Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

I don't curr about those. I just want the "normal" ghey clubs to open so I can go drink and dance while nothing but popstitute excellence blasts in the background through the night.

Don't worry you can listen to "Smile" in the comfort of your own home. I can just see you getting your life to "Tucked"

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      @spiritboy: That sounds like an unknown person automatically is 'put[itting] other people's lives in danger', which is not the case. It would be the case if people knew that they are ill and still get into close contact with others. The human race has always put freedom and social contacts first, which means that you have to live with the risk of getting ill. In fact, in my culture, we say that it's important for children to get used to bacteria early on to build up an immune system because the children who grow up in 'clean and safe' environments tend to get ill and develop allergies easily.
      Any business is allowed to refuse your custom as long as it doesn’t infringe on your protected identities, such as your sexuality, or break the law (such as serving alcohol to minors).

If a company decides they want their customers to prove they have had the vaccine, there is nothing discriminatory at play as this helps them keep their staff safe. In terms of travel, it almost certainly means a passenger will not be refused entry into another country upon arrival.

Your passport gives you freedom of movement but no rights as to how you cross a border.
      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Not an antivaxxer, but I neither trust these new mRNA vaccines nor the pharmaceutical companies behind them.

I also don't know or care what a Quantas is, but compulsory vaccination ain't happening for various reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
          Not an antivaxxer, but I neither trust these new mRNA vaccines nor the pharmaceutical companies behind them.

I also don't know or care what a Quantas is, but compulsory vaccination ain't happening for various reasons.
          You don't trust the vaccines but you were calling for all the elderly and vulnerable to be vaccinated ASAP so you can get on with your life. Ok.

Comment

• Compulsory vaccination IS already common practice.
            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
              Compulsory vaccination IS already common practice.
              Not for flu like viruses and this falls into that same category IMO.

Flu shots are not mandatory and only people who are at higher risk of developing critical or life threatening symptoms from flu viruses take those shots. The same should be done for Corona vaccines IMO.
              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

Comment

• I am sure I won't be able to travel without the vaccine and that would certainly be the primary reason tempting me to get an early shot but the plan right now is to wait another 6 months and then I can have vaccine and travel, no biggie...
                jio CHARTS NOW: 30/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10571206

Comment

Flu shots are not mandatory and only people who are at higher risk of developing critical or life threatening symptoms from flu viruses take those shots. The same should be done for Corona vaccines IMO.
                  Agreed.

Comment

It doesn't fall into that same category lol, how can you still think this ? Gurl we are almost a year into this thing and you are still calling it flu.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It doesn't fall into that same category lol, how can you still think this ? Gurl we are almost a year into this thing and you are still calling it flu.
                      I never called it the flu. I always said flu like. And that's just what it is despite being slightly more potent than the flu
                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        You don't trust the vaccines but you were calling for all the elderly and vulnerable to be vaccinated ASAP so you can get on with your life. Ok.
                        I don't trust them because the potential long-term effects of injecting people with mRNA are completely unknown. It's never been done before, so there's simply no way to tell. If all the 80 year-olds who get vaccinated today get sick 20 years from now, it doesn't really matter. If all the 25 year-olds do, we have a problem.

Comment

• Do you even know what mRNA is though?

Comment

Do you even know what mRNA is though?
                            I went through high school, so yeah.

Comment

• Love how Boris is now using Easter as the benchmark for "normal life" when back in the summer it was Christmas and now it's here we're in one of the worst positions we've been in so far...

2022 maybe?

Comment

• Boris is the man who claimed that the UK " could take it on the chin" when this was all kicking off so I think it's safe to assume that he has no clue what he is talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

I went through high school, so yeah.
                                  Then why are you acting as if a protein sequence is some sort of chemical? And why is it OK for older people to take the vaccine but not you?

​​​​​https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ines/mrna.html

​​​​​​

Comment

• Basically you prefer to get the viral RNA by getting infected with the actual virus than through a vaccine using basic biological molecules. Makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                      Love how Boris is now using Easter as the benchmark for "normal life" when back in the summer it was Christmas and now it's here we're in one of the worst positions we've been in so far...

2022 maybe?
                                      Oh god - it can’t be 2022 before we get back to normal?

The U.K. is going to have simultaneously deal with Brexit, the Covid recovery and a (ever more likely) Scottish independence referendum in the next 1-2 years.

It’s all very depressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Oh god - it can’t be 2022 before we get back to normal?

The U.K. is going to have simultaneously deal with Brexit, the Covid recovery and a (ever more likely) Scottish independence referendum in the next 1-2 years.

It’s all very depressing.
                                        I don’t think there will another Scottish independence referendum but if there is, it’ll be in the year between The Queen dying and Charles’ coronation - there would never be a better time from a pragmatic point of view and I suspect a few others nations will look for independence then too.

Either way, by 2030 Britain will have changed dramatically - no longer part of the EU, the consequences of COVID and a change of monarch.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

It isn't just another disease that is ‘barely another seasonal flu’. That is fake news.

It is also fake news to say 0.6% of all Covid cases were serious conditions when the worldwide death rate is 2.33% of confirmed cases.

In context, 1.45 million people have died around the world from Covid - from an illness that did exist 12 months ago. But of course, by all means pretend it isn’t serious.

Plus might I remind you a strain of flu once killed an estimated 100 million people and was one of the deadliest pandemics man kind has ever faced. Don’t underestimate something that killed more people Hitler.
                                          It seems like you have monopoly on what's real and what's fake. It's your choice to believe that all these poeple died BECAUSE OF Covid but even if they did, look how many people die of other diseases. Smoking killed three times as many people this year and yet nobody's talking about it or banning it.

Comment

• Why do you think they don't ban smoking? There's a big industry behind it and the state can generate lots of tax income through them ;) .

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                              It seems like you have monopoly on what's real and what's fake. It's your choice to believe that all these poeple died BECAUSE OF Covid but even if they did, look how many people die of other diseases. Smoking killed three times as many people this year and yet nobody's talking about it or banning it.
                                              Do you believe the earth is round? Or do you believe the scientists when they tell you it is? I suppose you think the moon landing was fake too?

Smoking is a personal choice in your control. Catching COVID is out of my control.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Then why are you acting as if a protein sequence is some sort of chemical? And why is it OK for older people to take the vaccine but not you?

​​​​​https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ines/mrna.html

​​​​​​
                                                Because I don't want to. My body, my choice. I really don't understand why you guys are having such a hard time accepting that. You know I like you and respect your opinions DnBLover and InFamous, but I'm starting to feel low-key harassed here.

I'm not saying that I'm definitely never taking the vaccine. But as of November 2020, I'm just not 100% convinced that this thing that's never been done before is safe. Maybe I'll change my mind in 6 months, maybe I'll change it in 6 years. Maybe I'll opt for a non-mRNA vaccine instead, maybe I won't. But if I do, it'll be because I decided that it's safe enough for me, not because that's what the most corrupt American government in history said. Not because an irrelevant Australian airline refused to take my coin. And certainly not because two guys on an online forum tried to portray me as an anti-science crazy person. I'm not the crazy person here, I'm the cautious person. Y'all are free to do to your bodies whatever you want tho (as are old people btw), I'm not judging. Peace. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  Why do you think they don't ban smoking? There's a big industry behind it and the state can generate lots of tax income through them ;) .
                                                  The Oxford Vaccine is being sold at cost. They are not making a profit from it. At least in the UK, I guess it will be tax exempt as the only people buying the vaccine here is the government.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                    Do you believe the earth is round? Or do you believe the scientists when they tell you it is? I suppose you think the moon landing was fake too?

Smoking is a personal choice in your control. Catching COVID is out of my control.
                                                    Are you for real? All scientists never speak the same voice.
                                                    Inhaling smoke from other people's cigarettes is not always a choice.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X