Does It Feel Like Christmas For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does for me! Mainly cos it's Christmas Day now

At the moment, my Mum is making Christmas lunch, I've opened my presents and we're gonna play some board games later Family tradition lol.
    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

I would have to agree that it doesn't really feel like Christmas for me this year either. Or at least not nearly as much as it used to. Maybe it just has to do with getting older or maybe it has to do with the fact that I have been sooo busy lately, up until this week... :-?
      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Somewhat.

The good part is being with my family and open gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by jio
          Are you working in Disneyland?

Regrettably.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman324
            Originally posted by jio

Regrettably.
            Don't you enjoy it?

Comment

Certainly! Enjoyed it a lot.
              R.I.P. NATE DOGG (August 19, 1969 March 15, 2011)
              We will never forget you

Comment

Normally I feel really Christmassy and happy but not so much this year. I think it's down to several things for me. Normally I spend Christmas with younger relatives and, essentially, children are the heart of Christmas for me as they have such enthusiasm. Also, it hasn't snowed yet this year which might be a contributing factor.

Either way, it doesn't feel liek Christmas yet I know I'm gonna get fat from all the food. It's a lose-lose situation.

Comment

I actually think if it wasn't for Mariah's music, I wouldn't feel the spirit at all. Music sets me up for every mood.
                  You ain't gotta break down,
                  YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Feels less like Christmas every year.

This year even less so as I didn't see the usual old faces out and about in town on Christmas Eve like I used to.

Also this year is the first year in as long as I remember where I haven't got any new CD's or DVD's for Christmas.
                    Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                      Also, it hasn't snowed yet this year which might be a contributing factor.
                      Good point! A "white" Christmas always contributes a lot to the Christmas feeling..
                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Not that much to be honest. All the magical atmosphere disappears as you get old.

Btw i love the presents and the lights
                        Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad

Comment

Yes, it does for me!
                          At first it kinda didn't, but it finally did LOL. It's so wonderful once you get into the spirit though. I love Christmas.

Comment

Yes. A week ago it really never much at all. But now it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                              Originally posted by jio

Regrettably.
                              Don't you enjoy it?
                              I love it/ Amazing job. Just, not when you want to be at home for Christmas. Oh well. Another year over. Roll on Xmas 2012!

Comment

Somehow I did not even felt like its Christmas time ... and I LOVED it.
                                First I just planned to stay Christmas evening at home, watching TV, then I got invitatioin from friends so I was with them, had dinner and then we watched movies ...

I could live without Christmas without any problems ...
                                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

I spent yesterday with my family and I had a lot of fun, actually. It still didn't have that Christmas feel but I was just happy for peace of mind and happiness.
                                  Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

It felt like it somewhat. I love seeing houses decorated with lights & I enjoy buying a tree & putting up the decorations, but there weren't many decorated houses in my neighbourhood and the weather up until Christmas Eve didn't feel Christmassy to me. Still, it was a nice day in the end, albeit a long one for me.

I think I'm getting over my aversion to Christmas songs/carols (left over from working in retail and hearing the same songs on 1 CD played over and over) now, but there are still some songs I can't stand to hear.
                                    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

Strangely, it does and it doesn't for me. It's the first time I have been away from home for Christmas and I miss my family and friends (and the glorious food!) so much, but yet I'm also feeling more Christmassy this year by the very lack of Christmas in my surroundings.

Saying that, I'm already counting down the days till Christmas 2012 and I'll be able to share it with those that I love.
                                      LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

NO. I'm working all this week including tomorrow at 7:30 am. I'm away from home without any form of present or crimbo food. Oh and it doesn't help that in Disneyland it's been xmas since the first week of November...
                                        This is exactly my situation but with a slight difference (where virtually no family celebrates Christmas and lots of people continue working on Christmas Day!). I haven't even got any holidays to celebrate the holiday and it just feels so strange.

I have been teaching kids for the last three months and it's only now where I'm realizing just how unfortunate they are, as they never get to experience the amazing feeling of waking up to presents under a Christmas tree, hours and hours of countless Christmas movies and television, a sensational Christmas dinner, and just enjoying the free time to play with their brand new toys or whatever they may do.

Christmas is a time that should be enjoyed and appreciated because some countries aren't fortunate enough to have it embedded into their culture.
                                        LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by toni_pest
                                          Originally posted by SOS7
                                          Originally posted by Thriller
                                          Nope, can't believe how quickly it's come round! I'm just not in the festive spirit at all, feels like any other time of year to me.
                                          This. I thought I was the only one, but I guess I'm not.. :-?
                                          Same here. It is the first year I haven't felt that special Christmas feel :-? .

Comment

This year something was missing. There was no Christmas cheer. Only Jesus, which is enough for me anyways
                                            God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

Comment

I'm really trying to pump up the Christmas spirit - put decorations up a little early and have been shopping online, but it's such a different experience this year. I miss the hubbub of Black Friday, the festivity of going to bars and restaurants. It's so muted this year.

Comment

Nop, it doesn't. Everything attractive about Christmas to me is considered a health hazard
                                                jio CHARTS NOW: 30/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10571206

Comment

It is starting to!

Tomorrow my Christmas festivations begin. I’m putting my Christmas tree and decorations up, will write and post my cards and will put together my Christmas playlists.

It’s Sunday so I’ll make a roast lunch, have a glass of wine, then crawl onto the sofa, throw a blanket over me and eat a bucket of Christmas cookie ice cream whilst watching Home Alone.

I love Christmas.
                                                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Far too early for me yet. Christmas for me is 24th to 26th December. I don't put up decorations or send cards or any of that.

Called to see a friend ten days ago on way home and he was putting up decorations. I was like, come on, it's the 20th of November.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X