No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't this a case of double standards though? According to which law are those people allowed to get their hair done and the assistants to work (I'm sure they're doing it for money and not the wife doing the hair in an amateur way at home.) when Joe Doe is neither?
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      Isn't this a case of double standards though? According to which law are those people allowed to get their hair done and the assistants to work (I'm sure they're doing it for money and not the wife doing the hair in an amateur way at home.) when Joe Doe is neither?
      If you cannot see the clear and obvious difference of a stylist working in controlled conditions on people in the public eye and hundreds of stylists working in a barber shop or salon with peope coming and going all day, with countless people mixing and gathering then I don't know what to tell you. The people out of work are being supported by the government financially so I am sure they are fine.

If you think its so illegal and such a big problem get out on the street and protest. Change the world !!!
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I don't know about the situation in the UK, but in my country, you're not allowed to work as a stylist - period. The size of the room does not matter and neither the amount of clients. A relative of mine used to get her hair done at home (so just two people in the room) and that's not allowed now.
        On Wednesday, there's been a show on German TV and yes, there have been multiple barbers saying they haven't received any financial support by the government since mid December.
        Last edited by theMathematician; Fri February 5, 2021, 18:45.

Comment

• Germany past peak of second wave according to Merkel :

https://www.euronews.com/2021/02/04/...ond-covid-wave
          Last edited by InFamous; Fri February 5, 2021, 18:47.

Comment

• What I meant: That relative usually gets their hair done but not now that it's not allowed.

Comment

What I meant: That relative usually gets their hair done but not now that it's not allowed.
              Wonderful that she is following the rules. Queen Merkel needs to look her best, she is working so hard for Alemania lately and has even been losing sleep.

Comment

• No special treatment for people who have received their vaccinations in Germany :

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-no-speci...any/a-56454942
                Last edited by InFamous; Fri February 5, 2021, 18:51.

Comment

• Really? I thought there's a difference between 'get their hair done' (= regular habit) and 'are getting their hair done' (action happening right at the moment). What I meant was: 'usually but not now'.

Comment

Really? I thought there's a difference between 'get their hair done' (= regular habit) and 'are getting their hair done' (action happening right at the moment). What I meant was: 'usually but not now'.
                    Now and right now are also different states of being.

This is very off topic but you actually said "gets" which is a repeated action still continuing. IE - She gets her hair done every Wednesday.

What you should have said was "She used to get" This expresses the fact that it was an action that used to happen in the past but is not continuing now. Or She had gotten her hair cut every Wednesday until the salon ban happened.

Anyway back to Coronavirus issues.
                    Last edited by InFamous; Fri February 5, 2021, 18:49.

Comment

• Thanks for your grammar help. I'm edit that part in my former post.

Comment

• European new infection rates per 100 000 from lowest (#1) to highest (#31) (no micro-states): UPDATE
                        1.(1) Iceland
                        2.(2) Greece
                        3.(5) Norway
                        4.(3) Finland
                        5.(4) Bulgaria
                        6.(8) Denmark
                        7.(6) Hungary
                        8.(7) Romania
                        9.(10) Poland
                        10.(9) Croatia

12.(13) Germany
                        15.(16) Italy
                        19.(19) France
                        25.(27) United Kingdom
                        27.(25) Latvia
                        28.(28) Slovenia
                        29.(29) Czechia
                        30.(30) Spain
                        31.(31) Portugal

- Breaking national infection records this week is Albania (not in the list above)

jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• With Germany finally making progress in the right direction, I thought it would be in the top 10, but I guess the situation is quite in control in Northern Europe and some parts of East Europe. Portugal on the other hand... The news have reported that it's going downhill there and even Germany military sent help there.

Comment

• What kind of help????
                            jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• German medics are gone to help in Portugal. They also brought ventilators.

Comment

• OK, so after 10 years of giving advice to cut healthcare spending as part of the austerity programs, Germans are now sending ventilators... interesting...

Portugal has peaked already and its infection rates are now dropping. But its national infection rate is quite high, almost double than that of the Czech Republic. So I am expecting it to stay in the bottom for a while still...

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

If you cannot see the clear and obvious difference of a stylist working in controlled conditions on people in the public eye and hundreds of stylists working in a barber shop or salon with peope coming and going all day, with countless people mixing and gathering then I don't know what to tell you.
                                  I agree with theMathematician here. It's illegal in the Netherlands as well. Everybody is complaining they want their hair done and don't understand why a barber can't come and do it at your home, while you are allowed one guest. So if this guest cuts your hair, why not? But it is not allowed because every barber would do this then.

So why should someone famous have different rules? Especially someone who should show the rest that you should follow the rules? With Rita Ora you were all for her being "punished", while she isn't even in politics and basicly isn't someone who should show others how it is done.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• So on Monday primary schools are to open their doors...

One colleague just heard today she's got covid and has to stay at home (as well as her class).

Another colleague got tested today and hopefully will hear tomorrow if she can come to work.

Two children of my class have to stay at home, because they have a parent with covid.

I've heard from other colleagues where children can't start on Monday...

I wonder how long it will take before more classes have to be send home...

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I agree with theMathematician here. It's illegal in the Netherlands as well. Everybody is complaining they want their hair done and don't understand why a barber can't come and do it at your home, while you are allowed one guest. So if this guest cuts your hair, why not? But it is not allowed because every barber would do this then.

So why should someone famous have different rules? Especially someone who should show the rest that you should follow the rules? With Rita Ora you were all for her being "punished", while she isn't even in politics and basicly isn't someone who should show others how it is done.
                                      Good for you. I don't really care if Merkel has an assistant who does her hair for her. It is not remotely comparable to organizing a party with 30 people in a restaurant during lockdown and ignoring rules to quarantine.
                                      And if you cannot see the issue with one barber potentially calling around to loads of different homes to cut hair every day then I dont know what to tell you. Also you are hardly naive enough to think that Rita hasn't been getting her hair done privately this whole time LOL
                                      Last edited by InFamous; Sat February 6, 2021, 01:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Good for you. I don't really care if Merkel has an assistant who does her hair for her. It is not remotely comparable to organizing a party with 30 people in a restaurant during lockdown and ignoring rules to quarantine.
                                        And if you cannot see the issue with one barber potentially calling around to loads of different homes to cut hair every day then I dont know what to tell you. Also you are hardly naive enough to think that Rita hasn't been getting her hair done privately this whole time LOL
                                        I'm sure that Rita has her hair done. That's not the point I was making. The whole point is about breaking the rules. If you are a politician and you think it's okay to break the rules then how can you expect others to look up to you and obey the rules?

Yes, of course no every offense is as heavy as each other. But just because it's not "that bad" to ignore a red light, you can't just driving around when you're a high politician ignoring every red light and think: "It's not as bad as having a party with 30 people and I pay the fine, so who cares?" How minor it may seem, you just have to know you have to know you're a rolmodel at all times.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I'm sure that Rita has her hair done. That's not the point I was making. The whole point is about breaking the rules. If you are a politician and you think it's okay to break the rules then how can you expect others to look up to you and obey the rules?

Yes, of course no every offense is as heavy as each other. But just because it's not "that bad" to ignore a red light, you can't just driving around when you're a high politician ignoring every red light and think: "It's not as bad as having a party with 30 people and I pay the fine, so who cares?" How minor it may seem, you just have to know you have to know you're a rolmodel at all times.
                                          So Rita and her hairdresser also needs to be exposed and fined for yet another breach. AS if it wasn't enough that she got a man fired from his job and the restaurant in difficulty with the council.

It hasnt been proven that Merkel is breaking the rules. She said her assistant helps her with her hair.

This is what she actually said - there was no mention of a stylist or hair dresser. Which is all just conjecture on the part of the German gutter press and Timmy.

"When asked how she keeps her own hair coiffed even though hair salons in Germany have been closed since November, Merkel said she had the help of an assistant, "while of course respecting all hygiene regulations".

"And yes, one has to live with the fact of slowly going grey," Merkel added.

"I will be happy when hairdressers can reopen."

Comment

• LOL at people following the ridiculous "rules" of having no haircuts just because it's not "allowed" to have a hairdresser come over to their place.
                                            Soon if they're told to walk like a dog and bark to stop spreading the virus, they'll really do it haha. The level of absurd in today's world is just unbelievable.

Comment

• I think the only thing worse than basic laws getting restricted is them getting restricted by the very people who seem to get excluded from those restrictions. There are clearly double standards applied to celebrities and politicians for non-urgent reasons.
                                              It's not about Rita Ora going to a restaurant or Angela Merkel getting her hair done. It's about them claiming solidarity and expecting everyone to live with harsh limitations to get out of this nightmare soon, while they live their lives as usual.

Comment

• Sure cos Merkel is out partying every night and having illegal parties. Any excuse for you to whinge and complain about the restrictions basically lol

Comment

• There's nothing preventing you guys from calling your barbers to your houses to have haircut.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                    There's nothing preventing you guys from calling your barbers to your houses to have haircut.
                                                    Just do it yourself - it’s surprisingly easy.
                                                    I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X