Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    I hate cooking. The only thing i can cook is pasta and it's below mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• Chun
    replied
    Serby, your avatar!!!

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by PosziMC2
    Shell, it looks delicious!
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• PosziMC2
    replied
    Shell, it looks delicious!

Leave a comment:

• Haribo
    replied
    Cooking doesn't bother me.

Leave a comment:

• Virgostar
    replied
    *bump*

So today I decided to make some more banana bread (made a loaf last week), since I have a whole heap of frozen, overripe bananas in the freezer & want to get rid of them. Also decided I'd share the fruits of my labour with you. Its not a taxing recipe - mix wet ingredients together, then put the dry ones in, mix it all together, bang it in a loaf pan, put it in the oven for a while & voila, out comes delicious banana bread that tastes even better toasted!

Leave a comment:

• UKMusicLova
    replied
    That looks lush Shell!! Actually I think you iced it really well, will get loads better with more practices as well!

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    If there wasn't that chocolate icing, I would be hungry too. Now I want just to eat that un-iced part

Originally posted by nekoo3372
    Originally posted by serbia95riri
    Mostly cuz of lack of money and cuz I make such a big mess in kitchen
    cooking doesnt need to be expensive ;) best recipes are usually the cheapest ;)

and about the mess. I learned to wash used dishes while cooking. Its really helpful ...
    Yeah, I know it doesn't have to be expensive and I know many simple receipts that are delicious, dunno why I said that. Though, for many receipts I would need amount of money that I don't want to risk and to stay hungry after that

BUT also, almost always there's someone in my house and I think I couldn't work while someone is watching tv few meters away from kitchen (kitchen is visible from living room).

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied
    Originally posted by BLover
    *drools*
    Why Virgostar?! Why did you have to do this to me?
    Now I desperately want to taste that masterpiece.
    LOL same here!

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    *drools*
    Why Virgostar?! Why did you have to do this to me?
    Now I desperately want to taste that masterpiece.

Leave a comment:

• Virgostar
    replied
    Made a chocolate cake yesterday, but not just any choc cake. This is a recipe I've used a zillion times before from a well-known Australian cook (Donna Hay, for the Aussies playing at home) and have turned into cupcakes as well, which people have raved about. Here's what it looked like:

Un-iced:

Iced:

Bear in mind that I'm terrible at piping. I put that down to being a total learner + the piping bag I got with the kit I bought last weekend is not real good. I'm definitely willing to get better at it though.

The only bad things about the cake were it took forever to cook (1 hour, 40 mins); I couldn't get the baking paper to stick all the way around (only on the bottom), which made the cake look a little lopsided (I think that was what made the cake take forever to cook); then when I got it out the bottom of the cake crumbled a bit! Nevertheless, it was still tasty, although a bit rich on my palate. My parents managed to devour several slices of it too - the cake is almost half gone!

Leave a comment:

• Virgostar
    replied
    The pizza turned out...well...not quite as I had hoped. I oil-sprayed the baking trays too much + rolled out the dough too thinly, so the pieces were flimsy in the middle & under the weight of all my toppings. Ah well. Still tasted good.

I did take a photo, but can't be bothered posting it. Might post a photo next time I bake.

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied
    ^ Oh yum!

Save some for me, I'm on my way as we speak!

Leave a comment:

• Frederic
    replied
    Tonight I'm making caramelised chicory, which is divine!

Leave a comment:

• Virgostar
    replied
    Funny this topic should come up, I was considering making one, but wasn't sure if anyone would be into it.

I love both cooking and baking. I really enjoy it, even though it can be time consuming. Also, I'm a bit of a messy cook/baker and there's always heaps of stuff to clean up afterwards and sometimes I have to motivate myself to do preparation & all. Still don't care though, I'd rather do it than eat something out of a box or whatever. I see people with too much frozen food in their supermarket trolleys & it's not healthy IMO.

Admittedly, it took a while for me to become good at cooking/baking, but anyone can learn...just need a fair bit of practice. I'm still not the most perfect cook or baker by any stretch, nor am I someone who does fancy dishes, but people seem to enjoy whatever I make/have made.

Tonight I'm making pizza from scratch. Yep, that's right peeps, I make my own dough AND my own pizza sauce. Beat that! (They're already done now as I type.) May provide a photo if I think of it...although it's not your traditional pizza, I must warn thee.

I also love looking at recipes and finding new recipes as well. This website has fast become one of my favourites. This food blog has also given me some good recipes too - this (which my Dad & I had the other night) and this feature semi-regularly on the dinner menu in my household. I also make their coleslaw too, albeit with a few tweaks.

I'll stop typing now or I'll be here forever.

Leave a comment:

• Titan3510
    replied
    ^ Hey...I can't knock that.

Scrambling eggs is harder than it looks.

I need to hurry up and get married or something...because I am tired of overcooking and/or undercooking my breakfast food.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    I'm an absolute master at making scrambled eggs!

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied
    I suck at cooking. Seriously I can't make anything at all. My limit is making stuff in the microwave!

I can make packet pasta and corn on the cob, but that's it

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Wow, some of you guys sound like professional chefs! My specialty is this...

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied
    I LOVE cooking. I don't always have the time to be in the kitchen for hours unfortunately, but I love to be busy in the kitchen for hours on a free day!

Me and some of my friends organize dinner parties regularly and we switch chefs each dinner, so much fun!

I don't really have specialities, but I love to make:

- Asian food (especially Indonesian)
    - Italian food
    - Spanish food
    - Desserts

I also like to randomly grab some ingredients in the supermarket and experiment. Sometimes I create a masterpiece and sometimes it's ehh okay...

Leave a comment:

• cristy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan
    Originally posted by cristy
    This chocolate cake made by my mom served for breakfast, lunch and dinner for me, these past few days.
    That looks lovely. Though it would've been more impressive if you claimed to have made it yourself.

I love cooking and trying out new things (when they go to plan). I tend to do all the cooking in my household so I've becoem quite adept at it, it's just the cleaning up that I hate.
    No need to lie, I'm good at cooking but nowhere near as good as my mom, especially in the sweets department.
    My mom makes the most incredible muffins/cakes/cookies etc.

Leave a comment:

• Frederic
    replied
    This thread's gotten me hungry already! Tonight I prepared some pasta with pesto rosso and shrimps.

Leave a comment:

• nekoocz
    replied
    Originally posted by serbia95riri
    Mostly cuz of lack of money and cuz I make such a big mess in kitchen
    cooking doesnt need to be expensive ;) best recipes are usually the cheapest ;)

and about the mess. I learned to wash used dishes while cooking. Its really helpful ...

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by cristy
    This chocolate cake made by my mom served for breakfast, lunch and dinner for me, these past few days.
    That looks lovely. Though it would've been more impressive if you claimed to have made it yourself.

I love cooking and trying out new things (when they go to plan). I tend to do all the cooking in my household so I've becoem quite adept at it, it's just the cleaning up that I hate.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Oooh I love cooking, though I'm not doing it that often. Mostly cuz of lack of money and cuz I make such a big mess in kitchen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X