No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the 'flu-like illness' term: Isn't this like scientific term? The term actually exists and I found Covid-19 mentioned in this context.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      Regarding the 'flu-like illness' term: Isn't this like scientific term? The term actually exists and I found Covid-19 mentioned in this context.
      Flu-like symptoms, not illness.
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• OK, I looked it up again and it's 'influenza-like illness' but 'flu-like symptoms', so you're right, DnBLover .

Comment

• How Iceland hammered COVID with science
          Very interesting read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
            I read earlier that a recent survey showed as little as 50% of NHS workers would want the vaccine at the moment - the main concern being potential side effects that seem as yet unknown.
            Truly horrible human beings who don't care about saving lives! Don't let them leave the house!!!1!

Comment

• Congrats to Iceland scoring the lowest Coronavirus score in Europe for the first time
              jio CHARTS NOW: 30/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10571206

Comment

• I am quite surprised that people are willing to gamble with their long term health, especially as research and evidence is showing clearly that the long term effects of Coronavirus on those who didn't suffer with it particularly badly when they were infected, are very significant and debilitating.

This does not surprise me at all actually as in 2016 I contracted flu/ chest infection for the first time ever. I was so horribly sick, I was off work for almost a month and some nights I was couughing so much and struggling to breathe that I felt I was not gonna wake up. However, the worst of all was the fact that I felt like utter crap for six months after. I got sick iat the end of January and it wasnt until August/ September that I actually felt back to normal again.

The side effects I am reading about with Corona all point to it being worse than that, which I absolutely do not want to experience again.

Comment

• Top 10 lowest scoring countries in Europe (no micro-states):
                  1.Iceland
                  2.Finland
                  3.Ireland
                  4.Norway
                  5.Denmark
                  6.Latvia
                  7.Greece
                  8.Estonia
                  9.Germany
                  10.Malta

worst performers:
                  1.Luxembourg
                  2.Croatia
                  3.Slovenia
                  4.Austria
                  5.Lithuania
                  jio CHARTS NOW: 30/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10571206

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                    Inhaling smoke from other people's cigarettes is not always a choice.
                    True. But that's why it's forbidden almost everywhere to smoke or you have to smoke in certain area's only.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• For the vaccine skeptics

Comment

• I hope Biden will work with him when be becomes the President.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I can walk away to avoid passive smoking. I can’t walk away from Covid, as it lives invisibility on surfaces for days after the host has moved on. Cardboard, for example.

I think you’ll find all scientists do speak with one voice on issues like whether the earth is flat or round.
                          All viruses live invisibly and nobody wants to get them but guess what, you can't escape them. You can of course spend months or even years wearing masks, desinfecting hands every 5 minutes, become antisocial, move your whole life into your flat, only order online and when rarely going out spray everything you touch just in case. You can also be the first guinea pig to test all possible vaccines. Let's see who'll be healthier in a long term - you or the one who lives his life like nothing happened with a lot of fresh air, social contacts and no fear or stress related to an invisible enemy.

Since you like talking about the shape of the Earth so much, do all scientists also agree on Pluto? Before 2006 it was the nineth planet, now it officially isn't anymore but yeah, you're free to believe the "mainstream science" about coronavirus and feel unique, brave and so responsible for saving other people's lives while wasting yours on hiding from the inevitable.

Comment

• Poland have now had over 17500 deaths with 449 people losing their lives today. Unfortunately those people wont be able to live " with a lot of fresh air " tomorrow.

Comment

• 100% agreed, maroon .

Comment

100% agreed, maroon .
                                Your government doesn't though

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Your government doesn't though
                                    Merkel doing Merkel things. Same things as usual around here .

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                      Wow, that’s incredible.

The U.K. leading the way - I can’t believe the vaccine will be being issued next week.

Comment

• So even with the vaccines, we might live like this at least 2 years to see if they work or not.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Wow, that’s incredible.

The U.K. leading the way - I can’t believe the vaccine will be being issued next week.
                                          It’s about sodding time but finally here. Hoping the over 80s get dose 1 before Christmas so they can see their families in a much safer position.
                                          Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I’m gonna have to get registered with a local GP or I’ll be the only one still locked in
                                            1 Pale Waves |2 Fred Falke|3 Louie Vega|4 Riton |5 Rag N Bone Man

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                              All viruses live invisibly and nobody wants to get them but guess what, you can't escape them. You can of course spend months or even years wearing masks, desinfecting hands every 5 minutes, become antisocial, move your whole life into your flat, only order online and when rarely going out spray everything you touch just in case. You can also be the first guinea pig to test all possible vaccines. Let's see who'll be healthier in a long term - you or the one who lives his life like nothing happened with a lot of fresh air, social contacts and no fear or stress related to an invisible enemy.

Since you like talking about the shape of the Earth so much, do all scientists also agree on Pluto? Before 2006 it was the nineth planet, now it officially isn't anymore but yeah, you're free to believe the "mainstream science" about coronavirus and feel unique, brave and so responsible for saving other people's lives while wasting yours on hiding from the inevitable.
                                              Can’t escape them? Hands up if you’ve managed to avoid COVID-19 so far!

All scientists accept Pluto as a dwarf planet - there are larger dwarf planets in our solar system than Pluto and that is universally accepted. But nice try.

Now I’m going to tell you something important worth remembering - wake up because all we have is science to save us. If we cannot trust the best minds in the world when they say they have found a way to save lives then truly humanity is lost - in times of trouble we come together, not pull further apart.
                                              Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

OK, I looked it up again and it's 'influenza-like illness' but 'flu-like symptoms', so you're right, DnBLover .
                                                  The key point is Corona and Influenza are caused by different viruses. So although the symptoms may be similar, it is not the same thing at all.

Here is a good page with clear and consise information, perhaps it may be of interest.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

Comment

• The U.K. government have confirmed that they have procured 800,000 doses for the start of next week’s vaccinations.

The R rate has also fallen to between 0.8-1.0 indicating that the epidemic is no longer growing (let’s see what impact Christmas has on this). Also, the number of deaths in the U.K. has now topped 60,000 - the highest number (by volume) in all of Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X