No announcement yet.

Do You Eat Meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading back through this thread, I notice how most of you do give up on red meat, but do eat chicken. Is this only for health reasons? I mean, the way chickens are kept and only have a short life is just as sad as how cows and pigs are kept.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I never really ate red meat, but yeah, I could hardly skip chicken meat. In my case, it's exclusively a matter of taste. I eat veggie substitutes as well but can't and currently don't want to completely skip chicken and fish.
      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
      and everything you stand for?
      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION] I suppose it isn't the ethical issue for me that I know is for other people. It's several things. I was never a huge fan of red meat to begin with. So I decided I might as well go all the way and cut it from my diet as a form of helping the environment.

Comment

• Meat has all the nine essential amino acids you need to consume in order to build and rebuild every cell in your body. And it’s got some other good stuff you need too.
          I have a really good fashion sense but i'm just too poor to prove it

Comment

• I eat meat rare cause I prefer eat good quality meat and thats is more expensive.

Comment

• I haven't eaten meat for half a year

Comment

• I used to try to eat dairy-free but would fail miserably and binge like once a week or every two weeks. I tried to do it mostly for superficial health reasons, which is why I think I failed. The last half a year I’ve been eating everything cause mentally I haven’t been in a good place to care about anything, so it was mostly junk food. During quarantine especially, getting stoned and then ordering from McDonalds (or other junk food place, I don’t discriminate) like every other day which is just disgusting.

I’ve been feeling kinda guilty for the ethical aspect of meat and dairy consumption (which I could care less about before) and for eating so bad, so I’m thinking of trying to taper off gradually, maybe reduce my diet to fish-only (and some healthier dairy) for a start, and then hopefully, once I’m used to it, go full vegan one day.

From experience, I’m definitely not the “all at once” type, which is why I used to fail constantly + I think the ethical aspect was needed for me to truly start caring and feeling bad for eating certain foods, gives it all a “higher purpose” I guess, wheras my skin health reason was kinda superficial and ultimately I didn’t care that much about it to stick with the diet.

I’ll need some massive internal strength and willpower to pull it off though, which is my biggest issue.

last.fm

Comment

• Oh, yes. I prefer chicken.

I come from a meat and potatoes family.

I do try to have meatless meals once in a while.

Comment

• I don't eat red meet in last 10 years, maybe even more.
                    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                    In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Working...
                    X