• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sí, quiero.

Comment

last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPie
        French is hot deffinitely !!! The only thing I know is Je T'Aime but if anybody would whisper something in my ears in french, I'd probably pass out!
        I know a little bit more in French, but I will agree with you on how hot it sounds as a language.

French & Spanish >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

Originally posted by Era
          I've gotta a private French teacher on UKMIX N he SLAYS !!!!
          C'est pas ce que tu disais au début. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Haribo
            Originally posted by Era
            Coz I scored a perfect score in the test you gave me and then you just stopped But opinions change ofc <3
            YOU SLAY

Comment

Originally posted by Virgostar
              French & Spanish >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              Spanish kinda turns me on (in specific situations).
              be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by Era
                Originally posted by Era
                Coz I scored a perfect score in the test you gave me and then you just stopped But opinions change ofc <3
                YOU SLAY
                C'est gentil. J'espère que tu penseras pareil lorsqu'on passera à la conjugaison et aux accords.

Comment

I totally need someone to practice conversation with. Everytime it's like this, but in French.
                  last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Era
                    Originally posted by Era
                    YOU SLAY
                    C'est gentil. J'espère que tu penseras pareil lorsqu'on passera à la conjugaison et aux accords.
                    Hopefully

Comment

I have poor pronunciation and diction.

I know more Spanish, but I want to learn French more. It's easy to learn but my accent is horrible. I need a diction coach.

Comment

Bumping this as I had an interesting time in Montréal recently.

Got asked twice for directions in French & had to bust out the one phrase I know how to say in French, which I only learnt thanks to Google Translate and I'm not even sure I pronounced things correctly ....one of the people asking for directions was this utterly gorgeous man too , although he spoke some broken English back at me thankfully. Made me despair at my lack of French-speaking/understanding skills, even though some did speak English as well of course, but still...I tried at least with the very little that I know. I certainly came away with more sympathy for those trying to speak another language & it's made me want to learn French even more, even though I know Québec (the province) has its own dialect of sorts.

Comment

I don't understand the Quebec people, such a strange accent and all. Not as pretty as the French one tbh
                          last.fm

Comment

It's a bit scary for me that there are wuite a bit of people not speaking English in Canada, don't know how to explain it. I know it's official and mother thong of majority, but it's the same country and especially cuz English is global language.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgostar
                              Bumping this as I had an interesting time in Montréal recently.

Got asked twice for directions in French & had to bust out the one phrase I know how to say in French, which I only learnt thanks to Google Translate and I'm not even sure I pronounced things correctly ....one of the people asking for directions was this utterly gorgeous man too , although he spoke some broken English back at me thankfully. Made me despair at my lack of French-speaking/understanding skills, even though some did speak English as well of course, but still...I tried at least with the very little that I know. I certainly came away with more sympathy for those trying to speak another language & it's made me want to learn French even more, even though I know Québec (the province) has its own dialect of sorts.
                              Sooo... what IS the one phrase you can speak in French? "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?"
                              last.fm
                              Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

No but I can say that too...it was some variation of "I don't understand much French", basically...but I think I stuffed it up anyway. Like I said, I tried!

Originally posted by mrlemonade
                                I don't understand the Quebec people, such a strange accent and all. Not as pretty as the French one tbh
                                I didn't find it strange, although I did feel like I was in another country within a country, if you get my drift. That said, some people I encountered whilst there did confirm the reputation that French folk have for being rude.

Originally posted by Serby
                                It's a bit scary for me that there are wuite a bit of people not speaking English in Canada, don't know how to explain it. I know it's official and mother thong of majority, but it's the same country and especially cuz English is global language.
                                You can blame the French for discovering Quebec first...at least I think they did. I confess I don't know a whole lot about their history, although I did pick up a little of it at this music exhibition I went to whilst there.

Comment

tongue*

How did you go by with your English? Were they rude when it comes to that?

Comment

I didn't have any experience with rude French people in France. Everyone was really normal and nice. Maybe because I spoke to them in French there was even an old lady in Versailles who I asked for directions in French and she replied in English because she thought it might be easier for me to understand. Idk, everyone was nice.

Might be different if you don't speak French at all. Even though I heard all sorts of bad stuff about them, but a lot of them knew English at least a little bit
                                    last.fm

Comment

My friend said she met a teenage guy that could speak about zero English and I've heard about their 'hate' towards English a lot.

Comment

My friend said she met a teenage guy that could speak about zero English and I've heard about their 'hate' towards English a lot.
                                        Most French and English native speakers are very individual, to say it in a nice way, when it comes to the adaption of foreign languages in general...
                                        Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Pourquoi woood Ai study Anglais, theaare barbaarrs.
                                          last.fm
                                          Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Originally posted by Chun
                                            Pourquoi woood Ai study Anglais, theaare barbaarrs.
                                            something like that, yeah

Comment

How did you go by with your English? Were they rude when it comes to that?
                                              Nah they were fine + I'd been re-assured beforehand that my lack of French would be ok if I ever went to the province. If I looked at someone with a blank expression when they were saying something in French that I couldn't understand, they spoke back at me in English thankfully. Well, for the most part...I did have this girl at a food outlet totally dismiss me when I spoke English. I had this funny feeling she may have bitched to her co-worker whilst I was waiting for my food saying that I was "Americain" (American). Felt like giving her a piece of my mind, but I think I was just being paranoid.

Overall the dual language thing works out fine, for the most part everyone I encountered in the service industries all spoke English as well. Still hasn't stopped me from wanting to learn French though.

Comment

this language is so under-represented here
                                                last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon
                                                  this language is so under-represented here
                                                  parce que cette langue est très difficile.

Je n'ai (participle of parler) la langue française depuis 2012.

Damn, I even struggled with that stupid sentence xD
                                                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

''parlé'' est le mot que tu cherches

je ne savais pas que tu parles français, mainshow! trop trop peu de francophones ici
                                                    last.fm

Comment

can't believe i've had French intensive course in high school for so long and only one year later i've forgotten so much currently busy with Spanish but after that i really want to relearn it

[youtube:du6b38mn]Mqb8weZrKN4[/youtube:du6b38mn]
                                                      bop
                                                      ¡Eh, mamá!
                                                      Me quiero matar
                                                      El mundo se va a la mierda
                                                      Y no he hecho nada

Comment

I have neglected this language so so much, it will be a tragedy when i receive a masters degree in it.

honestly shouldn't have even bothered enrolling it tbh, could've just taken a course and my knowledge would be the same
                                                        last.fm

Comment

French is my last target language (for now at least) that I never actually tried to learn or have a real plan to learn, but now that I'm learning and can speak some Portuguese, I realise that French has a lot in common with it and I can kinda understand quite some of it in the written form. So I give it 2-3 years the most before it becomes my new obsession. I also think it's gonna have the perfect timing cuz it's the most difficult of the big three Romance languages and I'm sure I'm gonna profit from keeping it for the end, rather than learning it before the other two.

Comment

I think French is a beautiful language. Although I didn't do well, the last year I had French so my parents send me to a French-speaking-camp. We were only allowed to speak French for four weeks. Which I hated even more, was that we were not allowed to play music. :-?

There are some French singers I love to listen to:

- Lara Fabian
                                                            - Celine Dion
                                                            - Mylene Farmer
                                                            - Zazie
                                                            - Tina Arena
                                                            - Kate Ryan
                                                            - Natasha St-Pier
                                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

In my experience when in France don't ask anyone if they speak English. If you only know a bit of French try to use it, and if they speak English they will reply to you in English

Comment

Working...
                                                              X