Does It Feel Like Christmas For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does It Feel Like Christmas For You?

I feel a bit as though Sunday is just another normal day. I don't really feel the Christmas spirit or anything and with all the cleaning, shopping, and other activities going on around me, I sorta feel like the message of the season is being lost, for yet another year.

How about you guys?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Somewhat
    0%
    Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2020: [#1!]
    Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2020: [#1!]
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2020: [#1!]

No, not really. Christmas Eve used to be my favourite day of the year but this year (and the last one or two), I feel like Christmas has just passed me by.

I think it is because everything is getting earlier and earlier every year, it devalues the actual season for me. I used to get that Christmassy feeling around the 14th/15th December but now people are putting trees up from mid-November. That and the fact I have been playing Merry Christmas II You since late October.

Also, I think my lack of festive-ness is because I am 19 now. I used to go to carol concerts with school, the pantomime with my Grandma etc. and all these old Christmas rituals are gone now so the only Christmas buzz I get is when I go Christmas shopping, at which point I am freezing and stressed!

There are also no children in my immediate family anymore since me and my sister grew up so I think everyone on the whole makes less of an effort. Also, on my mothers side there are no children at all anymore so no one makes the effort to come together.

It's disappointing because Christmas was always so good and magical when I was a child, I think as an adult it will always fall short unfortunately. I can't wait till I have kids, though!

Comment

Nope, can't believe how quickly it's come round! I'm just not in the festive spirit at all, feels like any other time of year to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
        Nope, can't believe how quickly it's come round! I'm just not in the festive spirit at all, feels like any other time of year to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS7
          This. I thought I was the only one, but I guess I'm not.. :-?

Comment

It doesn't feel Christmas-y at all to me. :(

Comment

I was feeling very Christmas-y about a week ago! But up until about an hour ago, it felt like an ordinary Saturday! Beginning to get into the spirit of things now!! Happy Christmas to you all!!

Comment

What the hell does "Christmas" 'feel' like? it feels like any other day and has done since I was about 16.
                He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

Mmmm people on the streets are looking stupidly happy, children keep knocking at the doors demanding money for singing off-key, no services are working, the tv is showing re-runs of all kinds of overly sweet films and it is nearly impossible to enter any decent bar/club... yes, it does feel like christmas
                  jio CHARTS NOW: 19/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10543721

Comment

I have still Christmas spirit but I think I try to recreate this lost feeling. More I I grow up the less I feel this Christmas spirit. So I listen Christmas music, I still enjoy Christmas decorations like if I'm looking with children's eyes.
                    But this year, I listened less Christmas music.
                    Anyway, I still love Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Niko45
                      I have still Christmas spirit but I think I try to recreate this lost feeling. More I I grow up the less I feel this Christmas spirit. So I listen Christmas music, I still enjoy Christmas decorations like if I'm looking with children's eyes.
                      But this year, I listened less Christmas music.
                      Anyway, I still love Christmas!
                      this! and what sucks that's actually the fact i can't stop eating....everything! january is gonna be terrible on body basis :x :evil: :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
                        It doesn't feel Christmas-y at all to me. :(
                        Blu Cantrell - "S.O.S." (Tell Me Where You At)

Comment

Nope, no family and friends this year + huge assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                            Mmmm people on the streets are looking stupidly happy, children keep knocking at the doors demanding money for singing off-key, no services are working, the tv is showing re-runs of all kinds of overly sweet films and it is nearly impossible to enter any decent bar/club... yes, it does feel like christmas
                            LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                              Love iiiiiit.

I don't want to be a Scrooge, I really don't, but Christmas just annoys me now. I don't feel any kind of excitement for it and it's just an inconvenience. I can't drive so I can't go anywhere, and to make matters worse my birthday's in three days and no one can come to my birthday shindig because there's no transport! Not a huge fan of Christmas as an adult I'm afraid.
                              The alternative to the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimo
                                I don't want to be a Scrooge, I really don't, but Christmas just annoys me now. I don't feel any kind of excitement for it and it's just an inconvenience. I can't drive so I can't go anywhere, and to make matters worse my birthday's in three days and no one can come to my birthday shindig because there's no transport! Not a huge fan of Christmas as an adult I'm afraid.
                                Seconded.
                                He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

With the stores bringing out Christmas stuff before Halloween, it really is quite a long drag. It's almost like I'm wishing for it to end before December even starts

Comment

No, but I've stopped celebrating Christmas, so that's partly why.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jamesssxD
                                        ? Girls' Generation ?
                                        ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

NO. I'm working all this week including tomorrow at 7:30 am. I'm away from home without any form of present or crimbo food. Oh and it doesn't help that in Disneyland it's been xmas since the first week of November...

Comment

Are you working in Disneyland?
                                            jio CHARTS NOW: 19/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10543721

Comment

Weird, I feel the exact same way and I've always liked Christmas! :-?

Comment

This! Maybe if it came 2-3 days later...but it feels like as if I couldn't prepare for Christmas properly and it has arrived way quicker than I'd originally thought it would.

Christmas music helps a bit, though.

Comment

Yes
                                                  Too Much Music
                                                  Too Much Music @Facebook
                                                  Too Much Music @Twitter
                                                  Scotland Social League

Comment

Working...
                                                  X