Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Coming for Christmas was a mistake. It crosses a red line for so many. When we look back at this pandemic in a year or two, I wouldn't be surprised if we come to the conclusion that this was the decision that caused sh*t to really hit the fan.

Because up until this point, I moaned and complained a lot. But in the end, I followed the rules (even when most people around me didn't). That's over now. Christmas with the extended family is happening. As is my NYE party. If anything, I'm inviting MORE people now. F*ck ha. Also, I was planning to stay home and do some Christmas shopping from my couch tonight. But then I was forced to rush to the barber to get one last haircut before they close again. And now I feel so fresh I want to go out and get drunk on mulled wine. All her fault.
    Jeeeez, drama queen much.
    Yes it's been a shitty year, but let's not get too overdramatic. We're still living a very privileged life compared to many others.
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• How entitled and selfish can people be.
      ​​​​​Coming from Christmas and Nye? It's called trying to save lives during the period where contamination is probably going to be the highest. But yea, I'm done arguing about this. You're either altruistic or you're selfish. If you don't get altruism, you're not gonna get it from an online forum.
      ​​​​​​
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post

Jeeeez, drama queen much.
        Yes it's been a shitty year, but let's not get too overdramatic. We're still living a very privileged life compared to many others.
        If you didn't know who was writing this, you would think it was actually someone struggling with this pandemic economically or something. Because there are a lot of people hit very hard. Just being in a position to be able to go party on NYE is a massive privilege.
        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• There should be no big new years eve parties. It's one year. People really need to wize up. How hard is it to downsize for one bloody year.

Comment

• I never celebrate NYE, I find pretty ridiculous, and people always look down on me when I decline their invite.
            Now I have the perfect excuse.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
              I never celebrate NYE, I find pretty ridiculous, and people always look down on me when I decline their invite.
              I like to have a few quiet drinks on NYE but I also don't have a problem to stay at home for one year or else just have it with parents. I was in Berlin for NYE one year and it gets pretty wild in Germany on that night!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                There should be no big new years eve parties. It's one year. People really need to wize up. How hard is it to downsize for one bloody year.
                One year is a lot, it's 1.25% of an average person's life.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

One year is a lot, it's 1.25% of an average person's life.
                  It's not one year. Its ONE night. Silly boy.

Comment

It's not one year. Its ONE night. Silly boy.
                    "How hard is it to downsize for one bloody year." (InFamous)

Comment

"How hard is it to downsize for one bloody year." (InFamous)
                      I was clearly talking about new years eve, which is one night of the year.

Stop harassing me

Comment

• Then I misinterpreted your post.

Comment

Then I misinterpreted your post.
                          Surprising!
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                            I never celebrate NYE, I find pretty ridiculous, and people always look down on me when I decline their invite.
                            Both Xmas and NYE are overrated and "forced on you" kind of holidays (in the sense that society demands you to celebrate them in a certain way, in a certain location with certain people).

That being said I like NYE better since I get to drink a lot and usually spent it at a bar / disco.

Xmas is just corny and useless tbh. Also as someone who has frequent contact with my family I don't really see the appeal of it. All those people who make such a huge fuss about it being "the time of the year where you sit together with your family <3" seriously make me question if those people even talk to their families outside of those 3 days in a year
                            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Both Xmas and NYE are overrated and "forced on you" kind of holidays (in the sense that society demands you to celebrate them in a certain way, in a certain location with certain people).

That being said I like NYE better since I get to drink a lot and usually spent it at a bar / disco.

Xmas is just corny and useless tbh. Also as someone who has frequent contact with my family I don't really see the appeal of it. All those people who make such a huge fuss about it being "the time of the year where you sit together with your family <3" seriously make me question if those people even talk to their families outside of those 3 days in a year
                              Yeah I feel exactly the same. Christmas day is no big deal to me, in fact I have often just headed to Spain or another place alone for those days and see my family week before or after, but I always enjoy new years eve out. But i am ok with it being a quiet one this year !!

Comment

• I haven’t celebrated New Year on a grand scale in probably 8 years - it just doesn’t do anything for me.

But Christmas has always been reasonably important to me, so I will be making sure that I make the most of it this year within the rules. I am also being responsible by self-isolating for 7 days before seeing my family.

Comment

• Deaths in Germany (Year-To-Date):

2020 835.436
                                  2019 824.146
                                  2018 843.190
                                  2017 819.847

Omg! Who was chancellor in 2018 and why did he fail to cancel christmas that year?

Source: German government

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                    There are indeed families that rarely get to see each other since everyone is busy with their own private affairs. Christmas is one of the rare occasions when I get to see my grandmother. My family is not into holidays in general, unfortunately. I'll definitely do it better once I have my own family.

Rihab : Much (political) ado about nothing, basically.

Comment

There are indeed families that rarely get to see each other since everyone is busy with their own private affairs. Christmas is one of the rare occasions when I get to see my grandmother. My family is not into holidays in general, unfortunately. I'll definitely do it better once I have my own family.

Rihab : Much (political) ado about nothing, basically.
                                      What's stopping you to travel yourself ? Aren't you almost 30 ?

Comment

Deaths in Germany (Year-To-Date):

2020 835.436
                                        2019 824.146
                                        2018 843.190
                                        2017 819.847

Omg! Who was chancellor in 2018 and why did he fail to cancel christmas that year?

There was a really bad flu season in 2018. One that collapsed the healthcare system in Italy back then.

Funny how no one gave a flying f**k or even knows about this happening back then tho
                                        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

2020 835.436
                                          2019 824.146
                                          2018 843.190
                                          2017 819.847

So what, you are saying you want more people to die to justify this lockdown ?

Seriously you really need to think about what you are saying here ?

Because I really do not understand this perspective. The lockdowns and measures are being done to PREVENT deaths.

How is this not clicking with people, STILL ?

Comment

2020 835.436
                                            2019 824.146
                                            2018 843.190
                                            2017 819.847

It arguably could've been significantly worse if governments hadn't taken measures to lockdown countries...the spike in German COVID deaths recently isn't up for debate:

COVID.PNG

Comment

• People who still refer to coronavirus as "nothing" really lack education.

Comment

What's stopping you to travel yourself ? Aren't you almost 30 ?
                                                What I meant is that some people with big families struggle to get all of them together at one place - especially if they live in different places. I haven't got a big family; not to forget that my family isn't that close to each other emotionally anyway.

Comment

What I meant is that some people with big families struggle to get all of them together at one place - especially if they live in different places. I haven't got a big family; not to forget that my family isn't that close to each other emotionally anyway.
                                                  Well you don't need to be all together in one place. It's not realistic for most people. I spend xmas with my parents and brother. But the rest of my family arent gonna come across the country to eat dinner. They spend it with their families.

Comment

• Well, if you spend Christmas with your parents and your brother, that's more than fine, I guess. My granny won't be able to visit us this year, so it'll be me and my parents basically. I'll just spend my holidays preparing for the exams at the end of the semester and hope the year will be over soon.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X