No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of German nursery home citizens died after getting infected by a mutation of the virus. They only had had the first dose of the vaccine.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Door to door testing to take place in parts of UK after SA variant found not linked to travel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55889391
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Looks like Germany are going to be getting the Chinese and Russian vaccines:

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-ge...ays/a-56396510

Comment

• I live in Northumberland, a few people have been stopped by the police for coming to work on farms for the start of lambing.
          Absolutely ridiculous...
          ​​​​

Comment

• Have the police nothing better to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
              Have the police nothing better to do?
              Apparently not.

Not how I’d have handled it, but the officer is completely in the wrong and the police have apologised. The police can only ask your name and address if they suspect you of committing a crime - walking along a street isn’t illegal, even if you aren’t in your local area as you are still permitted to travel for work.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Comment

• The abuse of power amongst some police officers is disgusting, I think the guy had every right to not comply. The people who say “just give your details and move on” have doubtfully ever been questioned like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  Looks like Germany are going to be getting the Chinese and Russian vaccines:

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-ge...ays/a-56396510
                  Not really. He says they must be approved by EMA first
                  jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Not really. He says they must be approved by EMA first
                    Every vaccine has to be approved by the EMA so that goes without saying. Stop nitpicking.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Every vaccine has to be approved by the EMA so that goes without saying. Stop nitpicking.
                      Yes but if you look at statements for other vaccines there were way different. Read between the lines better mate.

For Astrazeneca for example the statements were of the type: "EMA should hurry up with its procedures". For this one is much more relaxed so it's not really a signal for fast approval.

EDIT: and no, not every vaccine has to be approved by EMA. Countries can approve their own vaccines through other procedures.
                      jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• New variants now found in Liverpool and Bristol, yet our borders remain open with thousands of people a day from all over the world coming to the UK. We’re fighting a losing battle.

Comment

• Must be ten variants knocking about at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                            New variants now found in Liverpool and Bristol, yet our borders remain open with thousands of people a day from all over the world coming to the UK. We’re fighting a losing battle.
                            Why aren't the UK closing their borders and only let people in in a strongly regulated way? I mean, with the Brexit and all, you should assume that they are interested in being a bit stricter about that issue.
                            I heard how Iceland is handling the situation in a report yesterday and the country is very strict when it comes to flight traffic.
                            Pro: freedom of speech
                            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Phase 3 results of Russian vaccine Sputnik was published on a publication and apparently the results are very good. It gives a protection rate of 92% and it is especially good for folks over 65. And they'll start producing that in Turkey soon so we might have another option after Sinovac vaccine.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Captain Sir Tom Moore has died!

Comment

• Oh God one of the new variants has been detected less than 4 miles away from me and they are doing mass testing.

Also, sad to read that the UK death rate(1449) has reached a 6 day high again after seeing some progress.

Comment

• So the primary schools will open here next week. But when one of the children is tested positive, the whole class has to go in quarantine for 5 days. After those 5 days all have to be tested. Lots of parents angry as they don't want to have their child tested...
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                      So the primary schools will open here next week. But when one of the children is tested positive, the whole class has to go in quarantine for 5 days. After those 5 days all have to be tested. Lots of parents angry as they don't want to have their child tested...
                                      Well the angry parents best just keep their kids at home and continue home schooling. I’m so sick of people finding ways to feeling injustice during a god damn pandemic. God help us when the aliens land
                                      Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Comment

So the primary schools will open here next week. But when one of the children is tested positive, the whole class has to go in quarantine for 5 days. After those 5 days all have to be tested. Lots of parents angry as they don't want to have their child tested...
                                        These ******* parents.
                                        I swear they are the worst part of the job.
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

These ******* parents.
                                          I swear they are the worst part of the job.
                                          True

Comment

• Looks like the U.K. might have been right after all in their vaccine approach...

Comment

Lucky you. Here in Germany children are not tested whatsoever... only when their parents request it... or when the kids fall into a coma from oxygen deprivation or when they caugh up blood.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• So many conflicting news stories about new variants and the effectiveness of vaccines. There will be no variants for ever more, either we have this horrendous situation for the rest of humanity, or we get the vaccines in people and deal with it.
                                                1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Lucky you. Here in Germany children are not tested whatsoever... only when their parents request it... or when the kids fall into a coma from oxygen deprivation or when they caugh up blood.
                                                  I don't feel very lucky though. Curfew at night, all shops and restaurants closed, not more than one guest allowed in your house, most people work at home... but primary schools can open next week...

How are we only allowed one visitor in our house, but it's okay to be in one small class room with 30+ kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                                    So many conflicting news stories about new variants and the effectiveness of vaccines. There will be no variants for ever more, either we have this horrendous situation for the rest of humanity, or we get the vaccines in people and deal with it.
                                                    The media are pissing me right off at the moment - it’s relentless. They need to consider people’s mental health.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X