No announcement yet.

Spotify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we see how many times we played a song on Spotify? If so, where? Thanks.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
      Can we see how many times we played a song on Spotify? If so, where? Thanks.
      Not within Spotify. You can sign up to last.fm and connect your Spotify account and it’ll track what you listen to.
      M08T10

Comment

• Spotify did do that end of year add on though which allowed you to track your most played songs on the app according to just last year’s plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
          Not within Spotify. You can sign up to last.fm and connect your Spotify account and it’ll track what you listen to.
          I don't know what last.fm is and it's banned here anyway
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• With some technical skills you can set up a "fake last.fm" to track spotify plays without actually using last.fm (at least on desktop).

Comment

• Spotify said Monday that it has reached 100 million paid subscribers. The big reveal headlines the streamery’s Q1 earnings release.

Source 1: http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316211
              BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Comment

• Had to delete the app from my notebook because it crashed all the time. I have no problem using the webplayer... does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix it? I am scared to re-install the app.
                My Chart

Comment

• Can anyone confirm whether this £99 annual offer is working for them? It gives you 12 months for the price of 10, similar to the Apple Music annual plan. I've tried to purchase it but it won't let me.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/gifts/brands/spotify-uk-99

Edit: Nevermind, it has expired. I'm not sure why Spotify have not matched Apple's pricing plan yet. I may have to switch.
                  Last edited by ludichris; Sat May 11th, 2019, 12:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    Had to delete the app from my notebook because it crashed all the time. I have no problem using the webplayer... does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix it? I am scared to re-install the app.
                    I have the same problem with the app on my smartphone. I have deleted it several times and re-installed it, but it keeps on crashing. Now I just look at the stats when I'm on my laptop.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• A power couple...

Barack and Michelle Obama Sign Spotify Deal to Produce Exclusive Podcasts

President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are the latest to jump into the podcast game, under a pact with Spotify to produce a series of podcasts exclusively for the streaming platform.

Under the multiyear deal between Spotify and Higher Ground Productions, the former first couple’s production company, Barack and Michelle Obama are set to develop, produce, and lend their voices to select podcasts on a wide range of topics. The agreement is with Higher Ground Audio, a new division of the Higher Ground production company, that is housing the Obamas’ move into podcasts.

The Obamas formed Higher Ground last year, saying their goal is to foster new, diverse voices in the entertainment biz. The couple has a multiyear deal with Netflix to produce original scripted, unscripted and documentary series and films and earlier this spring announced seven initial projects in development.

Spotify will distribute the Obamas’ podcasts worldwide to its paid and ad-supported user base. In the first quarter, Spotify said it had 100 million Premium subscribers and more than 217 million monthly active users overall.

“We’ve always believed in the value of entertaining, thought-provoking conversation,” President Obama said in a statement provided by Spotify. “It helps us build connections with each other and open ourselves up to new ideas. We’re excited about Higher Ground Audio because podcasts offer an extraordinary opportunity to foster productive dialogue, make people smile and make people think, and, hopefully, bring us all a little closer together.”

Michelle Obama said, “We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to amplify voices that are too often ignored or silenced altogether, and through Spotify, we can share those stories with the world. Our hope is that through compelling, inspirational storytelling, Higher Ground Audio will not only produce engaging podcasts, but help people connect emotionally and open up their minds — and their hearts.”

The companies didn’t provide details on specific projects the Obamas may be planning for Spotify at this point. According to Spotify, the programming will encompass “a diverse slate of original podcasts.”

For Spotify, the deal with Obamas extends its new push into podcasting, to diversify its audio-entertainment mix beyond music. Spotify also sees better economics and user engagement through a roster of exclusive podcast content, compared with ubiquitously licensed songs from music companies.

“President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are two of the world’s most important voices and it is a privilege to be working with them to identify and share stories that will inspire our global audience, which looks to Spotify for unique, breakthrough content,” said Spotify chief content officer Dawn Ostroff, who joined the company a year ago from Condé Nast.

In 2019, Spotify said, it expects to invest $400 million-$500 million in podcasting. That includes the acquisition of two podcasting companies — producer Gimlet Media and services provider Anchor FM Inc. — for around $337 million. Then in March, Spotify acquired Parcast, an L.A.-based scripted-entertainment podcast studio.

Comment

• Why do so many people prefer Spotify? I had it for a few days and I thought it was pretty chaotic.

Apple Music for the win.
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I thought the opposite, Apple Music combined itself with my iTunes and made everything look like vomit. I cancelled immediately and went straight back to Spotify.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                            Why do so many people prefer Spotify? I had it for a few days and I thought it was pretty chaotic.

Apple Music for the win.
                            I can't compare. But I am very happy with Spotify. Not a fan of Apple anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                              Why do so many people prefer Spotify? I had it for a few days and I thought it was pretty chaotic.

Apple Music for the win.
                              I can't compare. But I am very happy with Spotify. Not a fan of Apple anyway.

Comment

• SPOTIFY HITS 108M PAID SUBSCRIBERS

Spotify reached 108m subscribers and 232m monthly active users in the second quarter of 2019, while the business side outperformed the company’s expectations.”

Source: http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317388
                                BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Comment

• Anyone else's main page now look a mess on iOS? The recently played and heavy rotation section is really small, while other sections such as new releases for you or recommended for today are bigger than usual to the point of being obnoxious. The homepage now looks ugly as hell and is a pain to use.
                                  late.

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                                    Anyone else's main page now look a mess on iOS? The recently played and heavy rotation section is really small, while other sections such as new releases for you or recommended for today are bigger than usual to the point of being obnoxious. The homepage now looks ugly as hell and is a pain to use.
                                    Not only on iOS, I got new home page on both desktop and android and it's total mess.
                                    When we lose what we love
                                    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• double post
                                      Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                      Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Some journalists in Turkey did an investigation and found out how payola works on Spotify
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• What?
                                          Payola on Spotify?
                                          Impossible!
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I'm loving the two new personalised playlists. On Repeat is basically your most played songs from the last month or so, while Repeat Rewind is songs you've been playing (in the past few months by the looks of things) that you might've forgotten about.

wall to wall bops tbh (apart from Spirit and those Lion King interludes sneaking their way in).

Spoiler!
                                            late.

Comment

• It’s a good feature indeed but I realised I was already doing this with my own A/B/C list playlists

Comment

• I like this feature too. But I don't like how they now show the discography. It looks a mess when you go to an artist's page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                  It’s a good feature indeed but I realised I was already doing this with my own A/B/C list playlists
                                                  Saaaaame!
                                                  2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• My Daily Mixes have all disappeared, and it seems like this has happened to a lot of people if Twitter is anything to go by.

Judging by Spotify’s responses this shouldn’t be happening, so hopefully they haven’t taken them away since they’re the core of what makes Spotify so good as opposed to their competitors.
                                                    late.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X