No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think if you are truly exempt from wearing a mask you should have to get a cert from your doctor and have something on you which proves it. And anyone exempt from a mask should have to wear a visor or have a special time when they are allowed to shop so all the maskless people can shop together. Although that is prob not too fair on the staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Your mask doesn't actually protect you, the theory behind the mask is that you wearing the mask is protecting others from you if you happen to be infected. It is kind of illogical if you break it down but that is what we have been told by the experts.
      Yeah this is true, the mask mainly protect others, but there has been a research that proves it also protects the wearer, at least partly. If you get infected through particles in the air (i apologize if I use the wrong terms ) while wearing a mask the odds of you getting a severe infection are significantly lower, since the load of particles infecting you will be partly lower due to the mask. Next to stopping you spreading your particles, it also acts as an imperfect barrier. At least that’s what I read

I can only assume that the attitude and the learning curve of Western civilians towards wearing masks has to be one of the reasons why it has been spreading so fast in Western countries in comparison with countries where wearing masks already was part of their ‘habitus’, and was not as resisted as much. After all this time I still see people who wear it wrong, who are so against it, who still find it ridiculous, etc. That says a lot to be honest. Of course there are always people who cannot wear it because of whatever valid reason, but the amount of discussion about it feels overreached and unnecessary.
      Last edited by Michiel; Tue January 12, 2021, 08:24.
      Eudaimonia
      Last.fm
      Instagram

Comment

• The whole “medically exempt” thing is exploited beyond belief, especially here in the UK because quite a few people here have a massive sense of entitlement. I went to Italy in September and there was no medically exempt excuses.

Comment

• I have to wear one all the time for work and I forget it’s there most of the time...in fact in this weather it helps keep my face warm in Gran Canaria in August it was close to 40 degrees some days and you have to wear them everywhere there, even in the street, but it wasn’t a big issue to wear it, I don’t understand why people have such a problem with wearing one.
          1 Harry Styles |2 PNAU |3 Michael Gray|4 Jessie Frye |5 Jazmine Sullivan

Comment

• The German state still hasn't paid the compensation sums because of 'software errors'. For those who don't know: Those compensation sums were supposed to be paid in early November. It's not a surprise considering how Germany is known for its bureaucracy, but it's getting hideous at this stage considering how many people had to close their businesses and have to live from their savings for months now.
            You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
            I should walk away.
            Oh, I should walk away.
            But I think I'll stay.
            (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• It's crazy to think that throughout this pandemic, I've been able to achieve personal growth, and I've been able to go after things I want to accomplish. Isolation and those 4 months off changed me, in a good way. Although there were some struggles, I know I am quite blessed.
              Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                The whole “medically exempt” thing is exploited beyond belief, especially here in the UK because quite a few people here have a massive sense of entitlement. I went to Italy in September and there was no medically exempt excuses.
                Exactly, the exemption stuff is ridiculous, like others have said - wear a bloody visor.

Good on Morrison's and Sainsbury's - hope others follow suit. I've seen an increase in chavs not wearing masks in shops lately.

Comment

• Sadly, many supermarket staff don't wear masks either....at my local Sainsburys only about half the people on check-out have them on....

Comment

• Originally posted by Metalweb View Post
                    Sadly, many supermarket staff don't wear masks either....at my local Sainsburys only about half the people on check-out have them on....
                    I suppose they’re behind a screen so it’s not as bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                      I have to wear one all the time for work and I forget it’s there most of the time...in fact in this weather it helps keep my face warm in Gran Canaria in August it was close to 40 degrees some days and you have to wear them everywhere there, even in the street, but it wasn’t a big issue to wear it, I don’t understand why people have such a problem with wearing one.
                      Certain people just feel they are above everything, always feel that they have to be contrary. It's just the way they are. It's like some people will never move out of the way on a footpath to allow you to pass, will never keep the 2 meters away in the supermarket. These people are just contrarion for the sake of it and are too ignorant to just do what they are asked because they think they are above everyone and everything.

Comment

• InFamous : Back in summer, Corona knowledge hasn't spread as much as now, but even then, I had this summer job and I asked that one elderly regular customer to remember to wear her mask. She was like 'Yeah, I've got it somewhere in my bag, I'm fine'. My boss told me that if there was a check up, she would get the fine, not us, so I kind of moved on, but it still kind of bothered me. Not sure how I'd react if it happened now...
                        I should walk away.
                        Oh, I should walk away.
                        But I think I'll stay.
                        (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• UK today - 1243 deaths.
                          Last edited by InFamous; Tue January 12, 2021, 17:25.

Comment

• I'm not scared of Corona, but I stick with the rules because I want this lockdown gone as early as possible. So yeah, ignorant people bother me in that regard.
                            I never said that air dissolves the Corona virus though. What I meant is that the aerosols don't concentrate at one spot but spread in the room. A lower concentration is less dangerous than a higher one, which is why we do this 2 metre distance thing in the first place.
                            I should walk away.
                            Oh, I should walk away.
                            But I think I'll stay.
                            (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              I'm not scared of Corona, but I stick with the rules because I want this lockdown gone as early as possible. So yeah, ignorant people bother me in that regard.
                              I never said that air dissolves the Corona virus though. What I meant is that the aerosols don't concentrate at one spot but spread in the room. A lower concentration is less dangerous than a higher one, which is why we do this 2 metre distance thing in the first place.
                              I’m not scared of the rona either but I wear a mask because it’s good manners, there are other people who are scared of it and are in a higher risk group than I am.
                              1 Harry Styles |2 PNAU |3 Michael Gray|4 Jessie Frye |5 Jazmine Sullivan

Comment

• Exactly, whether you are scared of it or not is completely irrelevant.

Comment

• 1564 deaths in the UK, bringing the total to 84,767. Absolutely sickening.
                                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                    1564 deaths in the UK, bringing the total to 84,767. Absolutely sickening.
                                    Pity that the measurements are not helping at all in the UK. Add to that this weird mutation going around in your country :( .
                                    I should walk away.
                                    Oh, I should walk away.
                                    But I think I'll stay.
                                    (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

Pity that the measurements are not helping at all in the UK. Add to that this weird mutation going around in your country :( .
                                      There’s roughly a 3 week delay in catching covid and dying from it, so the numbers will go up whilst the rate of infection continues to drop (which it should because of the lockdown).

#FreeBritney

Comment

• When will we see the lockdown effect then? Next week, I guess, right?
                                        I should walk away.
                                        Oh, I should walk away.
                                        But I think I'll stay.
                                        (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Exactly, the exemption stuff is ridiculous, like others have said - wear a bloody visor.

Good on Morrison's and Sainsbury's - hope others follow suit. I've seen an increase in chavs not wearing masks in shops lately.
                                          Visors are actually doing more harm than good... it's better if people don't wear them at all (except as an emergency if you lose or break your mask for example and a visor is at hand or as an extra barrier of protection with a mask in very risky situations). Otherwise, I would advise against visors especially in big stores. Why is that? Because they offer no protection whatsoever to the person who wears them and very limited protection to others that is however completely offset by the false sense of security it provides.

Otherwise I do agree with everything said about stores. One of the biggest problems we have here in Cyprus is that our idiotic government ruled that businesses have legal responsibility for the enforcement of covid rules only as far as their employees are concerned, whereas the clients have personal responsibility only. This in practice means that if I am inside a shop as a client without a mask and the police comes, I will be fined but the shop will not. Which leads to many shops not caring at all to discipline customers as far as masks are concerned and of course the police cannot be everywhere
                                          jio CHARTS NOW: 19/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10543721

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                            1564 deaths in the UK, bringing the total to 84,767. Absolutely sickening.
                                            I read that there have now been more deaths in the second wave than the first, a 25 year old woman in Wales being one of the youngest deaths.

We seem to have gone backwards in our fight so I expect tightening of restrictions. I wonder if we will be following the new changes to Click & Collect orders and Takeaway food announced in Scotland today. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

• How are people dealing with the social side of things? There's a degree of lethargy right now in the UK and we're struggling (we being my wife and I) politely managing people's expectations of seeing us.

For example, her friend wants to meet up in a well-known park for a social catch up with her husband and I at the weekend, but my wife has said she's not able to because of the restrictions and is happy go just the two of them at a safe distance and has caused offence by merely suggesting that.

I've also had to tell my sister and mum we can't see them in person and they've kicked off saying "we live on our own" and not understanding the point of an exclusive bubble (they're both openly letting others in their homes!).

It's made somewhat more problematic because we have a relatively new born son and everyone else is somewhat playing the "but we want to meet / see him" card and making us feel bad for wanting to keep safe. I'm not one to be overly dramatic but I'm at that point now where I'm starting to get really pissed off that this thing isn't relinquishing because people can't get it in to their thick heads we all just need to play our part in trying to get the numbers down. Stay home!

Rant over.

Comment

• Originally posted by ludichris View Post

I read that there have now been more deaths in the second wave than the first, a 25 year old woman in Wales being one of the youngest deaths.

We seem to have gone backwards in our fight so I expect tightening of restrictions. I wonder if we will be following the new changes to Click & Collect orders and Takeaway food announced in Scotland today. It wouldn't surprise me at all.
                                                I hate to say it, but we are probably seeing the knock on effect from Christmas gatherings.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                                                  How are people dealing with the social side of things? There's a degree of lethargy right now in the UK and we're struggling (we being my wife and I) politely managing people's expectations of seeing us.

For example, her friend wants to meet up in a well-known park for a social catch up with her husband and I at the weekend, but my wife has said she's not able to because of the restrictions and is happy go just the two of them at a safe distance and has caused offence by merely suggesting that.

I've also had to tell my sister and mum we can't see them in person and they've kicked off saying "we live on our own" and not understanding the point of an exclusive bubble (they're both openly letting others in their homes!).

It's made somewhat more problematic because we have a relatively new born son and everyone else is somewhat playing the "but we want to meet / see him" card and making us feel bad for wanting to keep safe. I'm not one to be overly dramatic but I'm at that point now where I'm starting to get really pissed off that this thing isn't relinquishing because people can't get it in to their thick heads we all just need to play our part in trying to get the numbers down. Stay home!

Rant over.
                                                  Wow! Guess we're lucky that we have friends who understand we can't come and visit in these times. As for family, they either live abroad or understand visiting is not a good thing right now.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

When will we see the lockdown effect then? Next week, I guess, right?
                                                    Here it took about 3 weeks of lockdown for the numbers to start falling
                                                    jio CHARTS NOW: 19/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10543721

Comment

Working...
                                                    X