No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m confused, because I thought they’d discovered that a longer gap between the two jabs offered more efficient protection?
    1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

• All this talk of jabs is making me wanna pound someone. Theres a new buzz word every week.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        All this talk of jabs is making me wanna pound someone. Theres a new buzz word every week.
        Last weeks was Road Map. We’ve also had Tiers, R Number, Lockdown, Rule Of 6, Support Bubble and Key Workers. If we’d heard any of this a year ago we would have been like

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Last weeks was Road Map. We’ve also had Tiers, R Number, Lockdown, Rule Of 6, Support Bubble and Key Workers. If we’d heard any of this a year ago we would have been like
          I know, is like a whole new language, Covidish.

Virtual also, virtual everything.

I did have sex a few weeks ago with face masks on which is something I never thought I would do but it was pretty hot

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I know, is like a whole new language, Covidish.

Virtual also, virtual everything.

I did have sex a few weeks ago with face masks on which is something I never thought I would do but it was pretty hot
            Glad to hear you’re practicing safe sex.

Comment

Glad to hear you’re practicing safe sex.
              It's been challenging being a single in the world of Covid but I made it work

Comment

• I do often wonder how things would have been for me if this had happened at different points in my life. I can't imagine this all kicking off while I was at school. Or if this had happened ten years ago I'd probably have ended up moving back to my Mums and then my life would have taken a turn. Or if I'd been in my previous job running a pub I'd probably be flat broke now.

Comment

I do often wonder how things would have been for me if this had happened at different points in my life. I can't imagine this all kicking off while I was at school. Or if this had happened ten years ago I'd probably have ended up moving back to my Mums and then my life would have taken a turn. Or if I'd been in my previous job running a pub I'd probably be flat broke now.
                  Oh I was only talking about a sex point of view but I know what you mean. I'm not an overly speculative person

Comment

I do often wonder how things would have been for me if this had happened at different points in my life. I can't imagine this all kicking off while I was at school. Or if this had happened ten years ago I'd probably have ended up moving back to my Mums and then my life would have taken a turn. Or if I'd been in my previous job running a pub I'd probably be flat broke now.
                    I sometimes wonder the same. If this pandemic would have started when I was studying then it would have eliminated both of my jobs at Uni & at a Restaurant and I would have had to go back and live with my parents which would have impacted my life for the worse.

I am thankful that this whole mess found me when I have already finished studies long ago and have a stable office job
                    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• In early March, 2 months after the vaccination process started, 4.4% of the people in my region received their first dose of the vaccine.
                      Pro: freedom of speech
                      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

We talked about it earlier in the thread, but I just can’t imagine a global pandemic pre-internet. The amount of reliance on it this last year to work from home, stay in touch with friends and family, and to just keep myself entertained (be that downloading games, ebooks, podcasts, music, buying stuff online to do etc) has been absolutely huge.

But my parents have said I wouldn’t have been allowed to go to school if this was happening back then. I couldn’t have done my degree if this was happening then. I’ve had jobs where I couldn’t have worked remotely and when I was first starting out on my own, living hand to mouth (as you do) I probably would have had to defeat and moved home.

It’s quite scary thinking about it, as loads of people are going to be in similar situations and worse circumstances right now.
                        “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I remember that thread. To be honest, I disliked the attitude of many people during the last year that went like 'We can't do it in person? Let's do it via the internet!'. Well, what about not doing it at all for once and find analog alternatives that work just as good? I'm sure we would've found a way to survive the pandemic without the internet, maybe, just maybe, even better than we do now.

Comment

• Isle of Man to go back into lockdown again from Wednesday:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europ...f-man-56245100

They only came out of lockdown a month ago..

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              I remember that thread. To be honest, I disliked the attitude of many people during the last year that went like 'We can't do it in person? Let's do it via the internet!'. Well, what about not doing it at all for once and find analog alternatives that work just as good? I'm sure we would've found a way to survive the pandemic without the internet, maybe, just maybe, even better than we do now.
                              Didnt you write in random thoughts that you spend hours upon hours talking to people you have never met via online messenger apps. And you are probably one of the members who is online the most here daily. Are you sure you would manage so easily without internet ?

How would you have done your home schooling ?

How would you have ordered your online CD's ?

How would you have passed the days, seeing as you already routinely complain that you are bored and going mental WITH internet ?
                              Last edited by InFamous; Tue March 2, 2021, 21:19.

Comment

• I also wonder what this would’ve been like in the 90s (for example) without the internet and people being unable to learn or work from home, but in some respects it makes me wonder if the fact we were less travelled back then means it wouldn’t have spread so rapidly and widely?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  I remember that thread. To be honest, I disliked the attitude of many people during the last year that went like 'We can't do it in person? Let's do it via the internet!'. Well, what about not doing it at all for once and find analog alternatives that work just as good? I'm sure we would've found a way to survive the pandemic without the internet, maybe, just maybe, even better than we do now.
                                  That’s a naive approach though when you get into it. No one is saying we couldn’t have survived without the internet, but in terms of keeping ourselves occupied and connected with people, working and earning money, it’s gone a long, long way towards helping a lot of people.

Just think - no Netflix, no Spotify, no ebooks. No FaceTime, no Teams, no Zoom, no whatsapp. No ebooks, no Amazon, no eBay. It would be like turning your internet off tomorrow and not having it for three months and not being allowed out to the shops to buy something new to do.
                                  “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                    I also wonder what this would’ve been like in the 90s (for example) without the internet and people being unable to learn or work from home, but in some respects it makes me wonder if the fact we were less travelled back then means it wouldn’t have spread so rapidly and widely?
                                    The world is definitely smaller now, but based on how Boris refused to shut the borders I’m not sure it would have made much difference. Spanish Flu back in the 1920s went global and it was rare people left their own villages, let alone country, so I guess it would have found a way one way or another.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I am addicted to internet too and spend lots of time online but I also remember the time before the internet and I genuinely think it was far better then. And yes, I do think the situation would have been better without it but I can't be bothered to explain why
                                      jio CHARTS NOW: 3/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10680609

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                        I am addicted to internet too and spend lots of time online but I also remember the time before the internet and I genuinely think it was far better then. And yes, I do think the situation would have been better without it but I can't be bothered to explain why
                                        Sounds like you can't really and are just saying that to be contrarion.

Comment

• So I heard today about this teenager I know who had corona in December and already got it again.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Texas and Florida to remove all anti-Covid restrictions next week. Watch there not be any significant differnece with or without measures.

Hopefully it has a chain reaction to all of the US and then WW. Greatest Country On Earth USA leading the pack as per usual.

Some stagnant and incompetent central european FADS can't relate
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

• @aRat: Does that mean no mask and no social distancing as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                Texas and Florida to remove all anti-Covid restrictions next week. Watch there not be any significant differnece with or without measures.

Hopefully it has a chain reaction to all of the US and then WW. Greatest Country On Earth USA leading the pack as per usual.

Meanwhile in Germany measures are set to be extended until March 28th, although flower shops will be allowed to open, under strict hygeine conditions of course

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                  Texas and Florida to remove all anti-Covid restrictions next week. Watch there not be any significant differnece with or without measures.

Edit: Seems like Florida already abolished all Covid rules and nothing happened

Texas and now Mississipi to follow next week.

Who would have thot it would be conservative states to start the anti-Measures revolutuion? I'll take anything to get us out of this self made Covid bubble though

98 - OUT

Comment

• Meanwhile Sweden are facing into a third wave as infections rise by 10 percent and stricter measures are set to be announced.

The B b B but Sweden people never mention Sweden anymore, they have all moved on to New Zealand

Story here - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-week-row.html

Comment

Working...
                                                    X