X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you cope with a lack of sleep?

Not sure if a thread already exists!

I personally seem to thrive for a couple of hours, and then crash

This is my problem during exam time. I usually find it very hard to sleep the night before exams so I end up being up a lot of the night. I usually get up around 5 to study so I would have like 2 cups of coffee before my exams start at 9.30 am and I'm normally fine for the 3 hours of the exam. It's around 2 or 3 in the afternoon I start to crash and I'm useless until the next day once I've had a full nights sleep.

Comment

Exhaust yourself to death. Take a very warm shower. Drink sourcherry juice. . Stay away from anything caffeine.

If none of this works, make your room as dark as it can be (using quite thick curtains etc). This made wonders for me!

Comment

Plus: If you exercise too much in the evening it will be counterproductive for sleep. Don't use LED screens before going to bed. No alcohol, no nicotine, no sweets.

Play, what's the use of sourcherry?

So the best thing is prevention. Again, no alcohol, no nicotine, no sweets, no caffeine. No LED screens in bedroom.
        last.fm
        Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

I completely agree with what Play said...but I'd like to add that after exhausting yourself and making your room as dark as possible; lay down and close your eyes.

Like, I'm being so serious. Laying down, getting comfortable and closing your eyes really does work.
          I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
          --Katy Perry

Comment

Originally posted by Chun
            Play, what's the use of sourcherry?
            Once I read somewhere that sourcherry juice actually is more effective for sleep than warm milk

Comment

I have pulled many all-nighters in my time before exams, but I'd only do it for early morning exams though, because by lunchtime, I begin to be a bit zombie-ish, and I'd probably fall asleep on the exam paper.

Comment

I stay awake for 24+ hours until I get really sleepy so I can start to function normally.

Comment

I could never do an all nighter before an exam! Gurl needs her sleep

I've noticed that at uni, I am really tired watching TV in the lounge but as soon as I lie down in bed it's like my brain suddenly switches on and starts thinking about really random things stopping me from sleeping

Comment

heavy meal and sex or masturbation should make u sleep
                    jio CHARTS NOW: 26/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10487417

Comment

^ That's what I do as well. I feel it is better to sleep as long as I can and then stay awake longer in return. If I am tired I am a mess and can't concentrate at work.
                      last.fm
                      Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                        So, eat a ton, f* and then sleep? Is that like, immediately after eating or do you wait a while?
                        can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

I can deal with it...
                          P=MC2's Top 20
                          Originally posted by Merci
                          Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by ANH
                            Originally posted by jio
                            So, eat a ton, f* and then sleep? Is that like, immediately after eating or do you wait a while?
                            Well depends... if you are desperate have the meal and then sex, it will make you way more tired... unless you are planning to have passive anal sex in which case the heavy meal is not advisable. And of course do not choose anything mindblowing or weird for sex (or masturbation), preferentially it must be someone (or something in case of masturbation) which can do the job but is not exciting, otherwise you might end up thinking about it (awake) all night long
                            jio CHARTS NOW: 26/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10487417

Comment

I can only get a decent night sleep if I'm absolutely EXHAUSTED! I'm a terrible sleeper! :x
                              My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Toss and turn til it hits me.

I rarely have this condition actually, I usually fall asleep the minute I lay my head on the pillow.
                                Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

i get headaches ...

my rule: study during the day and watch tv during the evening.. otherwise i'd die.

I can go with 4 hours of sleep and without any food very well. I'm like a robot. I can to this for about 2-3 days but then I'm pulling a Mariah-breakdown-size behaviour and start stripping and rambling in public. It's quite cute, I guess.
                                  My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                                    Originally posted by ANH
                                    Originally posted by jio
                                    Well depends... if you are desperate have the meal and then sex, it will make you way more tired... unless you are planning to have passive anal sex in which case the heavy meal is not advisable. And of course do not choose anything mindblowing or weird for sex (or masturbation), preferentially it must be someone (or something in case of masturbation) which can do the job but is not exciting, otherwise you might end up thinking about it (awake) all night long
                                    Well, there you go, people!
                                    can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

Try a very cold can of fine lager or 11
                                      You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

Leave your phone off, or in silent mode, or delete the apps or block them at night, like BBM, texting, facebook, twitter, etc, etc, etc...that's addictive!!

Comment

It was my first day back to school today and I didn't get any sleep at all last night. I was just lethargic the whole day at school, closing my eyes at any opportunity I could get home. After 36 hours without sleep, I finally fell asleep for an hour. I just feel like I've wasted the day as I haven't been able to concentrate on any work due to this tiredness.

I'm getting at least seven hours tonight. As for coping with the lack of sleep, dancing to drum 'n' bass like crazy, getting caught in a massive rain shower, a hot bath and going for walks helped me stay awake. I think I've drained myself enough these past few days to finally get a good night sleep.
                                          late.

Comment

I had this problem over New Year's at my friend's place.

I don't sleep well in beds other my own or houses other my own, so I slept horribly the 3 nights I was there.

I didn't cope really, I just survived the days with no sleep
                                            I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty
                                              I don't sleep well in beds other my own or houses other my own, so I slept horribly the 3 nights I was there.
                                              LOL! I have the same problem. Maybe it's animal instinct.. you're on edge because you're not in your domain and anything could happen.
                                              You're like a bad penny =)

Comment

Originally posted by jonasmileynlt
                                                Originally posted by Shorty
                                                LOL! I have the same problem. Maybe it's animal instinct.. you're on edge because you're not in your domain and anything could happen.
                                                You quoting that made me realise I missed the word 'then' twice in that sentence. WTF is wrong with me lol

And yeah, it's weird. I always wake up and feel like I haven't slept at all at other people's houses! The only place I don't get like that is my Dad's place cos it's like my second house.
                                                I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

Originally posted by cidermaster
                                                  Try a very cold can of fine lager or 11
                                                  Too Much Music
                                                  Too Much Music @Facebook
                                                  Too Much Music @Twitter
                                                  Scotland Social League

Comment

Working...
                                                  X