Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Clubs are risky places, agreed, but I'd still prefer them opened with measures (limit of people allowed in, masks in highly frequented places, lists to write your name on) than closed for economic reasons. It works in restaurants, swimming pools, gyms anf even schools as well .
    No one will care about masks or distance with so many alcohol being consumed. Clubs are the last places to be open during a pandemic.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I see where you are coming from, but we don't know how long this pandemic will go and if i'ts going beyond the end of the year (which is not unlikely), what's with the people working in clubs? As you can see, the guests are not the main issue to me, but the people who work there and have families to feed.
      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
      and everything you stand for?
      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• SholasBoy

Yup, the spanish police take no shit from anyone. I was in Gran Canaria once and wanted to do a training session on the track and it was closed, so as one would do in the UK I just hopped the fence. Ten mins later there were five policemen there, I literally though I was going to get locked away for six months!

Comment

Clubs are risky places, agreed, but I'd still prefer them opened with measures (limit of people allowed in, masks in highly frequented places, lists to write your name on) than closed for economic reasons. It works in restaurants, swimming pools, gyms anf even schools as well .
          You cannot have a nightclub open during a pandemic with a highly infectious disease in the world. Comparing a nightclub to a swimming pool is just silly, and I am being polite with my word usage.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
            I wish they were doing the same in Spain, I know of a business here that finally reopened after nearly 6 months and it was forced to close on its second night as Spain decided to close all bars that aren’t serving food.
            So are most of the entire non restaurant Yumbo bars on the ground floor closed then ?

I just heard that in Las Palmas any running or jogging has been banned on the beach promeande between 8am and 10pm
            Last edited by InFamous; Mon August 24, 2020, 23:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

So are most of the entire non restaurant Yumbo bars on the ground floor closed then ?

I just heard that in Las Palmas any running or jogging has been banned on the beach promeande between 8am and 10pm
              Basically the only non-restaurants open are Parrots and Sky Bar, because both claim to also sell food even though nobody is eating at either of these places, they are just both packed with drinkers who now have no other bars to go to. So now about 40 bars at that one Center that were open up until Thursday are all closed and all their customers are squeezed into the two remaining bars
              1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

Basically the only non-restaurants open are Parrots and Sky Bar, because both claim to also sell food even though nobody is eating at either of these places, they are just both packed with drinkers who now have no other bars to go to. So now about 40 bars at that one Center that were open up until Thursday are all closed and all their customers are squeezed into the two remaining bars
                Watch them be shut down randomly some night, their licence revoked and fined like 20k or something !! I am trying to imagine the rest of the entire place shut, it must be crazy !

Comment

Watch them be shut down randomly some night, their licence revoked and fined like 20k or something !! I am trying to imagine the rest of the entire place shut, it must be crazy !
                  It is really strange but also seems pretty unfair as just a stones throw away at the beach everything is open as normal and it’s really busy.

Comment

It is really strange but also seems pretty unfair as just a stones throw away at the beach everything is open as normal and it’s really busy.
                    Well that's completely illogical then. What is the point in closing one area and having another one open.

I wonder are the bars in the Kasbah and the Metro areas closed too.

Comment

• Kasbah, Metero, Tropical, Cita all open, we’ve heard talk around the rumour of prejudice towards the gay centre for a while which is strange considering the money the place must make from the pink pound. I feel this topic digressed

Comment

• Last 24 hours: new cases

Spain - 3594
                        Italy - 1367
                        UK - 1048
                        Ger - 1428
                        France - 5429

France is heading for another lockdown I feel. At least regionsl.. Those numbers !!

Comment

France - 5429

France is heading for another lockdown I feel. At least regionsl.. Those numbers !!
                          +6111 new cases today.
                          But testing have been spreading too.

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

+6111 new cases today.
                            But testing have been spreading too.
                            I have some friends in Paris and life seems completely normal. Are these cases spread all over or France or in any specific areas ?
                            I have bus tickets from Beauvais to Paris that I am not going to get to use this year !!
                            At Christmas I didn't make it to Paris cos of the strikes.

Comment

I have some friends in Paris and life seems completely normal. Are these cases spread all over or France or in any specific areas ?
                              I have bus tickets from Beauvais to Paris that I am not going to get to use this year !!
                              At Christmas I didn't make it to Paris cos of the strikes.
                              There are some areas that clearly have more cases.

I live in a white area so that should be ok. But school year starts next Tuesday and I hope everything will be fine. I do not have the energy to deal with this.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• These anti-mask idiots are something else.

20k people reunited in Berlin to protest against masks.

Comment

• Finally some people are waking up from this plandemic.
                                  And some idiots have not left their house since March...

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                    Finally some people are waking up from this plandemic.
                                    And some idiots have not left their house since March...
                                    then they really are idiots. Life is back to normal in Germany. I'm not sure what these protesters in Berlin are protesting against? Wearing a mask... in a supermarket for 10 minutes? lol.

In my state children with flu-like /Covid-19 symptoms can even go to school... without testing etc. lol.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• There are still a few measures going on, which mostly consists of the mask, but also the duty to leave your data at restaurants, the duty to carry a shopping cart when doing the shopping, limited amount of people allowed in in small shops, banning of bigger public events, college shutdown and keeping distance to other people in public places.
                                      There are indeed quite a few people who have heavily reduced their time outside of the house since March. I didn't believe my eyes when I saw two regular customers for the first time since Corona today.
                                      Last edited by theMathematician; Sun August 30, 2020, 00:49.
                                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                      and everything you stand for?
                                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

There are still a few measures going on, which mostly consists of the mask, but also the duty to leave your data at restaurants, the duty to carry a shopping cart when doing the shopping, limited amount of people allowed in in small shops, banning of bigger public events, college shutdown and keeping distant to other people in public places.
                                        There are indeed quite a few people who have heavily reduced their time outside of the house since March. I didn't believe my eyes when I saw two regular customers for the first time since Corona today.
                                        most of these measures are not applied in my state where corona doesn't exist. People are so dumb... they gladly post their IBAN numbers on facebook but have a problem with writing in their names on a form when they go to a public restaurant... lol. I hope natural selection gets to them.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

most of these measures are not applied in my state where corona doesn't exist. People are so dumb... they gladly post their IBAN numbers on facebook but have a problem with writing in their names on a form when they go to a public restaurant... lol. I hope natural selection gets to them.
                                          LOL I laughed at this because it's true. People give their personal data away all the time for everything, but if it's for public health reasons then it's too much
                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Is life back to normal?
                                            I haven't seen some of my colleagues from work since March when the advisory to work from home started being enforced.
                                            Travel bans to/from selected countries, no business trips are allowed in most companies, we can't meet the customers, all the meetings are online, in many companies you are not allowed to even see the colleagues from a different shift, that's how the rotation has been reprogrammed. Masks are mandatory in public transport and in many countries also in shops, banks, offices and... restaurants! It's a paranoia. Many countries have compulsory quarantine upon arrival. No big gatherings are allowed, you can get a fine for sitting in a park with a bigger group of friends if they're from multiple households. Limited capacity in pubs, bars, restaurants, all with pre-booking meaning that often everything is fully booked etc. Is that what you call normality?

Comment

• ^ It may not be normal, but at least we still have way more privileges than most people.
                                              Also, it does have some advantages. You don't have to see a lot of people. Like at schools, parents are not allowed to enter the school. Should be a rule permanently.

On a more serious note: today would be our "cousins day". Couldn't go through with it as only six people are allowed to join. Shame as my brother is moving to Amman in Jordan so it will be hard to get everyone together in the (near) future.
                                              Last edited by RayRay; Sun August 30, 2020, 14:50.
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I'm an introvert... so for me personally... life is back to normal.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                  Like at schools, parents are not allowed to enter the school. Should be a rule permanently.
                                                  A BLESSING.

Comment

• Originally posted by tororo1861
                                                    The outbreak made a huge shift of plans for me and my family so I'm rather dissatisfied.
                                                    I too am rather dissatisfied with Coronavirus.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X