Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

IN my country yes. I'm not German. I'm from Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg aka KIngdom of Denmark in present day.

Remember, we seceded and are an independent dukedom now. Hail to Prince Christoph of Schleswig-Holstein and Prince Friedrich Ferdinand. <3
    So do you speak Danish?
    jio CHARTS NOW: 19/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10484283

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
      They have closed gyms in Poland again. but churches are still opened.

I am not agains any religion but where's the logic here? Most eldest people left homes to go to church instead of going to the gym. Stupid idea.

Today we had more than 8K positive results, almost 100 people died, we are heading 2nd full lockdown I think.
      Same here... the religious people go to churches and keep kissing the damn icons... we even have priests coming on TV saying that one cannot get any infection inside the church because the holy spirit protects them (but of course the holy spirit doesn't care what happens one cm outside the church' door) and older people just believe this stupidity. I was really thinking we were a bit more advanced society than that.
      jio CHARTS NOW: 19/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10484283

Comment

• We won't have lockdowns in the future. We don't even know the "real" numbers so i guess their strategy is whoever dies dies and whoever survives will contribute to herd immunity.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• We go in the same direction as France and The Netherlands. All bars and resto will close for a month, national curfew, only 1 contact, etc. At this point I'm like meh, I kind of already adapted my lifestyle until it is completely over I guess.
          Eudaimonia
          Last.fm
          Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
            We go in the same direction as France and The Netherlands. All bars and resto will close for a month, national curfew, only 1 contact, etc. At this point I'm like meh, I kind of already adapted my lifestyle until it is completely over I guess.
            Easy to say when your university pays you. What about the people working at bars and restaurants though? Belgium seems to keep out of mind that those people already don't earn big amounts of cash and depend on those jobs.

spiritboy : The only way to go to save the economy, I guess. We've had all types of viral diseases in the past few years and decades. People need to learn to live with them somehow instead of making a drama out of it because the drama itself can have harsher effects than the disease itself (on a global scale, of course).
            Last edited by theMathematician; Sat October 17, 2020, 11:19.
            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
            and everything you stand for?
            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• theMathematician I was also talking about my individual psychological state of mind perspective, I'm well aware about the struggles of others and aware of my own privilege. You should know by now that I have these things always in my eyesight, but I am allowed to speak about my individual well-being, and how I cope myself with the lockdown, even though the consequences on my financial situation are nonexistent.

And I'm sure the state is well-aware (since they will also foresee compensation, although probably not enough at all). The numbers are exploding over here (over 10.000 cases on tuesday for example), and they had to do something. Obviously pressured by measures in neighbouring countries. There is also some tension between the federal state and the regions. Personally, being well aware of he impact, I would have closed the schools at least partially, but the Flemish government refuses to do so (also understandable), so the federal government decided upon some measures albeit limited to their competence. Doing something with bars and something like curfew is one of the few things they can actually do. They have no political power over public transport, work, the cultural sector and education. The issue is that for some reason they cannot trace where the most contaminations happen, they say 'only' over 2000 cases were reported in schools the last month which is for them a criterium to say that it is not necessary to close schools, but then I wonder... these kids contaminate their parents and friends, they might contaminate people at work, and so on... So i'm not sure that criterium really makes sense, and if that number is really that 'innocent' as they pretend it to be. But ok there is not scientific evidence, and due to political tensions the bars and restaurants are the first ones to close (just like during the first wave). It is a difficult situation, as the Flemish regional government is quite right, and the government in Brussels and Wallonia is quite left. After more than a year after the elections they finally succeeded in forming a federal government, which is super difficult due to the different voting tendencies in the regions. Our federal government is quite left and has a minor underrepresentation of the Flemish region, which is also the most affluent and populated region of Belgium. Which of course right parties politicze and mobilize, which resulted in the right-wing and Flemish separist parties to gain ground, once again. The extreme right and the Flemish separist are already projected to have over 50 percent of the votes in the next election, and if they would form a Flemish government I would move away. They are disgusting. So you can imagine the political tensions that exist among politicians but mostly among the people. Centre and left parties in Belgium are doing everything to build a dam against the international and national populist wave. Going back to Corona, our ministre of education is from the Flemish separist party (although they dropped that political agenda slightly for now), but he is quite firm about not closing the schools. The federal government cannot do anything, and add to that they can't really put oil on the fire. They want to avoid these conflicts, cause these right parties twist every story magically in their favour. So again, feels like I'm repeating myself, but it is more complex. And your drag doesn't phase me, you saw an opening and went for it. Try better next time.
              Last edited by Michiel; Sat October 17, 2020, 11:39.
              Eudaimonia
              Last.fm
              Instagram

Comment

• I understand the political tensions on one hand. On the other hand, the politics who seem to have no problem closing bars and restaurants don't think about how those people are supposed to earn money when closed. My family own a restaurant and their business made less than half of the money they'd usually do in the months of the lockdown. And they really did heavy advertisement, free gifts and stuff like that to keep the guests they had, while others had even worse results during that time. There was a compensation, but most businesses believe that it's not been enough to make up for the loss they had - and artists and people working in a freelancer way didn't get anything at all. You simply can't forbid people to do their jobs as that's undemocratic.
                Regarding schools: Most sources say that they are not problematic and if you're not blind on the eyes, you see that most of the infections happen during private celebrations and the people who had their summer vacation bringing Corona back home. Why should other businesses suffer from that? That's antisocial and highly immoral from the politicals!
                Last edited by theMathematician; Sat October 17, 2020, 16:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  So no one basically wants a lockdown, including all federal states' ministers, and Merkel is threatening with it in case the numbers keep increasing. That woman really lives in another world, it seems :( .
                  Still, the people who are most against a lockdown gather around to demonstrate or go to parties to show they are above the law and keep spreading the virus...
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• So now migrants are to blame for Corona virus? Seriously dude you need to stop.

Comment

I
                      Regarding schools: Most sources say that they are not problematic and if you're not blind on the eyes, you see that most of the infections happen during private celebrations and the people who had their summer vacation bringing Corona back home (especially migrants returning from their home countries). Why should other businesses suffer from that? That's antisocial and highly immoral from the politicals!
                      If you're not blind on the eyes? What kind of language is this? This is actually false, there have been several outbreaks in schools and universities in different countries. Migrants returning from their home countries? How about tourism? Where are the numbers to back up your statements?
                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        So now migrants are to blame for Corona virus? Seriously dude you need to stop.
                        Obviously not exclusively. The past few hotspots in Germany have, though, mostly been where many migrants have been - I didn't make that up as that's an unfortunate fact. This includes Turkish marriages that, traditionally have got multiple hundred guests, meat production centers, where many migrants work and live, and asylum houses, where many people live on a small area. However, I'm not hiding that native people have been involved as well. Clubs were allowed to open with a hygiene concept and some didn't stick with that (limited amount of guests, signing with name + adress). Not to forget holiday trip returners. Schools have not been hot spots. What I've heard of, but it's not official, is that many smaller Turkish restaurants and shisha bars wouldn't stick with the hygiene rules, but I've never been there, so I can't say whether that's true or not.
                        One of the earliest hot spots in Germany was a local festival in a region in NRW, where mostly Germans have been to. That took place before the introduction of hygiene rules though.
                        So you see: I have no reason to blame it entirely on migrants, and in some cases, it's not the migrants but the circumstances they live in (e.g. the asylum houses and the meat production centers). The situation may be different in your country, but in Germany, most hotspots have turned out to be places where adult people have been very close to each other and didn't stick with the hygiene rules. Restaurants and bars that have a limit of people allowed in and follow the official hygiene rules turned out to be harmless.

DnBLover : The sources I've found say 'people returning from their holiday trips', they don't mention migrants explicitely. So yeah, obviously native people had their trips as well. So I'm going to edit that part to avoid ambiguities.
                        Last edited by theMathematician; Sat October 17, 2020, 16:57.

Comment

• The problem is that this virus spreads with everything that makes us human...

Comment

• I think it's not going to make much of a difference, whether restaurants and bars are forced to close or allowed to stay open. They're f*cked either way. Like who's going to be so irresponsible and still want to eat at restaurants once we hit 20k+ cases like France. No one would come. Just look at all those empty football stadiums on tv. Fans are actually allowed back in the stadiums in most cities, but even the few tickets they're allowed to sell don't sell out. For most people, that kind of stuff just isn't a priority at the moment. The best option for restaurants right now is to focus on offering great takeaway.

Comment

• Switzerland went from good numbers to terrible numbers within two weeks. Also first time someone I know well has been tested positive. It‘s a mess, and the bad weather makes it even worse.

Comment

• People still don't understand how serious this is. A primary school in the next village was closed for ten days as one of the student teachers spread it to one of the children. Hope it stays away from my school.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Rihab : Many sources say that there's going to be a vaccination in early 2021. Let's pretend that wasn't case: Should all people live in panic for the next couple of years? Should hundreds of thousands of people lose their jobs? My family has got a credit to pay and if they can't do so anymore, they may lose their business and their house. For some people, you're right, those things may not be a priority, but that's because they fear that they could get ill. Understandable but irrational considering that life is full of risks and we just can't completely shut them out of our lives. Last year, I had an adenopharyngitis, half a year ago a car accident. That sucked obviously, but things happen and we should accept them as part of life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                    I think it's not going to make much of a difference, whether restaurants and bars are forced to close or allowed to stay open. They're f*cked either way. Like who's going to be so irresponsible and still want to eat at restaurants once we hit 20k+ cases like France. No one would come. Just look at all those empty football stadiums on tv. Fans are actually allowed back in the stadiums in most cities, but even the few tickets they're allowed to sell don't sell out. For most people, that kind of stuff just isn't a priority at the moment. The best option for restaurants right now is to focus on offering great takeaway.
                                    Tea. My uncle who has a restaurant has been complaining about the same thing. Even with social distancing he has enough tables where people could sit but people just don't want to show up & eat at restaurants atm. Takeaway is booming though.
                                    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

Rihab : Many sources say that there's going to be a vaccination in early 2021. Let's pretend that wasn't case: Should all people live in panic for the next couple of years? Should hundreds of thousands of people lose their jobs? My family has got a credit to pay and if they can't do so anymore, they may lose their business and their house. For some people, you're right, those things may not be a priority, but that's because they fear that they could get ill. Understandable but irrational considering that life is full of risks and we just can't completely shut them out of our lives. Last year, I had an adenopharyngitis, half a year ago a car accident. That sucked obviously, but things happen and we should accept them as part of life.
                                      I think in a few decades' time we will learn the complete truth about this. The virus and the danger is real but the response to this is to this day totally incomprehensible to me, so for sure we do not know everything about the decision-making process that lead to lockdowns, panic and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                        The problem is that this virus spreads with everything that makes us human...
                                        Iconique quote sis
                                        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

If you're not blind on the eyes? What kind of language is this? This is actually false, there have been several outbreaks in schools and universities in different countries. Migrants returning from their home countries? How about tourism? Where are the numbers to back up your statements?
                                          The emphasis on "especially migrants" was totally uncalled for IMO.

Comment

Rihab : Many sources say that there's going to be a vaccination in early 2021. Let's pretend that wasn't case: Should all people live in panic for the next couple of years? Should hundreds of thousands of people lose their jobs? My family has got a credit to pay and if they can't do so anymore, they may lose their business and their house. For some people, you're right, those things may not be a priority, but that's because they fear that they could get ill. Understandable but irrational considering that life is full of risks and we just can't completely shut them out of our lives. Last year, I had an adenopharyngitis, half a year ago a car accident. That sucked obviously, but things happen and we should accept them as part of life.
                                            Did you really just compare a tonsil inflammation to coronavirus ? SERIOUSLY.

Comment

• InFamous : My fellow worker told me that there's been a Turkish wedding with hundreds of guests in the neighbouring town just yesterday. In any other condition, this wouldn't bother me in the slightest. When there's the risk that our business could receive measurements in some way, it might do a bit.

jio : Recently, the German health minister said publicly that he considers the lockdown in March to May unnecessary and could've been prevented with masks and distance from the start. He received quite a shitstorm for that because: On one hand, good to know that he thinks so, on the other hand, what about all the people who couldn't work during that period and feared to lose their job or even their house if it depends on a credit? There's definitely a lot of panic involved: Some panic the virus, others losing everything they worked years or decades for.
                                              Last edited by theMathematician; Sat October 17, 2020, 23:56.

Comment

InFamous : My fellow worker told me that there's been a Turkish wedding with hundreds of guests in the neighbouring town just yesterday. In any other condition, this wouldn't bother me in the slightest. When there's the risk that our business could receive measurements in some way, it might do a bit.

jio : Recently, the German health minister said publicly that he considers the lockdown in March to May unnecessary and could've been prevented with masks and distance from the start. He received quite a shitstorm for that because: On one hand, good to know that he thinks so, on the other hand, what about all the people who couldn't work during that period and feared to lose their job or even their house if it depends on a credit? There's definitely a lot of panic involved: Some panic the virus, others losing everything they worked years or decades for.
                                                Well is there any restrictions currently on weddings in Germany ? If there are, it's a matter for the law to decide if they were broken and act accordingly. Stop acting as if Germans are doing everything perfectly. aRat told me bars and restaurants were full in Germany at weekends for months during the summer which definitely also increased numbers I am sure. Plus Mallorca had to be shut down after German tourists ignored social distancing and safety rules while on holiday there.

Comment

• I cannot wait for the next lockdown. I cannot come soon enough. <3
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                    I cannot wait for the next lockdown. I cannot come soon enough. <3
                                                    What about your activities ? Or do they cease for the autumn/winter ?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X