No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say an older guy, 50? Went to the gym, and about 20 other people in there at the same time - all it takes is one person to have covid.
    That older guy, will probably be married/partner and have kids (teans). He spreads it to those in his family, and they spread it to other kids they hang about with, those other kids go back home and then their parents have covid.

That's with just one person going to the gym, what if 5 out of those 20 had covid from going to that gym the same day. It's a super spreader, and why gyms are closed.

​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
      Say an older guy, 50? Went to the gym, and about 20 other people in there at the same time - all it takes is one person to have covid.
      That older guy, will probably be married/partner and have kids (teans). He spreads it to those in his family, and they spread it to other kids they hang about with, those other kids go back home and then their parents have covid.

That's with just one person going to the gym, what if 5 out of those 20 had covid from going to that gym the same day. It's a super spreader, and why gyms are closed.

​​​​
      Did you read the case study I posted where up to 70 people caught covid from a spinning class and then up to 200 more households were effected in the community as a result. Truly a super spreader disaster zone.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I got my second dose of Pfizer vaccine on Monday...felt a bit achy the next day but got sorted it out with 2 tylenols, however, this morning woke up with sore arm and discomfort under my arm pit...I looked in the mirror and I can see a swollen lymph node under my arm pit. Not going to lie that I got a little scared but then apparently it's one of the side effect...there are even NY Times and many other articles that are talking about it.

I was just thinking how terrible must have been for people (especially women) with cancer history waking up with swollen lymph nodes!!!

Cheers.

Comment

• @Parkelife: Covid doesn't spread through the air but through close body contact. When there's enough space between the machines, you wear masks while walking from machine to machine and people clean the machines after using them, no one's getting infected. Apart from theoretical assumptions, how many people do you know who got infected in gyms? I don't know a single one. If people don't go to public infrastucture with hygiene measurements, they meet in private without any hygiene measurements. What's better?

Besides, we can't wait until there's 0% risk because 0% risk is impossible in life anyway, so there will have to be a point when they say: 'It's up to you to decide whether you are willing to accept the risk and do this or that or not.'.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            @Parkelife: Covid doesn't spread through the air but through close body contact.
            False, super false. Plenty of proven cases of infection through the air. There is a study case where someone in a restaurant infected nine others including someone almost 10 meter away, in line with the air conditioner. It's an airborne disease. I know someone that got infected with no close contact with anyone except running together with masks on outdoors.

"Apart from theoretical assumptions, how many people do you know who got infected in gyms? I don't know a single one."
            Well here in Northern Norway there was a recent outbreak of 21 infected linked to a gym. So...

With that said, I'm fed up with the whole situation and willing to take risks for myself, still minding about others though. I got to a point where it started affecting quite a bit, also tired of certain stupid measures, and of many people not giving a shit to the point where it becomes useless worrying for something which is gonna get to you anyway.
            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

@Parkelife: Covid doesn't spread through the air but through close body contact. .
              Stop spreading false information.
              Last edited by InFamous; Wed March 3, 2021, 21:37.

Comment

• Meanwhile in the Netherlands.

"An explosive went off at a coronavirus testing centre north of Amsterdam in the Netherlands early this morning, shattering windows but causing no injuries in what police called an intentional attack.

An explosives team was on site in the town of Bovenkarspel, 55km north of the capital, to examine the device, police in the province of North Holland said"

Comment

• DnBLover : They recently did a few experiments on national TV including what you mentioned, running outdoors with masks on. They came up with the result that it's highly unlikely to get infected that way. Of course, there's a remaining risk but it's probably comparable to winning in the lottery.
                  I still am highly convinced that the vast majority of cases comes from close body contact for at least a couple of minutes.

Comment

• So the virus is being spread by mass orgies across the world. Could you be any more delusional ?

Comment

DnBLover : They recently did a few experiments on national TV including what you mentioned, running outdoors with masks on. They came up with the result that it's highly unlikely to get infected that way. Of course, there's a remaining risk but it's probably comparable to winning in the lottery.
                      I still am highly convinced that the vast majority of cases comes from close body contact for at least a couple of minutes.
                      Running outdoors with masks on, doesn't mean it doesn't travel through air.

A colleague of mine got covid from his father. He didn't touch his father at all. They tried to avoid all contact, but his father needed a ride, so my colleague decided to drive his father to his appointment as it was "only ten minutes together" in a car...
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Running outdoors with masks on, doesn't mean it doesn't travel through air.

A colleague of mine got covid from his father. He didn't touch his father at all. They tried to avoid all contact, but his father needed a ride, so my colleague decided to drive his father to his appointment as it was "only ten minutes together" in a car...
                        Interesting. And just shows that it is not related to body contact and you can get it even with a shorter timeframe that the accepted 15 minutes which is required to be considered a close contact. Thanks for sharing that story.

Comment

@Parkelife: Covid doesn't spread through the air but through close body contact.
                          It's been a year, please.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• @RayRay: Maybe it also depends on the immune system. There was a period when it took little and I instantly got a cold. Fortunately, I haven't been sick in more than a year. It seems like some people never get sick, and I assume those are the people who either don't get Corona too easily or at least recover quickly.

Regarding the air theory: I recently wrote the following in another forum of mine: If it was that easy to get the virus, all of us would've had it 5 times by now. Thus far, it's way below 10% of my country's population, which supports me in sticking with my theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                              With that said, I'm fed up with the whole situation and willing to take risks for myself, still minding about others though. I got to a point where it started affecting quite a bit, also tired of certain stupid measures, and of many people not giving a shit to the point where it becomes useless worrying for something which is gonna get to you anyway.

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                              98 - OUT

Comment

Regarding the air theory: I recently wrote the following in another forum of mine: If it was that easy to get the virus, all of us would've had it 5 times by now. Thus far, it's way below 10% of my country's population, which supports me in sticking with my theory.
                                If it didn't travel through the air, we wouldn't have to wear masks.

Comment

• Yes and no. It travels through air but only over small distances. If you stand right next to me, that's an issue. If you're at the other side of the rooms, no problem because aersols don't spread beyond about 2 metres at most.

Comment

Yes and no. It travels through air but only over small distances. If you stand right next to me, that's an issue. If you're at the other side of the rooms, no problem because aersols don't spread beyond about 2 metres at most.
                                    That's the big problem. A lot of people don't keep their distance while it's rule #1.

Comment

• Repeating the same misinformation over and over again is never going to make it true. And we have also known for almost a year that your chances of catching it or not relate to your immune system, as is the case with every respiratory illness.
                                      Which is why the advice has been out there since last march to strengthen your immune system as much as possible and also why people with compromised immune system are more prone to getting it. Also common knowledge for a year now.

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

It's been a year, please.

Last edited by InFamous; Thu March 4, 2021, 00:48.

Comment

• Germany's new rules got announced yesterday and they are very complicated, may I say. The main points are:
                                        - The period between both vaccines is going to be extended to the longest possible.
                                        - Next to the vaccination centers, other doctors will be allowed to provide the vaccines from late March on.
                                        - There are going to be self-applicable tests from April on and every German is going to get one for free once a week.
                                        - There's a 5-step-plan and depending on how high the incidence is, you may get certain rights back in a full or limited way. The magic number no longer is 35 but 50 per 100k people and it goes by the region's incidence, not Germany's. The plan automatically moves to the next step if the number stays low. If it goes to 100+, the plan for the region moves back to before step 1, which is the current state basically.

Comment

• Angela Merkel has announced an extension of Germanys lockdown until March 28th but with some easing of restrictions.

From March 8, book shops, florists and garden centers will be allowed to reopen with strict hygiene measures in place.
                                          Further reopenings possible later this month, depending on infection data.

Also from next week, up to five people from two different households will be permitted to meet, with children under the age of 14 not counting toward the total. Currently, a single guest from one other household is permitted.

There may be further looseings on March 22nd as long as infection rates are stable or show a decrease, with catering businesses allowed to reopen their outdoor spaces, and theaters, opera houses and cinemas to resume operations. Obviously gyms are not even on the radar for reopening yet.

However she warned that it may be needed to take steps back, if infection rates increase again beyond 100 per 100,000 for three consecutive days.
                                          In the meantime each German person will be given a state provided rapid test weekly, starting on March 8. So a big ramp up in testing.

Full story at politico: https://www.politico.eu/article/germ...irus-lockdown/
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Thu March 4, 2021, 16:16.

Comment

• The way I understood it, the March 8th option (=step 1) only applies to regions with incidences lower than 100. Others will have to reach that point first before starting with step 1.
                                            So it's not like all regions start with step 1 on that day.

Comment

• My state is opening ALL shops again... our 7-day-new-infection-rate is 47,7 / per 100,000 people.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                My state is opening ALL shops again... our 7-day-new-infection-rate is 47,7 / per 100,000 people.
                                                So does it go by state or by region? My state is at >50, my region is at <50.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  My state is opening ALL shops again... our 7-day-new-infection-rate is 47,7 / per 100,000 people.
                                                  Oh wow Schleiswig Holstein is about to get really busy

I imagine things arent gonna open in that one town where the rate is really high though ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Oh wow Schleiswig Holstein is about to get really busy

I imagine things arent gonna open in that one town where the rate is really high though ?
                                                    Handball queen and legend Miss Flensburg is probably not being allowed to go back to "normal".

See, Corona does not exist in my part of the world - and never has. Idk why we were forced to go into lockdown when ... we are opening all things up on Monday when in fact our infection rate is as high as it was in October / November 2020.

That is why we need to become an independent country. So that HRH Margrethe II. of Denmark can become our queen again.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X