No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m indifferent to the covid passport - I’m having my jabs and it won’t impact me. But the more I think about it, the more I start to believe they’re pretty undemocratic. If we asked all elderly people to prove they had received their annual flu jab in order to go into a restaurant or a pub, there would be hell to pay.
    I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I mean..kids have to be vaccinated to get into schools, otherwise it's a no. So what else is new?
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Worried about aRat, he has not posted since he last told us his parents got Covid.
        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• DnBLover : Oh no, nature is really unfair! I definitely feel for your friend. Is it a recent disability or has she experienced it for a longer period already? If it's the latter: How did she participate in public life pre-Corona with all kinds of viral infections always having been (and probably going to be) possible?
          Last edited by theMathematician; Tue April 6, 2021, 23:12.
          Pro: freedom of speech
          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
            Worried about aRat, he has not posted since he last told us his parents got Covid.
            Oh I noticed his absensce but didn't know it was because of that. Hopefully his parents are alright. It didn't sound as if he was in danger of having it too though. Maybe he just doesn't feel like posting these days.
            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• " My body, my choice" was the slogan used by women to fight to make abortion legal. I find it hillarious how the anti-vaxers have stolen it.

My body, my choice is a feminist slogan used in several countries, most often surrounding issues of bodily autonomy and abortion. Feminists usually defend an individual's right of self determination over their bodies for sexual, marriage and reproductive choices as rights.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• As 4000 Germans are currently in intensive care units calls are growing in for the introduction of nationwide coronavirus restrictions amid confusion and frustration over patchwork arrangements across the country as the infection rate continues to rise.

The majority of Germans are in favour of a more unified approach to tackling the virus, now in its third wave, according to a poll, ahead of an expected tightening of rules after the holiday weekend. Interesting that 53 percent of Germans are in favour of the government calling the shots.

More at The Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-restrictions

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  At the moment, German media is discussing whether Corona decisions should exclusively go by the Chancellor (Merkel), who is in favour of a heavy lockdown. Theoretically, it would be possible with a change of laws, but it's very unlikely as the federal states' ministers would need to approve that, and they won't vote for them losing a part of their political power. Therefore, it'll probably stay the way it used to: Merkel will announce suggestitions, and the federal ministers will come up with their own version of it.
                  That‘s a half-truth if I ever read one. The discussion was to change the law so that power switches from the states to the Bundesregierung. Which, as every German should know, is comprised of several ministers and, while it has the power to make decrees, cannot establish any laws without passing them through the Bundestag with approval of the Bundesrat (which is the representative body of the states). But of course this doesn’t fit the „dictator Merkel“ narrative that has become so popular. The difference would have been that measures on infection protection - like many other topics - would be taken nationwide instead of the confusing patchwork we have been dealing with ever since the start of the pandemic. Somehow nobody has a problem with the myriad of other areas where the Bund has the legislative competence, but when it comes to infection protection, people suddenly want to proclaim the end of democracy.

You probably didn’t mean it that way, but I‘m really fed up with this myth that this would’ve meant some undemocratic Merkel autocracy, so I just wanted to make that clear (especially for the non-Germans here). Considering how the ministers of the states have been acting this past year, I’m not at all surprised this discussion came up.

Comment

• Thanks for explaining that so well LittleLinda .

Comment

• I guess the problem behind all of this is that the virus has not spread evenly throughout Germany, so there are regions where it's more of an issue than others. Even now, there are a couple of regions in Northern Germany with incidences below 50, while there are regions close to the Czech border with incidences close to 500. Considering this, I think it's fair to let the states decide about it and not the nation's government. I remember how my region's incidence started decreasing heavily in February even beyond the mark of 35, which mattered back then, but there have been no relaxations because the regions close to the Czech border showed stable incidences. Do you know what this leads to? It leads to the feeling of unfairness, which will ultimately lead to apathy. Considering this, I approve the states deciding about it rather than the nation - the German political system is based on federalism after all.
                      Last edited by theMathematician; Tue April 6, 2021, 18:53.

Comment

I guess the problem behind all of this is that the virus has not spread evenly throughout Germany, so there are regions where it's more of an issue than others. Even now, there are a couple of regions in Northern Germany with incidences below 50, while there are regions close to the Czech border with incidences close to 500. Considering this, I think it's fair to let the states decide about it and not the nation's government. I remember how my region's incidence started decreasing heavily in February even beyond the mark of 35, which mattered back then, but there have been no relaxations because the regions close to the Czech border showed stable incidences. Do you know what this lets do? It leads to the feeling of unfairness, which will ultimately lead to apathy. Considering this, I approve the states deciding about it rather than the nation - the German political system is based on federalism after all.
                        Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the legislative power staying with the states (there's a reason why it originally is this way) - I merely pointed out what the actual discussion was and why it was a topic worthy of discussion.
                        I've seen a lot of people trying to turn this into some kind of scandal - hell, I've even seen people compare Merkel to Hitler over this, which is beyond ridiculous.

And while you are certainly right that the virus isn't spread evenly, you also need to keep in mind that it doesn't stop at state borders - so state A doing one thing and state B doing the opposite would still be a potential problem. People living at the border would certainly still have this "feeling of unfairness" that you speak of, wouldn't they?

Comment

• When each state decides differently, there could be people crossing the border to regions where the rules are a bit more relaxed. However, even if Germany had united rules, there would still be the option to travel to anothee country to find more relaxed rules, e.g. what we see with people travelling to Mallorca when they are not allowed to go on vacation in Northern Germany, or when people made barber appointments in Luxembourg due to the fact that barbers were not allowed to work in Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the legislative power staying with the states (there's a reason why it originally is this way) - I merely pointed out what the actual discussion was and why it was a topic worthy of discussion.
                            I've seen a lot of people trying to turn this into some kind of scandal - hell, I've even seen people compare Merkel to Hitler over this, which is beyond ridiculous.

And while you are certainly right that the virus isn't spread evenly, you also need to keep in mind that it doesn't stop at state borders - so state A doing one thing and state B doing the opposite would still be a potential problem. People living at the border would certainly still have this "feeling of unfairness" that you speak of, wouldn't they?
                            Yeah it made no sense to me that one person, in this case Merkel would have the only say and sole decision making and that is definitely what was being implied before. Glad to know that is not the case.
                            And yes absolutely agree on your second point. They tried that in the UK with different tiers and different rules for certain regions and it was a mess. It doesn't work

Comment

• Today was the first day since schools have re-opened that all my children (32) were at class today.
                              So that's since 8th of February...
                              None had to follow online, none had to stay at home to get tested or to stay in quaraintaine.
                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• You're teaching in primary school, don't you? Is it usual to have such big classes in your country?

Comment

• India reported over 115, 000 cases today. Unbelievable.. they clearly have a new variant or something going on there.

Turkey are edging close to 50000 cases. Worrying times there.

Europe all below 10k today except for Ukraine which reported over 13k.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                    That‘s a half-truth if I ever read one. The discussion was to change the law so that power switches from the states to the Bundesregierung. Which, as every German should know, is comprised of several ministers and, while it has the power to make decrees, cannot establish any laws without passing them through the Bundestag with approval of the Bundesrat (which is the representative body of the states). But of course this doesn’t fit the „dictator Merkel“ narrative that has become so popular. The difference would have been that measures on infection protection - like many other topics - would be taken nationwide instead of the confusing patchwork we have been dealing with ever since the start of the pandemic. Somehow nobody has a problem with the myriad of other areas where the Bund has the legislative competence, but when it comes to infection protection, people suddenly want to proclaim the end of democracy.

You probably didn’t mean it that way, but I‘m really fed up with this myth that this would’ve meant some undemocratic Merkel autocracy, so I just wanted to make that clear (especially for the non-Germans here). Considering how the ministers of the states have been acting this past year, I’m not at all surprised this discussion came up.
                                    Didn't have the energy to make this post, but I'm glad someone did.

Those who claim to worry about the 'cOnStiTutiON' in this case clearly haven't read it.

Comment

You're teaching in primary school, don't you? Is it usual to have such big classes in your country?
                                      Unfortunately it is.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

DnBLover : Oh no, nature is really unfair! I definitely feel for your friend. Is it a recent didability or has she experienced it for a longer period already? If it's the latter: How did she participate in public life pre-Corona with all kinds of viral infections always having been (and probably going to be) possible?
                                          I'm not even gonna bother replying to this as I'm not even sure whether you are being sarcastic or not. But keep in mind that there are many people that don't develop an immune response to the vaccine, in addition to having immunity problems or being allergic to vaccine components. Mandatory vaccines have been in place since humans found out how to fight viruses. If you are against vaccines, you are a danger to society and you are welcome to go live in the mountains or an isolated island.
                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Didn't have the energy to make this post, but I'm glad someone did.

Those who claim to worry about the 'cOnStiTutiON' in this case clearly haven't read it.
                                            Germany is a company and we are all its employees. The German Reich from 1937 still exists. #tinfoilhat
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Still no news from aRat hope his family is doing okay.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Enlightening article. https://www.latimes.com/projects/cov...sks-reactions/
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                                  Worried about aRat, he has not posted since he last told us his parents got Covid.
                                                  Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

Oh I noticed his absensce but didn't know it was because of that. Hopefully his parents are alright. It didn't sound as if he was in danger of having it too though. Maybe he just doesn't feel like posting these days.
                                                  Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  Still no news from aRat hope his family is doing okay.
                                                  Sorry for not updating.

My parents are OK. My mom is on day 13 and the last 2 days she has started to gain a lot of strength so I think thats it for her. My dad is on day 11 and he is starting to feel better since yesterday.

Both of them had only "mild" symptoms aka fever, fatigue, nausea and muscle pain. Their oxygen levels were always good.

I am on day 7 myself. I went to their place coz they needed me and I obvi caught it myself. I had Fever.mp3 for like 2 days then slept for 12 hours straight and felt fine the next morning. Right now I can barely smell anything but that's it as far as my symptoms go.
                                                  DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Glad you and your family are ok and on the road to recovery

I was really lucky I only had fatigue and a little coughing/sore throat when I caught it.
                                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Working...
                                                    X