Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    The UK announcing stadiums, arenas, theatre re-opening in the summer doesn’t mean events will ago ahead - who is to say if the demand will be there from the public?

I love going to live events but I won’t be comfortable going to any events until I’ve had both vaccinations - which based on Boris’s claims, I should have by the end of September 2020. I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat.

In terms of concerts, it will be interesting to see what happens regarding ticket prices too. I think a lot of acts will need to drop prices if they want to tour 2021/2022.
    I'm optimistic, I think most people are chomping at the bit to get out there and live life again, especially younger people. I think demand will be high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

I'm optimistic, I think most people are chomping at the bit to get out there and live life again, especially younger people. I think demand will be high.
      They are and younger acts with younger audiences might do well. But your more established acts that tour regularly and have ticket prices higher than a mortgage replacement may not have quite the same pull.

Then there’s the fact people have been eating into their disposable income, the economy is trash, jobs are going and possibly that people might just be looking for cheaper activities they can do in groups, rather than concerts etc.

It could go either way. I know I’m desperate for some live entertainment - I haven’t seen someone sing on stage since February 2020. It’s killing me.
      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

They are and younger acts with younger audiences might do well. But your more established acts that tour regularly and have ticket prices higher than a mortgage replacement may not have quite the same pull.

Then there’s the fact people have been eating into their disposable income, the economy is trash, jobs are going and possibly that people might just be looking for cheaper activities they can do in groups, rather than concerts etc.

It could go either way. I know I’m desperate for some love entertainment - I haven’t seen someone sing on stage since February 2020. It’s killing me.
        I could do a Zoom performance for you if you want. I could do a mix of Cheryl and Madonna cover songs. I also do some Dua.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Fake news, of the closed cases 3 percent have died which amounts to almost 2.5 million people.

As we speak a further 93000 are in a serious or critical condition.
          ????

Death rate is around 0.2% in most places
          jio CHARTS NOW: 23/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10567062

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

????

Death rate is around 0.2% in most places
            The overall rate is 3 percent. Check worldometer.
            Last edited by InFamous; Yesterday, 02:55.

Comment

• That's the case fatality rate though.. not the mortality rate... it doesn't include undiagnosed individuals (who are A LOT) and usually drops in countries that they do more random testing. In Israel for example (that does more testing than any other country in the world) the case mortality rate is 0.7%. In my country that does the most testing in the EU (relative to population), the case mortality rate is also at 0.7%. In Diamond Princess boat (where we essentially had a close society that everyone could be tested), the case mortality rate was estimated at 0.5%.

So the death rate (which is still an estimation at this point) is somewhere around there not more than 0.7% certainly and at 0.2% according to a Stanford research paper I read.
              jio CHARTS NOW: 23/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10567062

Comment

• Death rate among the whole population or among infected cases? If it's the latter, the death rate is much higher in my region (5%+).
                You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                I should walk away.
                Oh, I should walk away.
                But I think I'll stay.
                (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• No... case fatality rate= number of deaths among diagnosed cases (the 5% in your country and the 3% InFamous is quoting wrongly as the death rate) - different for every country as it depends on the number of testing done and to whom (proportion of random tests in comparison to tests at symptomatic individuals or contacts of confirmed cases)

death rate= an estimation of the number of deaths among all infected people. It's an estimation because we still don't know how many are asymptomatic but we can get a clearer picture in countries where they do a lot of random testing

Comment

• As if there haven't been thousands of unreported deaths in certain areas.
                    also I never even used the term death rate in my original post. Asymptotic cases aren't important.

Comment

• Em of course asymptomatic cases are important in determining how dangerous a virus is...

And I think it's a bit hard to have unreported deaths from Covid... it's the exact opposite that was happening in many countries actually...

Comment

• Yawn. From the reported data the percentage of people who have died is 3 percent and approx 2.5 million people. Use whatever term you want and keep trying to minimize it if that furthers whatever narrative you want to push this evening.

Comment

• Nobody seems to be talking about the drop in daily vaccinations and I wonder what the reason for it is. In the push to reach the Feb 15 target they were vaccinating nearly half a million people with first dose a day, it now seems to be more like 150,000. Is there a supply issue or perhaps more people are getting their second doses?
                          1 Pale Waves |2 Fred Falke|3 Louie Vega|4 Riton |5 Rag N Bone Man

Comment

Yawn. From the reported data the percentage of people who have died is 3 percent and approx 2.5 million people. Use whatever term you want and keep trying to minimize it if that furthers whatever narrative you want to push this evening.
                            I dıdn't challenge your number... I just told you its correct name...

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                              Nobody seems to be talking about the drop in daily vaccinations and I wonder what the reason for it is. In the push to reach the Feb 15 target they were vaccinating nearly half a million people with first dose a day, it now seems to be more like 150,000. Is there a supply issue or perhaps more people are getting their second doses?
                              I believe they’re in the process of sending letters out to the next groups, inviting people to make appointments. Takes time I suppose and isn’t as fluid as it could be.
                              Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                There's a difference between reporting about wars and fearmongering about how deadly and dangerous a virus killing less than 1% of the infected is.
                                I see you haven't bothered looking at statistics about the flu either, your arguments being "seen that so I'm right". Sounds like a pointless discussion...
                                Now I know why you're so scared of everyone who thinks differently and has the courage to challenge dubious news - your propaganda sources have already created labels of conspiration freaks. Keep on repeating them if it makes you feel smart, we'll see who will laugh when more evidence leaks about how this pandemic had all been planned.
                                The only one who comes across as scared is you. But seeing you think the pandemic "had all been planned".... says it all really.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Fake news, of the closed cases 3 percent have died which amounts to almost 2.5 million people.

As we speak a further 93000 are in a serious or critical condition.
                                  Incorrect maths as the worldometers website has it as a little over 2% however we're talking about deaths of people with Covid, not necessarily "because of Covid".
                                  In Poland for instance there were 247 deaths today but only 47 of them were caused by Covid, the remaining 200 people died because of other conditions. For the last couple of months this data is officially communicated on a daily basis after a public outrage burst when it was revealed that many people were incorrectly classified as victims of Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                    The only one who comes across as scared is you. But seeing you think the pandemic "had all been planned".... says it all really.
                                    Even if I gave you a proof in front of your eyes, you wouldn't believe it unless it's communicated on national news so there's hardly any purpose to further debate it.
                                    I can assure you that I have not feel scared even once since the beginning of this circus, just having fun observing frightened and obedient people on a leash dancing like monkeys to more and more absurd measures.

Comment

Incorrect maths as the worldometers website has it as a little over 2% however we're talking about deaths of people with Covid, not necessarily "because of Covid".
                                      In Poland for instance there were 247 deaths today but only 47 of them were caused by Covid, the remaining 200 people died because of other conditions. For the last couple of months this data is officially communicated on a daily basis after a public outrage burst when it was revealed that many people were incorrectly classified as victims of Covid.
                                      Its 3 percent.

Cases which had an outcome:

88,193,712 (97%)
                                      Recovered / Discharged

2,494,666 (3%)
                                      Deaths

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                        Nobody seems to be talking about the drop in daily vaccinations and I wonder what the reason for it is. In the push to reach the Feb 15 target they were vaccinating nearly half a million people with first dose a day, it now seems to be more like 150,000. Is there a supply issue or perhaps more people are getting their second doses?
                                        They have to stockpile the vaccine for the people who need the 2nd injection.

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampp...ne-supply-dips

Comment

• In most countries, they don't distinguish between 'dying with Covid' and 'dying due to Covid', so there is probably no data available for that. What we know is that the average dead person is roubdabout 80 years old and that most of the people dying with/due to Covid are senior citizens.
                                          I should walk away.
                                          Oh, I should walk away.
                                          But I think I'll stay.
                                          (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

Even if I gave you a proof in front of your eyes, you wouldn't believe it unless it's communicated on national news so there's hardly any purpose to further debate it.
                                            I can assure you that I have not feel scared even once since the beginning of this circus, just having fun observing frightened and obedient people on a leash dancing like monkeys to more and more absurd measures.
                                            So you dance around the question of what exactly it is you think is a conspiracy theory, and then you tell us that we wouldn't believe it anyway.
                                            I think you don't know what you believe but you definitely dont want to believe it's a killer virus and will latch on to any vague conspiracy theory that you've read online, whilst screaming 'lies!' at anything mainstream media has to say.

Comment

• I guess I'm one of the people not to ridicule people with different views or opinions, but yeah, I'm not sure which point maroon is trying to make here.
                                              I should walk away.
                                              Oh, I should walk away.
                                              But I think I'll stay.
                                              (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Time to stop going around in circles, let’s move on.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• ^ Great news.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X