No announcement yet.

Does It Feel Like Christmas For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's already beginning to feel like Christmas very early this year.

So many new Christmas songs, the first already in August...

And while most people here usually wait for December 6th when Saint Nickolaas has left the country, I see more and more Christmas decorations every day. Decorated trees, houses, gardens... When I walk the dog late in the evening there are so many lights everywhere. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We've been away during the Christmas holidays a lot, just the two of us. Perhaps it's gonna be just the two of us this time as well, but not far away on holiday. Looking forward actually to spend the holidays at home, cozy and being lazy with all our pets.
    Hopefully for my mother we will see each other as all these covid rules make her lonely, I think.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I put my Christmas tree up three weeks ago and already had to replace it when all the needles fell off :(
      1 Jessie Frye |2 Harry Styles |3 Kelly Rowland|4 Michael Gray |5 Jazmine Sullivan

Comment

^ We bought an artificial (white) tree a few years ago. Never thought I would like anything else but a real tree, but I really love it. It has the lights stuck to the branches, so no twisting and messing up those wires. The only thing... one of our cats bit right through the main wire, so we had to order a new one. To compensate (which they didn't have to) we got an app so we can turn on the lights with our phone.

Comment

Plastic is the way forward (what an oxymoron lol). I’ve never liked real Christmas trees, thru die and have a strange shape that is hard to decorate. My plastic one is much better and has lasted years - and will do so for many more to come.
          Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Only real and organic trees can come into in my apartment. No fake and artificial plastic allowed.

Anyway the charts are absolutely uselles right now and it's not even December yet.

Just look at UK Spotify:

1. All I Want For Christmas Is You | 627.131

2. Last Christmas | 599.275

3. It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas | 471.857

4. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree | 458.616

5. Santa Tell Me | 431.672

6. Underneath The Tree | 371.222

7. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year | 361.939

8. Jingle Bell Rock | 357.843

10. Do They Know It's Christmas? | 331.439

11. Fairytale of New York | 330.555

14. Sleigh Ride | 292.890

15. Driving Home For Christmas | 288.420

16. Let It Snow! Let It Snow| Let It Snow! | 283.458

18. Holly Jolly Christmas | 273.593

22. Wonderful Christmastime |

23. Step Into Christmas |

27. Mistletoe | 225.021

30. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! |

31. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday |

34. Feliz Navidad | 199.892

35. One More Sleep |

40. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) |

46. Baby, It's Cold Outside |

A nightmare literally a nightmare

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
            98 - OUT

Comment

^ I honestly cannot imagine waking up on the 29th November and thinking oh let me put on Christmas music. I really don't get it. I listen to some XMAS music on the 24th and 25th and that is it. ( Apart from Cozy Lil Christmas which I give an odd stream to here and there from October on )

Comment

It doesn’t feel exactly like Christmas yet but I’m sure it will do once the U.K. comes out of lockdown next week.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  ^ I honestly cannot imagine waking up on the 29th November and thinking oh let me put on Christmas music. I really don't get it. I listen to some XMAS music on the 24th and 25th and that is it. ( Apart from Cozy Lil Christmas which I give an odd stream to here and there from October on )
                  I've been listening to Christmas music for weeks.
                  1 Jessie Frye |2 Harry Styles |3 Kelly Rowland|4 Michael Gray |5 Jazmine Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I've been listening to Christmas music for weeks.
                    Judging by the streams and charts so have most people

Comment

Same. The concept that people WILLINGLY play Xmas Music is so alien to me. The only times when I am exposed to Xmas music is when I hear it on the radio or on TV.
                      98 - OUT

Comment

There are so many great Christmas songs and usually the opportunity window to play them is so narrow, I'm enjoying getting a bit more out of them this year.

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post

Same. The concept that people WILLINGLY play Xmas Music is so alien to me. The only times when I am exposed to Xmas music is when I hear it on the radio or on TV.
                          I would recommend you start with Katy's Christmas song. It is modern and hip and classically cool. Seeing as bars in Alemania are closed it is the perfect little ditty to sing to your boyfriend while you both stay at home.

Comment

I would recommend you start with Katy's Christmas song. It is modern and hip and classically cool. Seeing as bars in Alemania are closed it is the perfect little ditty to sing to your boyfriend while you both stay at home.

I like it it's cute. It was actually played a lot on TV last year and I found it to be one of the few tolerable Xmas songs together with Last Christmas
                            98 - OUT

Comment

I like to play Christmas music now and then, no matter what time of year it is.
                              But I've really started to playing Christmas music on a weekly basis since somewhere in October when more and more new Christmas songs got released. And since the last two weeks I've been starting to play Christmas music on a daily basis.

What I love about Christmas music: it has the kind of songs that you will hardly hear the rest of the year.

It has great gospel choir songs like Mariah's Joy To The World, Jesus Born On This Day, Jesus Oh What A Wonderful Child or Vanessa Williams' Go Tell It On The Mountain.

It has lots of fun songs, like Jim Reeves' The Merry Christmas Polka, Cyndi Lauper's Minnie & Santa, Madonna's Santa Baby, Barbra Streisand's Jingle Bells and The Pointer Sisters' Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.

It has complete stories in just a few minutes like Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty The Snowman, One Child.

It has songs I know by heart since childhood like Silent Night, Jingle Bells, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, O Christmas Tree.

It has so many versions of almost every well known song, so you can pick and choose the best version possible of every song there is.

Comment

I honestly cannot imagine waking up on the 29th November and thinking oh let me put on Christmas music. I really don't get it.
                                My life long rule has always been that it’s unlucky to listen to Christmas music outside of December. However my tree has gone up today and I’ve had a few Christmas albums on.

I’ve spoken to family and friends that have done the same this year and the general consensus is yes, it’s early, but 2020 has been crap, it’s less than a month to Christmas and we all need something nice to look forward to.

Ordinarily I put my tree up on 1st December and take it down 1st January. I love decorating my home and I just love the excitement of it all. It makes me happy and god knows we could all do with some happy right about now.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post

My life long rule has always been that it’s unlucky to listen to Christmas music outside of December. However my tree has gone up today and I’ve had a few Christmas albums on.

I’ve spoken to family and friends that have done the same this year and the general consensus is yes, it’s early, but 2020 has been crap, it’s less than a month to Christmas and we all need something nice to look forward to.

Ordinarily I put my tree up on 1st December and take it down 1st January. I love decorating my home and I just love the excitement of it all. It makes me happy and god knows we could all do with some happy right about now.
                                  I changed my standard beige and white throws for seasonal red ones today Plus I listened to Cozy Little Christmas twice

I just really never bother with decorating as I tend to be away for xmas as much as I can although I will probably be around for more of it this year, but I still cant be bothered with it all. I don't actually have any decorations lol. I remember I put lights on the windows one year and they all got totally ravelled when I took them down and I threw them out instead of bothering to untangle them I do have a seasonal frame from Coca Cola that I put up on top of the fridge and I think there are three santas somewhere that I may put along the TV stand but that will be it !

Comment

I changed my standard beige and white throws for seasonal red ones today Plus I listened to Cozy Little Christmas twice

I just really never bother with decorating as I tend to be away for xmas as much as I can although I will probably be around for more of it this year, but I still cant be bothered with it all. I don't actually have any decorations lol. I remember I put lights on the windows one year and they all got totally ravelled when I took them down and I threw them out instead of bothering to untangle them I do have a seasonal frame from Coca Cola that I put up on top of the fridge and I think there are three santas somewhere that I may put along the TV stand but that will be it !
                                    Let me tell you a secret - it will change your life.

Amazon.com sells Christmas decorations.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Let me tell you a secret - it will change your life.

Amazon.com sells Christmas decorations.
                                      LOL but I won't be here for Christmas haha. I will be in a highly decorated house with Christmas music on repeat from the 24th to the 26th ( inclusive ) That is quite enough for me

Comment

Although I'm not really religious anymore, I joined a boys choir (wearing robes, singing in Latin) when I was just six years old. Later on I joined a children's choir and we used to sing quite a lot in church (mostly Dutch church songs) and my love for church music has never faded. Some of my most favorite Christmas songs are the more religious ones like O Holy Night and Go Tell It On The Mountain.

Comment

I would've answered this question with a clear no yesterday, but... totally unexpected, tons of snow fell last night and it's all completely white now, this helps so much to get into Christmas mood <3

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                            A nightmare literally a nightmare
                                            Suffer, rat

Tansike we are getting snow here too! It does help quite a bit. I also bought some eggnog so

Comment

My life long rule has always been that it’s unlucky to listen to Christmas music outside of December.

A bar I used to work at had an annual tradition of throwing a Christmas party on August bank holiday, with decorations, music the lot

I made some eggnog a couple of weeks ago and have been stuffing my face wirth Starbucks Friends inspired gravy layer sandwich!

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                I would've answered this question with a clear no yesterday, but... totally unexpected, tons of snow fell last night and it's all completely white now, this helps so much to get into Christmas mood <3
                                                I can see how it helps, but having lived in the tropics when I was young, I am totally fine celebrating Christmas somewhere on a sunny beach.

Comment

Working...
                                                X