No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A major lockdown should be announced any days now in France.
    As a teacher and headmaster, I've heard rumors about it starting on February 8th and lasting for 4 weeks, during our winter break actually (schools close for two weeks usually in February).
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
      A major lockdown should be announced any days now in France.
      As a teacher and headmaster, I've heard rumors about it starting on February 8th and lasting for 4 weeks, during our winter break actually (schools close for two weeks usually in February).
      Sounds sensible. Considering the EU vaccination issues.
      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• menime123 : Well, I don't know what to say considering that my position towards this has been transparent and coherent right from the start. The only thing that has altered is my attitude towards the vaccination itself. I am not satisfied with keeping the country on standby for months. Besides, I'm sick of being at home almost 24/7 with my private situation being a major and my professional situation a minor mess at the moment. So yeah, I consider the political measurements a bigger issue than the virus itself at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

The AIDS epidemic of the 1980s virtually wiped out an entire generation of gay men. As a community we didn’t know what it was and there was very little support in fighting in, both in and out of the community. Governments used homophobia as their main line of defence. Consider the fact that in 2021, there is no cure. We have made strides in HIV management, but that is not a cure.

So perhaps start looking at how actually, your glass is more than half full. You have it incredibly good at the moment, even in a lockdown.

Menime when I brought out the AIDS epidemic for comparison a few pages back, all of you guys attacked me...

jio CHARTS NOW: 9/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10576031

Comment

• There have been a number of negative news this week in regards to the vaccines:
            - Israel that has apparently huge success with its vaccination program has closed its borders for a week
            - Merck has announced its giving up its two vaccine cadidates
            - Pfizer has announced it started working on a booster dose for its vaccine (so no 90% coverage I guess)
            - The EU has shown further megatones of incompetence as it turns out that the biggest vaccine contract they signed, the one with Astrazeneca is only binding on the EU's side and not on the company's side
            - Some newspapers from Germany are insisting that Astrazeneca's vaccine is not appropriate for people over 65 yo (i.e. those who need it the most). This comes on top of warnings from Norway that Pfizer vaccine is not appropriate for people over 85 yo in poor health.

Good luck y'all!!!
            Last edited by jio; Wed January 27, 2021, 15:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Menime when I brought out the AIDS epidemic for comparison a few pages back, all of you guys attacked me...
              The word you’re looking for is context.

#FreeBritney

Comment

- Some newspapers from Germany are insisting that Astrazeneca's vaccine is not appropriate for people over 65 yo (i.e. those who need it the most). This comes on top of warnings from Norway that Pfizer vaccine is not appropriate for people over 85 yo in poor health.
                This one's got proven wrong. The newspaper misread a statistic.

Comment

There have been a number of negative news this week in regards to the vaccines:
                  - Israel that has apparently huge success with its vaccination program has closed its borders for a week
                  - Merck has announced its giving up its two vaccine cadidates
                  - Pfizer has announced it started working on a booster dose for its vaccine (so no 90% coverage I guess)
                  - The EU has shown further megatones of incompetence as it turns out that the biggest vaccine contract they signed, the one with Astrazeneca is only binding on the EU's side and not on the company's side

Good luck y'all!!!
                  All over 80s in the UK have been offered a vaccine, which I believe were all Pfizer. Indeed, even our Queen has had it and she’s in her 90s.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

This one's got proven wrong. The newspaper misread a statistic.
                    Yes, I am aware of that. But your newspapers insist that EMA is considering not approving it for over 65 years olds. Anyway, it's just a rumour so far...

Comment

menime123 : Well, I don't know what to say considering that my position towards this has been transparent and coherent right from the start. The only thing that has altered is my attitude towards the vaccination itself. I am not satisfied with keeping the country on standby for months. Besides, I'm sick of being at home almost 24/7 with my private situation being a major and my professional situation a minor mess at the moment. So yeah, I consider the political measurements a bigger issue than the virus itself at the moment.
                      Transparent isn’t a word I’d use to describe your position. But your post is full of things you want, isn’t it? That’s the crux of the situation - you have constantly moaned about you and yours, rather than supporting the the bigger picture.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Yes, I am aware of that. But your newspapers insist that EMA is considering not approving it for over 65 years olds. Anyway, it's just a rumour so far...
                        It’s called fake news.

You are literally using fake news in your arguments.

And they weren’t strong to begin with.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Transparent isn’t a word I’d use to describe your position. But your post is full of things you want, isn’t it? That’s the crux of the situation - you have constantly moaned about you and yours, rather than supporting the the bigger picture.
                          The bigger picture is that thousands will suffer and die indirectly from poverty thanks to the lockdowns...

Comment

It’s called fake news.

You are literally using fake news in your arguments.

And they weren’t strong to begin with.
                            I wrote it as a rumour and it comes from a newspaper that is considered reliable and reputable so please... it's worthy enough to mention, me thinks...

Comment

I wrote it as a rumour and it comes from a newspaper that is considered reliable and reputable so please... it's worthy enough to mention, me thinks...
                              No. You did not, and no, it is not. You never once used the word rumour, instead saying there had been a lot of negative news reported recently.

You weaken your arguments with lies and confirmed faked news stories, which do nothing but undermine your integrity.

#FreeBritney

Comment

The bigger picture is that thousands will suffer and die indirectly from poverty thanks to the lockdowns...
                                People are suffering because of lockdown, I don’t doubt it and never claimed otherwise. I don’t buy into the idea that there is a visible link between lockdown, poverty and death - and if there were, I’m not convinced it would be as large a death rate compared to not going into lockdown.

In a pandemic there are no perfect solutions, but it must be boring thinking governments, scientists and medical people have it wrong constantly?

#FreeBritney

Comment

No. You did not, and no, it is not. You never once used the word rumour, instead saying there had been a lot of negative news reported recently.

You weaken your arguments with lies and confirmed faked news stories, which do nothing but undermine your integrity.
                                  There is literally the word "rumour" in my post that you quoted...

And as far as I know Handelsblatt is considered reliable...

And yes, there have been a lot of negative news, i.e. the ones that I mentioned... unless you consider them positive of course...

Comment

People are suffering because of lockdown, I don’t doubt it and never claimed otherwise. I don’t buy into the idea that there is a visible link between lockdown, poverty and death - and if there were, I’m not convinced it would be as large a death rate compared to not going into lockdown.

In a pandemic there are no perfect solutions, but it must be boring thinking governments, scientists and medical people have it wrong constantly?
                                    There is no visible link between reducing international trade, making people lose their jobs and poverty? OK, that's an interesting opinion...

Comment

My life turned severely to the worse not because of the virus itself but explicitly because of the lockdown and I know that that's the case in many families right now. So yeah, it's only natural that I want things to improve, which is hardly possible when I see the politicians handling the situation the way they do it. Maybe they're handling it better than other countries, but that fact improves neither my professional nor my private situation.

Comment

• I am instantly reminded of that old saying " Empty vessels make the most noise "
                                        Selfish people just love to complain and whinge, instead of being positive and adapting to the situation at hand.

Meanwhile in the last 24 hours Mexico have reported over 1700 deaths. Really sad for them and that country is really struggling right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                          I am instantly reminded of that old saying " Empty vessels make the most noise "
                                          Selfish people just love to complain and whinge, instead of being positive and adapting to the situation at hand.

Meanwhile in the last 24 hours Mexico have reported over 1700 deaths. Really sad for them and that country is really struggling right now.
                                          You are making noise too love...

Comment

There is no visible link between reducing international trade, making people lose their jobs and poverty? OK, that's an interesting opinion...
                                            And one I stand by, in relation to your claim thousands will die as a consequence of lockdowns. You are talking about hypotheticals without statistical data to support you, relying on hope no one will challenge your opinion because you mentioned the word ‘poverty’.

The truth is poverty is unacceptable but it has always existed. I am against it completely - I have seen it and seen many consequences of it. I have known children who had no idea what clean clothes smelt like. I have had a new born baby fall asleep on my chest as their body shook from heroin withdrawal. I can discuss poverty, routes in and routes out.

But claiming lockdowns will result in thousands of deaths through poverty, as a legitimate argument against lockdown?

I’m not doing it.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                              I am instantly reminded of that old saying " Empty vessels make the most noise "

You are never alone when you moan.

#FreeBritney

Comment

You are making noise too love...
                                                Wow you were easily triggered, even though I wasn't even referring to you

Comment

• Edit.
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Wed January 27, 2021, 17:45.

Comment

My life turned severely to the worse not because of the virus itself but explicitly because of the lockdown and I know that that's the case in many families right now. So yeah, it's only natural that I want things to improve, which is hardly possible when I see the politicians handling the situation the way they do it. Maybe they're handling it better than other countries, but that fact improves neither my professional nor my private situation.
                                                    I am very sorry to hear that. Genuinely, I am. Lockdown impacts us all in different ways and I don’t know anyone who hasn’t been impacted as a result.

In Britain we have an unofficial motto - “Keep calm and carry on”. I believe it was an unused slogan from WWII re-discovered decades later in unused posters. But Britain has taken to it because it says so much by saying so little and remains so very true.

It does not matter what is happening, we have to deal with it no matter what. We can either lose our heads or keep calm and meet whatever come next with dignity. The future is coming - all you can do is decide on how to meet it.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X