This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Are you really that scared? You are young man and your older family members should be getting their vaccines soon...
    Yes i'm scared cause i don't know what will happen to me if i catch the virus. It damages lungs, hearts, brain and God knows what other organs as well. There are tons of people who die after they recover from covid-19 because of the damages the virus leaves in the body. And i'm also a bit skeptic and afraid of mRNA vaccines, though we won't have them in Turkey.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I have to take a train next tuesday and stay in a hotel for two nights. ( essential business)
      It feels like such an upcoming adventure !!
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• spiritboy : Don't worry, you'll be fine ! The two fellow workers of mine who got it recovered quickly, same for the elderly relative of mine. Getting Corona doesn't automatically mean that you're bound to have heavy consequences.
        Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
        Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
        Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
          Good to know you don't really believe in anything you said.
          I guess you missed the hint then...

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Not being negative but I am sure that is just an oversight/ glitch. There is no way no one has died today.
            Yes, it was too good to be true. I was hoping there would be a decrease as they didn't post the data but it has now been updated as 1,245 deaths, which is an increase of 6 compared to yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by ludichris View Post

Yes, it was too good to be true. I was hoping there would be a decrease as they didn't post the data but it has now been updated as 1,245 deaths, which is an increase of 6 compared to yesterday
              Figured that. Sometimes Fri sat sun Data can be slower updating.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                spiritboy : Don't worry, you'll be fine ! The two fellow workers of mine who got it recovered quickly, same for the elderly relative of mine. Getting Corona doesn't automatically mean that you're bound to have heavy consequences.
                He wouldn't be the first young guy who won't recover quickly. Be careful with giving advice.
                Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• The US death total is now 433,431.

Trump has done absolutely nothing to prevent any of these deaths.

Comment

Ironically you mention all the countries that have had some of the worst death tolls in the world. Maybe there is a connection there.
                    Oh really?
                    Let's have a look at worldometers which, I believe, is a source you would trust since they use the "official" governmental data.

Deaths per 1 M population in the countries I mentioned:
                    Netherlands: 809
                    Sweden: 1144
                    Mexico: 1196
                    Brazil: 1044

And now on to some of the "expert level" of restrictions, lockdowns, curfews and other paranoia places:
                    UK: 1533
                    Spain: 1247
                    Italy: 1454
                    Belgium: 1806

Indeed, ironic...

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

He wouldn't be the first young guy who won't recover quickly. Be careful with giving advice.
                      +1

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Yes i'm scared cause i don't know what will happen to me if i catch the virus. It damages lungs, hearts, brain and God knows what other organs as well. There are tons of people who die after they recover from covid-19 because of the damages the virus leaves in the body. And i'm also a bit skeptic and afraid of mRNA vaccines, though we won't have them in Turkey.
                        One of my friends was the most serious case recorded in Cyprus that didn't die. She was basically in medically-induced coma for three weeks and took her 2 months to recover (young but with underlying disease)... Guess what? she recovered fully with no left-overs (except the immunity). My point is I would take those reports with a grain of salt... we have heard everything about this virus but in the vast majority of the cases nothing outside the lungs is getting affected and even the lungs usually recover fully. I am not saying it cannot happen, I am saying it's very unlikely in your age. I would worry more if I was a smoker about scarring lungs.

About the vaccines, I feel the same way but at least you are lucky you are in a country where you have more options. So don't be scared, fear and stress can do considerable damage to your body and spirit, spiritboy (lol) too
                        jio CHARTS NOW: 10/5/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10909446

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                          Oh really?
                          Let's have a look at worldometers which, I believe, is a source you would trust since they use the "official" governmental data.

Deaths per 1 M population in the countries I mentioned:
                          Netherlands: 809
                          Sweden: 1144
                          Mexico: 1196
                          Brazil: 1044

And now on to some of the "expert level" of restrictions, lockdowns, curfews and other paranoia places:
                          UK: 1533
                          Spain: 1247
                          Italy: 1454
                          Belgium: 1806

Indeed, ironic...
                          That deaths per 1M population thing is not an accurate way to measure really especially in countries like Mexico and Brazil which are very densley populated.

Mexico now has the third highest death toll in the world, surpassing India.
                          Brazil has the second highest death toll in the world. So what I said was correct.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/28/w...us-deaths.html

Comment

• But you cannot use the death toll as a measure without taking account of the population size. Sure China would have more deaths than Luxembourg but that doesn't mean anything
                            jio CHARTS NOW: 10/5/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10909446

Comment

• There have been a good few cases of long covid recorded.

spiritboy you can keep yourself safe by following all the health advice, social distancing, regular handwashing and avoiding crowds. Get some air and a walk daily and eat well to boost your immune system.
                              Last edited by InFamous; Sat January 30, 2021, 02:44.

Comment

But you cannot use the death toll as a measure without taking account of the population size. Sure China would have more deaths than Luxembourg but that doesn't mean anything
                                Tell it to the New York Times

And yes I can. It is perfectly correct to say that Brazil and Mexico have some of the highest death tolls in the world.

Despite population size, that is completely correct and factual.

Comment

• Besides the fact that I did not say it's not real or that my friend recovered easily (what's easy about the case I spoke about I don't know), panic and fear does not help anyone. If I get a communicable disease tomorrow, be that covid or anything else, I would certainly hope that my friends and relatives try to give me realistic hope instead of telling me how many they died out of respect. I mean even if someone has cancer, we tell him "be hopeful", "miracles happen" and so on, so forth, here we are talking about a disease which for spiritboy's age 96% recover without a problem and more than 50% pass through it asymptomatically or with light symptoms and I am supposed not to tell him that out of respect? That's a very bizarre definition of respect.

The general truth is what I wrote whether you understand it or not. "Long covid" is a situation happening to relatively few people and even those generally recover within 3 months. Yes, there are exceptions as are in any disease. But we are not supposed to focus on those but on the rule.

Also there are more things that need to be said about long covid but I'd rather stop here...

Comment

Tell it to the New York Times

And yes I can. It is perfectly correct to say that Brazil and Mexico have some of the highest death tolls in the world.

Despite population size, that is completely correct and factual.
                                    It is correct but is without any scientific significance.

Comment

• Feel free to see things however you want to see them, and I will see them how I see them.

Last edited by InFamous; Sat January 30, 2021, 02:42.

Comment

without any scientific significance.
                                        Literally like most of the claims you have made recently.

Comment

• It's great you are not panicked, now why don't you stop trying to panic other people?

Plus I did not speak of my friend as an easy case (which you initially thought), I spoke of my friend as a hard case with a complete recovery, a true survivor that should be mentioned instead of focusing non-stop on the negativity of this.

Comment

Literally like most of the claims you have made recently.
                                            we are back at shading I see... which is a well known scientific method...

Comment

It's great you are not panicked, now why don't you stop trying to panic other people?

Plus I did not speak of my friend as an easy case (which you initially thought), I spoke of my friend as a hard case with a complete recovery, a true survivor that should be mentioned instead of focusing non-stop on the negativity of this.
                                              The absolute irony of you saying this to me when all you have done for the last three months is try to convince us we are all going to die from the vaccine. Literally on a daily basis.

Also your allegation is completely false as I have never tried to panic anyone. So stop throwing accusations without base when you have run out of arguments. You have literally been rambling on for months about the supposed unknown long terms effects of the vaccine but when people are concerned about the long term effects of the actual disease, its a big problem for you and nothing worth talking about? Take a look at your own contributions to the thread before you accuse others of spreading panic.

Last edited by InFamous; Sat January 30, 2021, 02:27.

Comment

• Man, we are literally having a member saying he is afraid, another member (not me) telling him don't worry things will be alright and you jumping and saying don't give such an advice because it may not happen. Seriously now?

Comment

• Deaths in last 24 hours :

USA still so high with 3600, Brazil and UK over 1000 , Mexico at 1500.

Mexico need action and fast.

Breaking - France not to impose third lockdown for now.
                                                  From Sunday :

Instead - a closing of borders to non EU people ( except for essential) , does NOT apply to UK hauliers
                                                  more police to enforce curfews more, police for illegal parties and restaurants opening
                                                  possible more restrictions to come
                                                  pubs and restaurants to remain closed for now
                                                  big shopping centres must close on sunday unless they sell food. This seems kinda pointless as surely all big shopping centres in France sell some sort of food.
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Sat January 30, 2021, 05:50.

Comment

Breaking - France not to impose third lockdown for now.
                                                    From Sunday :

Instead - a closing of borders to non EU people ( except for essential) , does NOT apply to UK hauliers
                                                    more police to enforce curfews more, police for illegal parties and restaurants opening
                                                    possible more restrictions to come
                                                    pubs and restaurants to remain closed for now
                                                    big shopping centres must close on sunday unless they sell food. This seems kinda pointless as surely all big shopping centres in France sell some sort of food.
                                                    The most USELESS shit ever, but the lockdown is definitely coming by the end of the week.
                                                    As I said earlier, they just waiting for winter break to start in schools so they can brag about not closing schools (as...they will already be closed).
                                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                    X