Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Edit: Seems like Florida already abolished all Covid rules and nothing happened

Texas and now Mississipi to follow next week.

Who would have thot it would be conservative states to start the anti-Measures revolutuion? I'll take anything to get us out of this self made Covid bubble though
    I guess if you count 150 people dying daily and a total of around 30000 in Florida state then yes nothing happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Meanwhile in Germany measures are set to be extended until March 28th, although flower shops will be allowed to open, under strict hygeine conditions of course
      No1curr. All parks and outside places are packed with large groups of people not giving a damn about masks or anything.

Even at their homes people have started gathering for house parties and barbeques.

They can announce a million lockdowns it will only affect businesses. The GP is done with all this BS. But ofc the incompetent state has no clue what's really going on everyhwere since they are too disconncted & out of touch with everything
      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

Comment

No1curr. All parks and outside places are packed with large groups of people not giving a damn about masks or anything.

Even at their homes people have started gathering for house parties and barbeques.

They can announce a million lockdowns it will only affect businesses. The GP is done with all this BS. But ofc the incompetent state has no clue what's really going on everyhwere since they are too disconncted & out of touch with everything
        Put it in a fax.

Comment

• How can the US be done with all the BS when they’ve barely been in lockdown at all

Comment

• They should just let people do whatever they want to do providing they sign a paper saying "they will not seek treatment if they catch covid-19". If they survive, all is good, if they die it will be natural selection.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I never felt so close to aRat on this forum before, but he's on point with what he says. A few days ago, an acquaintance said that her neighbour had celebrated with a bunch of friends in his appartment recently. And still... The shops with all their concepts are supposed to be the real threat?
              Goerki is a fitness You Tuber, and I love what he said about the politicians in charge in a recent video about the gyms still being closed after months and them not allowing any compromises: They just don't bother because they all look unhealthy being overweight and probably hardly doing any sports. I was shocked when I recently saw the health minister of NRW, and Altmaier (economics minister of Germany) probably isn't a frequent client of gyms eithrr.

Comment

• Gyms aren’t a necessity. You can exercise in many different ways anywhere you want. And wouldn’t it be ridiculously easy for virus’ to spread in a gym?

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                  Gyms aren’t a necessity. You can exercise in many different ways anywhere you want. And wouldn’t it be ridiculously easy for virus’ to spread in a gym?
                  Exactly. I am so sick of people whinging about gyms being closed and reading things like " The gym used to be my sanctuary", " I am lost without the gym", " The gym where I went to release anger etc"

Let me break it down - if someone is THAT dependent on going into a room with machines and some lumps of iron to cope with life then that is not a good situation and they probably have a lot of underlying issues that need to be unravelled.. As humans we need to be adaptable and flexible. People can train at home or train outside. Outdoor gyms are everywhere these days. And yes gyms would absolutely be a hotbed of infection and spread potential - literally the worst place to go in a pandemic.

Comment

• Also regarding people in Germany having parties in apartments - they are not supposed to be doing that, so if they continue to do so and numbers dont come down and if measures and lockdowns continue, you can thank those people for not following the rules and prologing things.

Comment

Gyms aren’t a necessity. You can exercise in many different ways anywhere you want. And wouldn’t it be ridiculously easy for virus’ to spread in a gym?
                      No, it would not. Keep in mind that some people also train at the gym for health and not just for aesthetic reasons!

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

No, it would not. Keep in mind that some people also train at the gym for health and not just for aesthetic reasons!
                        Of course it does, when breathing heavy from work outs, you project more and the germs spread across area's at a faster rate.

Everyone knows that!

Comment

Completely incorrect. Gyms would be a hotbed of infection. Sweaty people breathing all over each other and touching everything. Maybe you need to read again about how the virus actually spreads. The reasons people go to a gym are irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post

Of course it does, when breathing heavy from work outs, you project more and the germs spread across area's at a faster rate.

Everyone knows that!
                            Simple logic and common sense..

He claimed before that the virus doesnt spread in crowded rooms.

Comment

• Yeah since so many people got the virus from working out at the gym. Except they didn't. How many people do you know that did so?

Comment

• Gyms are probably the worst place to go in the middle of a pandemic, will be a breading place for covid.

Comment

• A great article on gyms and their superspreader nature:

PANTING
                                  SPEWING DROPLETS
                                  POOR VENTILATION

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...risk-1.5146121

Literally has been proven and shown by countless studies over the last year. As well as being basic common sense, obviously.

Studies have long pointed to gyms as a particularly dangerous venue for spreading the coronavirus, as many people from different households pack into indoor rooms where they breathe heavily and sometimes work with instructors who yell instructions during classes.

Candada traced a big outbreak back to a gym which held spinning classes:

https://www.today.com/health/gyms-co...canada-t194775

Gyms should be the LAST thing to open.

Comment

This is why the lockdown in Germany keeps getting extended. If those folk keep on doing this, then going home or to meet others, it's a potential virus spreader.
                                    So you can't complain about the government when it's people doing it themselves.

Comment

There is literally bodily fluid everywhere. They’re not safe. And the only type of health I had in my head while typing this was mental health. Exercise is hugely important especially at this time. But again I stress, you do not need a gym to exercise.

Comment

• Originally posted by wave View Post

This is why the lockdown in Germany keeps getting extended. If those folk keep on doing this, then going home or to meet others, it's a potential virus spreader.
                                        So you can't complain about the government when it's people doing it themselves.
                                        No one said that the government is supposed to do nothing, they are supposed to do the right thing. And if people meet in private on the regular, how does closing infrastructure help there?

@jason2379: Older folks can't properly workout at home, they need professional help. There are not just 20-something-year old people going to the gym.

Comment

• Older people are the most at risk with Covid. All the more reason why they shouldn’t be anywhere near a gym.

Comment

Older people are the most at risk with Covid. All the more reason why they shouldn’t be anywhere near a gym.
                                            I'm sure they're able to decide on their own. So I'm kind of vibing with spiritboy, who says that if you can handle the risk that comes along with it, you should do it. Before the last lockdown, I went to the gym on a regular basis and always felt very safe.

Comment

I'm sure they're able to decide on their own. So I'm kind of vibing with spiritboy, who says that if you can handle the risk that comes along with it, you should do it. Before the last lockdown, I went to the gym on a regular basis and always felt very safe.
                                              But it's not just about that person's health, it's where he/she goes after, home/work. Then those people spread it to someone else, and those spread it to more and more.

Comment

• 2021 and people still not understanding this virus

Comment

Older people are the most at risk with Covid. All the more reason why they shouldn’t be anywhere near a gym.
                                                  Imagine thinking its ok to gather groups of the most vulnerable people together in poorly ventilated rooms with people sweating everywhere and panting and breathing heavy all around them. The mind truly boggles.

Also loads of gyms have been doing zoom classes to cater for all ages and fitness levels and also facebook lives.
                                                  So again it is all about adapting and using common sense.
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Wed March 3, 2021, 19:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                    They should just let people do whatever they want to do providing they sign a paper saying "they will not seek treatment if they catch covid-19". If they survive, all is good, if they die it will be natural selection.
                                                    That approach cannot really work though when these people are going to be out in society spreading it around to loads of innocent people. Its impossible for people to do what they want and function in soceity without impacting others
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Wed March 3, 2021, 19:27.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X