Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IDreamed View Post

I live in Hexham, don't need to travel far for holidays because it's absolutely beautiful here no matter what time of the year. And Scotland isn't that far away.
    I meant international holidays. I’m very much looking forward to a staycation. Hexham is very pretty, but it’s more a day out kinda place (especially for the farmers market). I do have a huge soft spot for market villages/towns in general though.
    Words are useless, especially sentences.
    they don’t stand for anything.
    How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

To party. Tons of people from Turkey fly to Miami to enjoy the beaches and nightlife. Also many people go to Mexico.
      Not to forget Dubai. Lots of rich people and influencers leave 'to work' there at the moment.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• I have a holiday in Mexico booked for May - I booked it New Year's Eve after a few drinks

Luckily they will cancel/postpone it if the quarantine rules interfere and Mexico's on the list, or if the advice is still non-essential travel by that time - but if I can go... I'm going!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
          I have a holiday in Mexico booked for May - I booked it New Year's Eve after a few drinks

Luckily they will cancel/postpone it if the quarantine rules interfere and Mexico's on the list, or if the advice is still non-essential travel by that time - but if I can go... I'm going!
          What ever happened to your holiday last year in the end ? Was it cancelled ?
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I had two booked for last year (July and then October) and both were cancelled

Comment

• I don't plan a trip, but I feel sorry for all the travelling agencies now. In general, I feel sorry for everyone who has to suffer financially in this pity situation.

Comment

• I do need a holiday. I haven’t left the UK since 2005. I burn too easy and dislike too much heat (British summers can be too much) but Covid has me pining for a beach that isn’t looking on to the North Sea

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                  I had two booked for last year (July and then October) and both were cancelled
                  At the minute you have to show a negative test to get into Mexico, a friend of mine is Mexican and went back for a month at Christmas. ( He lives in Paris not UK) To get back into France he also had to show evidence of another negative on return. Don't think he had to quarantine on either side once he had the negative tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Turkey has plenty of holiday resorts - just stay local! Us Brits will have to make do with caravans and lodges
                    Restaurants and bars are closed here so people who can afford opt to fly Even if people stay local, there are millions of Rita Oras here who go from one party to another in private villas.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Not to forget Dubai. Lots of rich people and influencers leave 'to work' there at the moment.
                      I forgot about that. Many not as much as people who prefer US and Mexico.

Comment

I do need a holiday. I haven’t left the UK since 2005. I burn too easy and dislike too much heat (British summers can be too much) but Covid has me pining for a beach that isn’t looking on to the North Sea
                        Oh wow that's crazy. Did u travel at all? I couldn't imagine not travelling to another country for 16 years. I've only been to Austria last year besides a few inland trips and before that my last trip was to Canada/US in fall 2019 and I already miss it terribly
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Restaurants and bars are closed here so people who can afford opt to fly Even if people stay local, there are millions of Rita Oras here who go from one party to another in private villas.
                          Are there any rules on coming into Turkey at the minute as regards showing negative tests / quarantine etc.

A friend of mind had a hair transplant there two weeks ago and as far as I know he just walked off the airport into a car ( with the hair transplant company) and was brought to Istanbul, no test, quarantine nothing.

Comment

• For some people, it's also a financial issue. Not everyone can afford travelling to foreign countries on a yearly basis. And then, there are of course people who are afraid of flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

Oh wow that's crazy. Did u travel at all? I couldn't imagine not travelling to another country for 16 years. I've only been to Austria last year besides a few inland trips and before that my last trip was to Canada/US in fall 2019 and I already miss it terribly
                              Last year was the only year I haven't travelled at all. I generally take four to six trips per year between holidays and city breaks! . I can see this year slipping by without any foreign trips too though tbh.
                              Last edited by InFamous; Wed February 10, 2021, 17:08.

Comment

For some people, it's also a financial issue. Not everyone can afford travelling to foreign countries on a yearly basis. And then, there are of course people who are afraid of flying.
                                Definitely a huge privilege to be travelling to other countries let alone continents! But in EU/UK most of the time it's not really an issue if you can afford to travel inland you most likely also can to other countries. There's no real difference in price if you spent time in austria/france/italy/germany as long as your drive doesn't become significantly longer
                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Definitely a huge privilege to be travelling to other countries let alone continents! But in EU/UK most of the time it's not really an issue if you can afford to travel inland you most likely also can to other countries. There's no real difference in price if you spent time in austria/france/italy/germany as long as your drive doesn't become significantly longer
                                  I mean Travel has never been cheaper. You can get to anywhere in Europe quite cheaply with budget airlines and once you are there you have cheap options with buses and rail links. And you can always find cheap accomodation.

Comment

I’ve never been a sun seeker, but I’ve done the usual - I’ve been to France, Spain, Greece, the US etc. I can’t sit on a lounger all day worshipping the sun - it bores me silly, and I’ve a fear of sunburn (though that has subsided in recent years).

I have family around the UK so generally travel to visit them and explore random British places. I love me a farmers market and a country village pub.

Comment

I’ve never been a sun seeker, but I’ve done the usual - I’ve been to France, Spain, Greece, the US etc. I can’t sit on a lounger all day worshipping the sun - it bores me silly, and I’ve a fear of sunburn (though that has subsided in recent years).

I have family around the UK so generally travel to visit them and explore random British places. I love me a farmers market and a country village pub.
                                      I would highly recommend Rome, a stunning city with so much to see and do, especially if you like Art and Architecture.

Comment

Neither can I, hence I don't go to the usual places... Perhaps you could discover some more obscure destinations that don't involve sitting all day on the beach?
                                        jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

Numbers are dropping steadily now in Germany with the incidence at below 70 and in many regions even below 50, but everyone and their mother is scared of the mutations and some people already fear another wave. Is it really inevitable or how would you interpret the situation?
                                          Numbers are dropping fast here too. We went from 700 cases a day (out of 20 000 tests daily) before our lockdown to 110-120 daily(out of 35 000 tests daily) a month after and we just opened shops again. If Germany is in lockdown, the falling numbers are to be expected and are bound to be reversed once lockdown is eased. Those numbers also ridicule the belief that the vaccinations are responsible for the falling numbers coming from the UK and Israel - both countries are in lockdown, lockdowns could be the causing factor and not the vaccines (especially after the news from Germany this week).

Mutations is something that happens with every virus in the world so there is no reason to panic with the mutations of this virus. One has to keep in mind that the UK has been sequencing coronavirus genomes at 60 times the rate of the USA and 360 times the rate of Germany, as a result it is to be expected that there is a variant found in the UK, if Germany and the USA would sequence as much, they would have found their own variants by now. Some of the mutations won't be covered by the vaccines and for those mutations, drugs would have to be developed. That's why a proper strategy for fighting any virus, cannot be based on vaccines alone.
                                          jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

• Germany seem set to continue lockdown over concerns about the new variants :

The lockdown is set to be extended until March 14th.

Breaking here - https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/10/germ...-variants.html

Comment

• I'm glad I've seen the countries I really wanted to see. Don't think I'll travel so much anymore in the future. (There have been years we went five times in a year.)

School opened on Monday... so we are three days in and already children have been send home to go in quarantaine...
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                Germany seem set to continue lockdown over concerns about the new variants :

The lockdown is set to be extended until March 14th.

Breaking here - https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/10/germ...-variants.html
                                                Well, NRW wants to send primary schoolkids to school starting February 22nd... so I expect shit to really hit the fan in the beginning of March... as a country so behind with vaccine you can't just open schools IMO. Sure they say they look into getting teachers vaccinated earlier than planned, but before you blink, teachers are 5 weeks working, everyone says it works and they won't speak no further of this earlier vaccination... expect school closings by March

Comment

• The incidence in Germany is down to 64. 50 is no longer the final goal (that's 35) but a checkpoint, which we are approaching. Hotspot status is 200+ and that affects 5 regions in Germany. It's, fortunately, going in the right direction.
                                                  Last edited by theMathematician; Thu February 11, 2021, 15:30.

Comment

• As lockdown in Germany has been extended to 7th March here is an interesting article from the NYT on how Germany lost control during the second wave :

It has been reported that hairdressers will be allowed to open on 1st March, with strict hygeine regulations.
                                                    Out of all the sectors, they really have suffered the least.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/11/o...cond-wave.html

Comment

Working...
                                                    X