X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music industry rip-off investigation - again

Just found this on the BBC site:

CD price fix probe launched

Personally I'm really fed up with the attitude of the entertainment industry... any pressure on them to stop ripping people off can only be a good thing. :smile:

I couldn't agree more. CD prices are driven up sky-high.

Besides, I think that they should acknowledge the fact that technical innovations will always be made. Take the MP3 format for instance, a brilliant technological idea. And they think they can stop it with a bunch of lousy rules?

Comment

MP3? Don't get me started!

I'm really fed up with the music (and movie) industry telling people how they should listen to music.

The music industry don't like Napster, but it's their own doing. If they'd supplied music in the useful, easy-to-use format the fans want, then Napster wouldn't have gained the enormous popularity it now enjoys.

Why didn't the music industry want to give us music in MP3? Because they're scared of losing control. It's all about taking away choice from the consumer, so they can dictate the prices.

Comment

I agree with you Lars. There are differences in certain record labels, but most of them just don't GET IT.
        Take the Anastacia websites, which are bsically all closed now, because the industry people didn't like this and that (mp3 samples and lyrics) PROMOTING their artist, Doh.

Thankfully not every label is so stupid, which is always good for the public.

People who visit my Debelah Morgan site usually thank me for putting short samples of mp3s so they can doublecheck if the song they like is the one by that artist, or they haven't heard it before and on my site they get the chance, and then they, surprise surprise, BUY it. :smile:

Also I'd like to ask the record industry how come the most successful acts have mp3 all over the web, *full songs*, and still sell so damn well? It doesn't exactly look like mp3s are hurting them hey

Comment

mmm. interesting news
          You're the one I need, My real life has just began, cause theres nothing like your smile made of sun...

Comment

the future of CD's?
            You're the one I need, My real life has just began, cause theres nothing like your smile made of sun...

Comment

Working...
            X