No announcement yet.

Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have that Milla Jovovich haircut from the Jeanne d'Arc movie.

What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

• My hair was a mess during the last 2-3 weeks. It usually doesn't get oily easily, so I can handle washing it 1-2x a week. If I haven't got the time to wash it, it still looks OK adding one day. Lately, I noticed it getting oily quickly. Last week, I washed it and it felt slightly oily after like 2 days already. I was like 'Damn, if I wash it now, it'll only get worse.'. So what did I do? Do the only thing a lockdown is good for. I kept my hair unwashed and in the end, it really felt as if I added oil to my hair - ewww... Either my hair is too healthy and 'forgot' what it's like to be on the dry side of things (I don't even use conditioner anymore these days.) or my shampoos just don't work for it anymore. Yesterday, it's been washing time again and as I didn't know what to do, I used the most basic shower gel I could find to wash my hair. Maybe it'll finally free me from greese ^^ .
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
        My hair was a mess during the last 2-3 weeks. It usually doesn't get oily easily, so I can handle washing it 1-2x a week. If I haven't got the time to wash it, it still looks OK adding one day. Lately, I noticed it getting oily quickly. Last week, I washed it and it felt slightly oily after like 2 days already. I was like 'Damn, if I wash it now, it'll only get worse.'. So what did I do? Do the only thing a lockdown is good for. I kept my hair unwashed and in the end, it really felt as if I added oil to my hair - ewww... Either my hair is too healthy and 'forgot' what it's like to be on the dry side of things (I don't even use conditioner anymore these days.) or my shampoos just don't work for it anymore. Yesterday, it's been washing time again and as I didn't know what to do, I used the most basic shower gel I could find to wash my hair. Maybe it'll finally free me from greese ^^ .
        Sounds like the start of losing your hair to be honest.
        Just being alive it can really hurt
        These moments given are a gift from time

Kate Bush - Moments of Pleasure

Comment

• Does losing hair start with hair getting oily or what? Hair loss doesn't run in the family, so I hope that won't happen anytime soon. I have got one section on my head where the hair used to grow weaker, but it's getting better since I limited the mechanical damage and massage that section like every few days.

Comment

My hair was a mess during the last 2-3 weeks. It usually doesn't get oily easily, so I can handle washing it 1-2x a week. If I haven't got the time to wash it, it still looks OK adding one day. Lately, I noticed it getting oily quickly. Last week, I washed it and it felt slightly oily after like 2 days already. I was like 'Damn, if I wash it now, it'll only get worse.'. So what did I do? Do the only thing a lockdown is good for. I kept my hair unwashed and in the end, it really felt as if I added oil to my hair - ewww... Either my hair is too healthy and 'forgot' what it's like to be on the dry side of things (I don't even use conditioner anymore these days.) or my shampoos just don't work for it anymore. Yesterday, it's been washing time again and as I didn't know what to do, I used the most basic shower gel I could find to wash my hair. Maybe it'll finally free me from greese ^^ .
            Maybe a change to a different shampoo wil work? Plus changing pillowcases regurarly is important too!

Comment

• Good idea, Colbie. I haven't bought a new shampoo in over a year because I don't use much and still have got a few bottles around me. Thinking about it, most of my shampoos are for dry scalp/dandruffs and maybe my scalp's needs really have changed. Years ago, I used milder shampoos, but for a year or so, I just used the ones with SLS in them.
              And yeah, I thought about the pillow case thing as well before.

Comment

• Right after work, I went to the drug store and bought a new shampoo. I decided to go for a mild one with caffeine for thin hair. I could've chosen one for oily hair as well, but decided that that one may work as well. As of today, my hair is still fine, but some parts already feel like they could turn from soft to oily in a day or two. I'm going to work on Thursday and as I don't have to leave the house until then, I'm going to wash my hair on Wednesday evening with the new shampoo, hoping that my scalp will calm down again.
                Last edited by theMathematician; Wed March 10, 2021, 18:50.

Comment

Does losing hair start with hair getting oily or what? Hair loss doesn't run in the family, so I hope that won't happen anytime soon. I have got one section on my head where the hair used to grow weaker, but it's getting better since I limited the mechanical damage and massage that section like every few days.
                  Your hair gets greasy as your head runs dry, and the hair and skin just fall away together.
                  Just being alive it can really hurt
                  These moments given are a gift from time

Kate Bush - Moments of Pleasure

Comment

• Ewww... Hope this doesn't happen to me anytime soon.

Comment

• On Monday noon, my hair still felt fine, though it kind of felt like it could switch from soft to oily soon. My assumption turned out to be correct because in the evening, my hair's already been quite oily - I never experienced something like this before.
                      It only got worse on Tuesday and Wednesday. It kind of felt like a silicone build up or so (though I thought that my recent products did not contain any). Maybe it's really been the harsher tensides.
                      I just used my new caffeine shampoo and right after the washing, the hair feels perfectly fine. There have been like 20 hairs in the bathtub, but that's an amount far from worrisome. I hope that it will help to reduce my scalp's oil production. I'll write an update in a couple of days.

Comment

• So after I changed to a milder shampoo, my hair stopped getting greasy fast, but I had to deal with a itchy scalp. For the last washing, I picked an old shampoo bottle which I filled up with water to use the rest and ever since, my scalp feels fine and even a few days later, my hair still feels the good kind of dry - even after doing sports. That's great because that way, I can easily skip a washing day when I haven't got the time or don't feel well and still know that my hair looks fine.
                        I guess the secret is to switch between a milder and a harsher shampoo ever now and then to balance the scalp's needs somehow.

Another positive thing: The hair on my left temple started thinning out quickly, which bothered me for a while. So I massaged that area every few days and trimmed the thin ends for a while, and now that area's hair almost reaches to my eyebrows without getting thinner towards the ends . A few more months and I could rock an old Justin Bieber haircut style if I wanted to again .

Comment

• I will get blonded up this summer and probably get a slightly different cut.

Comment

• ^ Oh me too! Gonna make an appointment soon, i want to go light blonde, since my natural hair is darkblonde. And a bit shorter. I haven't cut my hair since last September

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                              ^ Oh me too! Gonna make an appointment soon, i want to go light blonde, since my natural hair is darkblonde. And a bit shorter. I haven't cut my hair since last September
                              High five

Curious how it will turn out.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushi View Post

Is dis, you?

Doesn't it look very neglected
                                Taper Fade Haircut, also called a Brooklyn cut, low cut, or blowout, has become a popular Low Taper Fade for both men and women. The name tapes refer to the shape of the hair takes; it is also short on the

Comment

• I have ordered a repair & care shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair as well as hair gummy bears to chew on for extra hair nutrition like folate and vitamins.

Comment

• I never heard of those hair gummy bears, but it sounds interesting.

Comment

I never heard of those hair gummy bears, but it sounds interesting.
                                      I am combining the hair treatment with the Victoria’s Secret Supermodel Diet. I am hoping for stellar results of course.

Comment

Working...
                                      X