Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    The U.K. government have confirmed that they have procured 800,000 doses for the start of next week’s vaccinations.

The R rate has also fallen to between 0.8-1.0 indicating that the epidemic is no longer growing (let’s see what impact Christmas has on this). Also, the number of deaths in the U.K. has now topped 60,000 - the highest number (by volume) in all of Europe.

2022 fingers crossed life is back to normal!
    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

2022 fingers crossed life is back to normal!
      No - 2021, fingers crossed! How long do you think it will take to vaccinate enough people that we can return to normal?

I think I read that we have enough capacity to “comfortably” vaccinate over 1m people per week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

No - 2021, fingers crossed! How long do you think it will take to vaccinate enough people that we can return to normal?

I think I read that we have enough capacity to “comfortably” vaccinate over 1m people per week.
        1M people a week = 52 million + 52 weeks = 1 year = 2022?

Honestly, I don’t know how long this will take but I think we might see a phased return to a form of normality around the summer, with the real test being next winter and monitoring how well the vaccine lasts.

I do think the country has changed though. I imagine this was the start of real death of the high street, and our whole attitude towards work/life balance has to be seriously evaluated. I also think we need to look at how the devolved governments work together and I honestly think the government has a lot to answer for regarding press leaks.

It’ll never happen. But I’d quite like Boris to call a bank holiday to officially commemorate the end of this whole mess once we’re sure it’s really over. That and a day of remembrance/national mourning for those lost.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Had my first test yesterday. Luckily it is negative. Getting tested wasn't as bad as I had imagined.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
            Had my first test yesterday. Luckily it is negative. Getting tested wasn't as bad as I had imagined.
            I’m travelling over the Christmas period and would like to be tested just to be on the safe side, but our testing is a bigger mess than Madonna’s catalogue on Spotify.

#FreeBritney

Comment

I’m travelling over the Christmas period and would like to be tested just to be on the safe side, but our testing is a bigger mess than Madonna’s catalogue on Spotify.
              It was very easy. My boss gave me a code plus the number I had to call. I had to say I am a teacher and give them the school code. Within a hour I had to be at the closest place I could reach by car (25 minutes drive). I was tested at 9.00 in the morning and could find the result on internet at 5.00 pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

It was very easy. My boss gave me a code plus the number I had to call. I had to say I am a teacher and give them the school code. Within a hour I had to be at the closest place I could reach by car (25 minutes drive). I was tested at 9.00 in the morning and could find the result on internet at 5.00 pm.
                I don’t have it and won’t be leaving the house for 2 weeks now anyway, but I do believe the option should be available - here, you have to have a symptom to be tested.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Can’t escape them? Hands up if you’ve managed to avoid COVID-19 so far!

All scientists accept Pluto as a dwarf planet - there are larger dwarf planets in our solar system than Pluto and that is universally accepted. But nice try.

Now I’m going to tell you something important worth remembering - wake up because all we have is science to save us. If we cannot trust the best minds in the world when they say they have found a way to save lives then truly humanity is lost - in times of trouble we come together, not pull further apart.
                  Then I should suggest you to read more because many scientists still consider it a proper planet. There are many, many similar disputes in the world of science (GMO's for instance) and so are not all scientists on the same side in case of this whole pandemic.

I would also tell you something worth remembering. As long as there's a lot of money and power to be distributed in this world, you can't really blindly trust everyone you consider the "best mind in the world". How many of these brilliant scientists do you know personally?

And if most people get COVID-19 without symptoms (according to your mainstream scientists), how can you be sure you didn't have it? Virusses are everywhere and they keep on mutating so if you want to hide and try to escape, be my guest but let others live like they want.

Comment

I don’t have it and won’t be leaving the house for 2 weeks now anyway, but I do believe the option should be available - here, you have to have a symptom to be tested.
                    If you want your boss to pay, you have to have symptoms here as well.
                    But if you want to be tested and pay yourself, can they really turn you down?

Comment

You can get private tests that you have to pay for yourself.

https://www.londondoctorsclinic.co.u...onavirus-test/

Or you could pretend you have symptoms to get a free test

Comment

• The Pluto case is irrelevant and has nothing to do with any of this, because it's about a definition which is arbitrary. There are disputes in many topics but generalized consensus is all it matters. There are corrupted and incompetent people everywhere, no reason to think that doesn't happen with scientists.
                        In certain topics there is no consensus, but that is not the case with Covid.
                        ​​​
                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Top 10 lowest scoring countries in Europe in terms of new infections (no micro-states): UPDATE
                          1.(1) Iceland
                          2.(3) Ireland
                          3.(2) Finland
                          4.(4) Norway
                          5.(7) Greece
                          6.(-) France
                          7.(-) Belgium
                          8.(-) Spain
                          9.(9) Germany
                          10.(10) Malta

worst performers:
                          1.(1) Luxembourg
                          2.(2) Croatia
                          3.(5) Lithuania
                          4.(3) Slovenia
                          5.(-) Hungary
                          Last edited by jio; Sat December 5, 2020, 11:46.
                          jio CHARTS NOW: 30/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10571206

Comment

• Lowest score in terms of what?
                            You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                            I should walk away.
                            Oh, I should walk away.
                            But I think I'll stay.
                            (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Cumulative infections per 100 000 population the past 14 days. Iceland is the lowest in Europe whereas Luxembourg the highest
                              Last edited by jio; Sat December 5, 2020, 11:48.
                              jio CHARTS NOW: 30/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10571206

Comment

• I heard on a podcast that people pay as much as 385€ to get tested in America. Is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                  Cumulative infections per 100 000 population the past 14 days. Iceland is the lowest in Europe whereas Luxembourg the highest
                                  OK, thanks. I initially thought that it would be a bit unfair to compare the total amount of infections, but if you go by infections per 100k people, that's actually representative.

My regions' infection rate is going down a bit. I'm so hoping that we'll get to see it fall below 100 before Christmas, even though my country's government announced that restrictions would only get loosened if they fall below 50 (which seems sooo far away).
                                  I should walk away.
                                  Oh, I should walk away.
                                  But I think I'll stay.
                                  (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

OK, thanks. I initially thought that it would be a bit unfair to compare the total amount of infections, but if you go by infections per 100k people, that's actually representative.

My regions' infection rate is going down a bit. I'm so hoping that we'll get to see it fall below 100 before Christmas, even though my country's government announced that restrictions would only get loosened if they fall below 50 (which seems sooo far away).
                                    Even so it doesn't say much because it doesn't say a lot about how those infections are distributed (obviously a country with a lot of infections in young people is better than less infections in older people) or how health systems are coping. For example Greece has been consistently scoring better than most countries in Europe since the beginning of this, yet the health system is on the brink of collapse because of lower capacity. I believe that's not the case in Germany which is scoring worse than Greece almost from the beginning of this for example.

But for what it is worth those are the rankings.

Comment

• 2020 keeps giving...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2sIWfvY7ws

Comment

• Merkel is outta her mind (nothing new though)

The bish is planning a full lockdown after Xmas and NYE

Just start rolling out them vaccines already bish
                                        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                          Merkel is outta her mind (nothing new though)

The bish is planning a full lockdown after Xmas and NYE

Just start rolling out them vaccines already bish
                                          I support her 100 percent.

Joke. OT - how much more "full" can yere lockdown get over there ?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Any comparisons across countries are always done using the 100k people thing.

Comment

• We're basically stuck at standby with no given termination. It's a shitty situation and you can't do anything about it :/ .
                                              I should walk away.
                                              Oh, I should walk away.
                                              But I think I'll stay.
                                              (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I support her 100 percent.

Joke. OT - how much more "full" can yere lockdown get over there ?
                                                As full as her plate

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Ugh, that woman... I admire her for her massive resilience - that's like the only positive thing about her.
                                                  I should walk away.
                                                  Oh, I should walk away.
                                                  But I think I'll stay.
                                                  (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• I don't get it. Our numbers were "good" (compared to like 1-2 months ago) but Switzerland is going back into a lockdown light version.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X