about the guys near us, he said he f*cked the same guy that afternoon. Mess.

And I use bathhouses, don't judge me. You have to be really picky though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X