Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article about Germany and covid from Politico:

It seems that German offices still use FAX machines to communicate. What sort of backwardness ? No wonder communication is slow

https://www.politico.eu/article/trap...rus-nightmare/

Comment

• The guy i know in Zwickau has just told me that the district next to him has ruled that to go to a hairdresser you need a Covid test

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
        Could the problem be public transport?
        In parts, but it's not the main problem. In the beginning, young people got infected in public transports because there haven't been enough busses and trains, but afaik, they have started instating more vehicles in the meantime. On top of that, more people get infected in rural regions, where people tend to travel by car, than in urban regions, where people tend to use public transport.
        At the moment, the incidences rise in the regions bordering the Czech republic.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

In parts, but it's not the main problem. In the beginning, young people got infected in public transports because there haven't been enough busses and trains, but afaik, they have started instating more vehicles in the meantime. On top of that, more people get infected in rural regions, where people tend to travel by car, than in urban regions, where people tend to use public transport.
          At the moment, the incidences rise in the regions bordering the Czech republic.
          Well, the Czech Republic and western Slovakia seem to be the latest hotspot of Europe so that is to be expected
          jio CHARTS NOW: 23/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10591548

Comment

the ones who still work have to have tests every week or second week depending on the job
            What if people refuses to have a test?
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Highest vaccine rates worldwide (1 mio.+ countries only):
              1. Israel - 92.5%
              2. United Arab Emirates - 60.8%
              3. United Kingdom - 30.1%
              4. United States - 22%
              5. Serbia - 21.1%
              6. Chile - 17.6%
              7. Bahrain - 17.4%
              8. Denmark - 10.3%
              9. Turkey - 10.1%
              10. Morocco - 9.8%
              11. Lithuania - 8.7%
              12. Switzerland - 8.7%
              13. Poland - 8.6%
              14. Norway - 8.6%
              15. Greece - 8.5%
              16. Estonia - 8.4%
              17. Hungary - 8.4%
              18. Slovenia - 8.3%
              19. Portugal - 8.2%
              20. Finland - 8%
              21. Slovakia - 8%
              22. Ireland - 7.9%
              23. Romania - 7.9%
              24. Spain - 7.7%
              25. Sweden - 7.1%
              26. Germany - 7.1%

(source)

Comment

• I think the percentage is kind of meaningless seeing as there are massive difference in population from country to country.

Comment

• 20,089,551 people have now had the 1st vaccine in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

What if people refuses to have a test?
                    Actually some people have sued the government over this - courts have yet to decide. Basically in small businesses (not sure about the exact number of employees) all employees need to be able to produce a negative rapid test not older than a week otherwise both business and individual could get fined. Bigger businesses need to have all their employees produce such a test not older than two weeks (initially it was 5 weeks but then changed) as well as a list by the management saying who is supposed to get tested at which week. There are random checks and fines. All tests are free of charge (i.e. the taxpayer pays and someone makes huge profit). We are the EU country with most tests per capita btw.
                    jio CHARTS NOW: 23/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10591548

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      Highest vaccine rates worldwide (1 mio.+ countries only):

26. Germany - 7.1%

(source)
                      I think the meaningful graph is the other one at the bottom of the page

Comment

• How is France doing? Are they doing worse than Germany?
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Germany is at #6, France at #24

Comment

• Per 100 people - to 27th February, unless otherwise stated...

Israel
                            United Arab Emirates
                            United Kingdom
                            30.13 (Feb 26, 2021)
                            United States
                            Serbia
                            Chile
                            Bahrain
                            Denmark
                            10.26 (Feb 26, 2021)
                            Turkey
                            Morocco
                            Switzerland
                            8.65 (Feb 24, 2021)
                            Poland
                            8.64 (Feb 26, 2021)
                            Romania
                            Spain
                            7.71 (Feb 25, 2021)
                            Germany
                            7.05 (Feb 26, 2021)
                            Italy
                            France
                            6.6 (Feb 26, 2021)
                            Canada
                            4.71 (Feb 26, 2021)
                            Brazil
                            China
                            2.82 (Feb 9, 2021)
                            Russia
                            2.67 (Feb 10, 2021)
                            Bangladesh
                            India
                            Indonesia

Comment

• Those numbers are jabs per 100 people - so not very meaningful

Comment

• I'm surprised about Russia and China being low on the list. Didn't they develop an own vaccine actually?

A progressive country like Germany being at No. 26 on the list is another symbol for how the German government has messed up Corona politics since November.

Comment

• Well I mean when a large amount of people in Germany are refusing the vaccine it's incorrect to say the fault is all that of the government.

Also the fact that Germany still use fax machines as a main form of communication, has little WiFi access and poor internet speed is a great shock to me.

Perhaps Germany is not as progressive as she would like the world to think?
                                  Last edited by InFamous; Sun February 28, 2021, 18:37.

Comment

• Where the fax machine thing came from?

Comment

• It's mentioned in the article I linked above from politico. Apart from its bias towards Merkel it's very informative
                                      and interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        Well I mean when a large amount of people in Germany are refusing the vaccine it's incorrect to say the fault is all that of the government.

Also the fact that Germany still use fax machines as a main form of communication, has little WiFi access and poor internet speed is a great shock to me.

Perhaps Germany is not as progressive as she would like the world to think?
                                        They are probably the ones who have Turkish origins
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• A few friends of my parents decided to have the vaccine after hearing my mom had the first dose. And their friends decided to have it after them. So people are looking up to people they trust instead of politicians or scientists.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Those numbers are jabs per 100 people - so not very meaningful
                                            Why are they not meaningful? That's how infection rates are generally measured, why shouldn't vaccination rates also be measured like that? IMO, it gives the best indication of how well countries are doing, relatively speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Why are they not meaningful? That's how infection rates are generally measured, why shouldn't vaccination rates also be measured like that? IMO, it gives the best indication of how well countries are doing, relatively speaking.
                                              He told me a few weeks ago that it was the ONLY way to measure anything in a meaningful scientific way lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

because it's jabs per 100 people. It doesn't differentiate whether someone took 1 or 2 jabs.There is another graph that shows number of people who received a vaccine per 100 people and there you will see that Israel is at around 50% (although that too doesn;t tell us how many received one or two jabs although that can be calculated by combining the two set of data)
                                                Last edited by jio; Sun February 28, 2021, 20:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  A few friends of my parents decided to have the vaccine after hearing my mom had the first dose. And their friends decided to have it after them. So people are looking up to people they trust instead of politicians or scientists.
                                                  My dad took it as well and he is absolutely fine. My mum is next week (with another company)

Comment

because it's jabs per 100 people. It doesn't differentiate whether someone took 1 or 2 jabs. There is another graph that shows number of people who received a vaccine per 100 people and there you will see that Israel is at around 50% (although that too doesn;t tell us how many received one or two jabs)
                                                    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X