Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

    Old biddies who are the ones were supposed to have sacrificed the last year to protect are wandering around supermarkets with masks around their chins. Pubs and restaurants seem a lot safer to me, I hate the blatant disregard for other people in supermarkets, regardless of how individuals feel about covid, we should have the manners to respect other people who may be frightened but need to shop.
    I can only be responsible for my own actions at this point. If I go to a supermarket that seems too busy to me or just uncomfortably busy I will just leave and come back at a later time. I do agree that people have no manners, hence my comment earlier about certain people thinking they have a right to space/ air etc etc. But these people will never change so I just avoid them and if someone gets too close to me i have no problem telling them to back off. . At the end of the day just protect yourself. If you feel safe in pubs etc thats totally cool, I am only saying that logically they only want the data in case an outbreak occurs because cant you meet now with up to six people, so you have potentially different households coming together in close contact.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

    Comment


    • Is the supermarket situation really that bad in the UK? I can't speak for all supermarkets in my country, but at least in mine, most people actually stick with the hygiene measurements.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

      Comment


      • You can meet outdoors as 6 but I think that's still with social distancing, We are yet to have confirmation with regards to hospitality reopening. Meanwhile I hear even sunbathers are having to wear masks on the beach in the Canaries. Glad I got my break last Summer, cant see a need for a mask while laying down 2m from others.
        1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
          You can meet outdoors as 6 but I think that's still with social distancing, We are yet to have confirmation with regards to hospitality reopening. Meanwhile I hear even sunbathers are having to wear masks on the beach in the Canaries. Glad I got my break last Summer, cant see a need for a mask while laying down 2m from others.
          I am sure you'd be fine as long as your todger is allowed to roam free

          But yeah masks on the beach is lame tbh.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

          Comment


          • so I see the UK is launching a passport trial after all. This could get messy as over 70 MPs are already announcing they are not in favour of it.
            Bleep Bloop Blop

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

              In a pub theres no masks though, in a supermarket there is, or should be at least. And if you feel people are in your space in the supermarket don't be afraid to tell them to back it up I mean its all a matter of opinion but I think it is pretty clear they just want to have contact numbers in case an outbreak happens so they can trace it. There is no other reason why they would want contact details.
              There is when you leave your table. I agree with taking details for pubs, it makes sense, I just think it’s double standards when hundreds of people a day can spend as long as they want in a shop.

              Comment


              • It's a bit weird vaccine passports is as contentious as it is since it's been something used a lot of times before. For people to enter the UK from certain countries, they have to present proof they've taken certain vaccinations.
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                  It's a bit weird vaccine passports is as contentious as it is since it's been something used a lot of times before. For people to enter the UK from certain countries, they have to present proof they've taken certain vaccinations.
                  I’m indifferent to them - not bothered if we have them one war or another. But these are for use within the UK to prove to essentially anyone that asks if you’ve had a vaccine or not. The argument is vaccination isn’t mandatory, so it’s a form of discrimination.

                  Bleep Bloop Blop

                  Comment


                  • Personally speaking, for me, what seems unfair, is that, we all took a year out of our life to protect the elderly and most vulnerable, and now they have been called to have their jabs, and I believe everyone in the vulnerable categories have at least been given the option to have their vaccine, it is the rest of us, the least vulnerable that end up potentially having continued limitations because our time for vaccination has not come yet.
                    1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                      I’m indifferent to them - not bothered if we have them one war or another. But these are for use within the UK to prove to essentially anyone that asks if you’ve had a vaccine or not. The argument is vaccination isn’t mandatory, so it’s a form of discrimination.
                      I guess I find it to be a bit weird it's such a huge issue given that it is in use currently.

                      I know when I was travelling to a country and coming back to the UK, I had to present my "vaccination passport" to get within the UK border - so it is mandatory in that sense. In the US, it's the same that Universities make it mandatory for you to have had certain vaccines in order to come to campus, and so forth.

                      Either way, I think the only way this should become enforceable is after everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated.
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Thriller View Post

                        There is when you leave your table. I agree with taking details for pubs, it makes sense, I just think it’s double standards when hundreds of people a day can spend as long as they want in a shop.
                        Personally I get in and out of the shops as quick as I can. Certainly not hanging around there socializing.
                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                        Pronouns: He / Him

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          In the US, it's the same that Universities make it mandatory for you to have had certain vaccines in order to come to campus, and so forth.
                          Really? I would argue that it's no one's business whether I'm vaccinated or not but mine and my doctor's,
                          Pro: freedom of speech
                          Contra: cancel culture

                          Comment


                          • I feel like a bad person for saying this but im really at the bottom when it comes to being vaccinated. I work for an airlines and I thought transportation employees would have been vaccinated in Oregon but we are dead last. They've allowed homeless and immigrants to get it before us and we are surrounded by new people everyday. Now they have allowed 16 and up but all of the appointments are booked up for the next month.

                            At this point.. f*** it!
                            Diva!!!

                            Comment


                            • New CDC guidance says that fully vaccinated people may travel:

                              Fully vaccinated can travel again, says new CDC guidance
                              https://apnews.com/article/public-he...1c5ff0e08ad717

                              NEW YORK (AP) — Add travel to the activities vaccinated Americans can enjoy again, according to new U.S. guidance issued Friday.

                              The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its guidance to say fully vaccinated people can travel within the U.S. without getting tested for the coronavirus or going into quarantine afterward.

                              Previously, the agency had cautioned against unnecessary travel even for vaccinated people, but noted that it would update its guidance as more people got vaccinated and evidence mounted about the protection the shots provide.

                              ”Every day you get more data, and you change your guidance based on the existing data,” said Dr. Ali Khan, dean of the University of Nebraska’s College of Public Health.

                              Khan said the update reinforces the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines, and is another incentive for people to get vaccinated.

                              According to the CDC, nearly 100 million people in the U.S. — or about 30% of the population — have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the last required dose of vaccine.

                              Unvaccinated people are still advised to avoid unnecessary travel.

                              The new guidance says:

                              — Fully vaccinated people can travel within the U.S., without getting tested for the coronavirus or quarantining. People should still wear a mask, socially distance and avoid crowds, the agency says.

                              For international travel, the agency says vaccinated people do not need to get a COVID-19 test before leaving, though some destinations may require it.

                              — Vaccinated people should still get a negative COVID-19 test before boarding a flight to the U.S., and be tested 3 to 5 days after returning. They do not need to quarantine. The agency noted the potential introduction of virus variants and differences in vaccine coverage around the world for the cautious guidance on overseas travel.


                              The CDC cited recent research on the real-world effects of the vaccines for its updated guidance. Already, the agency had said fully vaccinated people could visit with each other indoors without wearing masks or social distancing. It also said vaccinated people could visit with unvaccinated people from a single household under similar conditions, as long as the unvaccinated individuals were at low-risk for severe illness if infected

                              The U.S. began its vaccine rollout in mid-December with . The first vaccines — from Pfizer and Moderna — require two doses taken a few weeks apart. A one-shot vaccine by Johnson & Johnson was given the green light by regulators at the end of February.
                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jio View Post
                                for sure... I even feel it on myself, my patience is at an all-time low these days/months
                                I'm starting to get there as well. I may have to make a few changes.
                                Diva!!!

                                Comment


                                • Interesting! I wonder if other countries where vaccination proliferation is quite similar will follow this.

                                  Comment


                                  • Covid: 30 blood clot cases found in AstraZeneca recipients in the UK

                                    The UK's medicines watchdog says it has found 30 cases of rare blood clots in people who have had the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid vaccine.

                                    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56616119
                                    0.00016667% for those counting.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Wayne View Post

                                      0.00016667% for those counting.
                                      Is that more or less compared to what the usual distribution of blood clot cases is within the society?
                                      Pro: freedom of speech
                                      Contra: cancel culture

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                        Is that more or less compared to what the usual distribution of blood clot cases is within the society?
                                        Significantly less.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Wayne View Post

                                          Significantly less.
                                          Then it's a good sign actually, isn't it?
                                          Pro: freedom of speech
                                          Contra: cancel culture

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                            Then it's a good sign actually, isn't it?
                                            I think so, but others might not agree.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              New CDC guidance says that fully vaccinated people may travel:

                                              Fully vaccinated can travel again, says new CDC guidance

                                              What are people being given in the US to show they have the vaccination ? An ID or something ?
                                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                              Pronouns: He / Him

                                              Comment


                                              • Netherlands has also halted use of AZ for the under 60's until at least April 7th.

                                                "We must err on the side of caution, which is why it is wise to press the pause button now as a precaution," Health Minister Hugo de Jonge said in a statement.

                                                The suspension of AstraZeneca jabs lasts until 7 April when the European Medicines Agency (EMA) is expected to come out with fresh advice on the issue, he said.
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                  Netherlands has also halted use of AZ for the under 60's until at least April 7th.

                                                  "We must err on the side of caution, which is why it is wise to press the pause button now as a precaution," Health Minister Hugo de Jonge said in a statement.

                                                  The suspension of AstraZeneca jabs lasts until 7 April when the European Medicines Agency (EMA) is expected to come out with fresh advice on the issue, he said.
                                                  Which will come back as safe, and then they've pushed back their vaccination programme even further.
                                                  1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                    What are people being given in the US to show they have the vaccination ? An ID or something ?
                                                    Essentially. For the lack of a better term, a "vaccine passport"

                                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X