No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well tbh when I went for my first shot which was to be ASTRAZENECA, I was nervous as hell with all the news surrounding it at the times. When chief of the vaccination center was telling me I was getting Biontech because Astra was out for the day I felt so lucky... and now I got my second shot and am officially safe. This time with a little fever and muscle and bone aches, but I am in the clear.... again with Biontech and I must say I am happy, cause Astra has an image problem. Maybe it works, but there are clearly some restrictions, like women in general so it seems or people under 60 (says Germany), or over 30 (says UK).... THIS whole thing makes it very clear how some things are percepted in different countries. I mean how can ASTRA be fine for 30+ in the UK while it is out for everyone under 60 in Germany.... that is beyond me....

Comment

• Brazil have recorded 4000 deaths in the last 24 hours... they are being decimated.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56657818

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Because this is medicine, not the supermarket?
        Essentially an experimental vaccine we are still learning about... When you know that you have 4 options, A, B, C of which appearing so far to be offering much higher protection than D and A and B appearing so far to be a little safer than C, why would you go for C or D (based on present knowledge)?

The policy makers are responsible to make this pandemic go away, so a low risk of serious side effects in some people is acceptable. You are responsible for your own body and (based on what we know so far that is far from everything) taking this low but serious risk when it appears there are safer alternatives is just inexplicably stupid IMO. It's another thing to take the safest vaccine available and suffering an unfortunate reaction and another taking the unsafest vaccine and then suffering one
        Last edited by jio; Thu April 8, 2021, 05:40.
        jio CHARTS NOW: 23/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10591548

Comment

• I get my first dose on Friday. Quite nervous!
          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
            Thanks babygorls <3

My parents are quite exhausted but thankfully they have passed those critical days 5 to 8 where the virus could have gotten into their lungs. I am relieved that they seem to be going out of this with "just" being exhausted coz I was afraid that my father (who has a heart condition) would get it much worse.

I myself feel splendid and also have started to work from home again today.
            Good to hear that! <3

Comment

• Comment

• Wow!!!

Full story:
                https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...ntries-in-need
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                  Like the tweet Wayne posted suggests, women take the contraceptive pill every day of which the risk of blood clot is higher.

The risk of blood clots from complications through contracting Covid are also MUCH higher than the 0.0004% risk of having the AZ vaccine.

As usual, the media cling on to every tiny detail about Covid and blow it up into fear-mongering headlines.
                  The EU is deliberately trying to slow down and sabotage vaccination for whatever reason (the usual suspect personal gain of selected powerful groups over the well being of everyone else comes to mind).

Sad that this mentality seems to be sipping out of the EU and into other regions it seems.
                  BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                    LOL that orange clown is terrorizing us beyond the grave.

Leaders across the world have done an absolutely despicable job during the pandemic. An awful look & representation for humanity I fear.
                    98 - OUT

Comment

Leaders across the world have done an absolutely despicable job during the pandemic. An awful look & representation for humanity I fear.
                      That's actualy nothing new and not restricted to the pandemic. It's all about money and power in the world
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

That's actualy nothing new and not restricted to the pandemic. It's all about money and power in the world
                        True, the pandemic has just exposed it. I watched an interesting four-part documentary on BBC recently called Can't Get You Out Of My Head and it basically concludes that power is everything in the modern world, not even human life comes before it, and plots how this has morphed across the world since the 1950s onwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                          I get my first dose on Friday. Quite nervous!
                          I hope everything goes well. Good luck.
                          Whitney Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

True, the pandemic has just exposed it. I watched an interesting four-part documentary on BBC recently called Can't Get You Out Of My Head and it basically concludes that power is everything in the modern world, not even human life comes before it, and plots how this has morphed across the world since the 1950s onwards.
                            Legend Cersei was ahead of her time it seems

98 - OUT

Comment

• Regarding first doses:
                              more than 1% of the population: 89 countries
                              more than 10% of the population: 47 countries

Almost half of the worls's countries have received first access to vaccination doses now. I'm sure we'll have crossed the 100 by the end of April.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                  The EU obvi also knows this, they just don't give a f**k. You can use logic all you want they still gonna cancel AZ because of other motives which have nothing to do with saving people from getting blood clots.
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

The EU obvi also knows this, they just don't give a f**k. You can use logic all you want they still gonna cancel AZ because of other motives which have nothing to do with saving people from getting blood clots.
                                    But the UK's own vaccine advisory body made the recommendation to stop it for under 30s and also noted the blood clot thing so how does that fit the narrative that it is an EU thing ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

But the UK's own vaccine advisory body made the recommendation to stop it for under 30s and also noted the blood clot thing so how does that fit the narrative that it is an EU thing ?
                                      ... and now everyone remains silent...
                                      jio CHARTS NOW: 23/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10591548

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post

I hope everything goes well. Good luck.
                                          Thank you, love.
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Britain is set to reach herd immunity against COVID-19 within days marking a "milestone" in the fight against coronavirus, according to scientists.

Real-time modelling carried out by University College London indicates the UK should pass the critical threshold where the proportion of people who have protection against the virus either through vaccination, previous infection or natural immunity will hit 73.4% on Monday, 12 April.

This is the point at which the nation is seen as having reached a tipping point, known as herd immunity, where sufficient resistance is built up within the community to combat the spread of COVID-19, effectively forcing the coronavirus into retreat.

Professor Karl Friston, of UCL, told Sky News: "It's like a chain reaction. If you remove the opportunity for the virus to spread from one person to more than one person then it will die out."

But warning against any move to speed up the easing of lockdown restrictions in response to reaching herd immunity, he said: "If we let up, that threshold will go up again and we will find ourselves below the threshold and it will explode again."

Referring to the modelling, Prof Friston said: "We do this in an ongoing way every week and this week it portends a herd immunity threshold crossing, which is a milestone in coming out of the epidemic phase of the pandemic.

"This is just a milestone. It's a nice milestone that is a reflection of the fact that things are going as planned."

He added: "It does suggest that it is unlikely there is going to be a post-summer or autumn surge in fatalities or hospital admissions."

But urging caution, Prof Friston said: "It doesn't mean to say that we should suddenly change our approach to unlocking or social distancing.

"The herd immunity threshold itself will depend upon transmission risks that depend upon things like social distancing."

Arguing the government's roadmap out of lockdown "seems to be pitched at about the right level", he said: "If we now suddenly unlocked that would have a profound influence on contact rates, which would actually elevate the herd immunity threshold and we would put ourselves in an uncomfortable position.

"So we have got to come out of this very, very gracefully and slowly and in a context-dependent way that depends upon progressive reduction in the prevalence of infection and that's going to be a process that takes weeks and months."

Pressed on the issue of herd immunity, Health Secretary Matt Hancock told LBC: "I was told by some scientists that we were going to have herd immunity in May and then in June and then after that.

"What I prefer to do is watch the data. We have set out the roadmap. The roadmap is really clear. It is our route back to normal."

He added: "I think we have taken the right course in plotting our way to freedom and doing it carefully because we want it to be irreversible."
                                            Source
                                            This superstar in the making
                                            Tonight she's yours for the taking

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

• A family friend died 2 weeks ago. She was giving a bad reaction to one of the vaccines and her organs had swollen up (what I was told). She started to get better but suddenly died. I do feel like there are pieces missing but I cannot confirm anything. This makes me nervous about tomorrow.
                                              Diva!!!

Comment

• The Netherlands has announced that no one under 60 will be given AZ going forward. This whole thing is very confusing. At the start they didn't want to give it to anyone over 65, now places are deciding to not give it to under 60s..

Comment

• Some big numbers recorded today - maybe an Easter weekend effect for numbers.

Germany with over 24k cases, Poland over 27k, Turkey over 55k

950 deaths in Poland.

487 in Italy, 345 in France and Germany approaching 300

Brazil recording almost 4000 deaths again.. Not good.

Comment

• It's great that while Germany is talking about getting into yet another harsher lockdown (although the previous lockdown did not get abolished but slightly relaxed in some places), the UK is far enough to talk about reachin herd immunity.
                                                    Israel, the Seychelles, Bhutan and possible the UAE (they only release information on the total amount of vaccination distributed, not first vs. second doses) are ahead of the UK in terms of first vaccination doses, which means that they must've already reached herd immunity or at least be close, aren't they?

Excluding small countries, 14 countries have distributed at least 15% first vaccine doses. Germany may join that list tomorrow. They are finally taking off after a painfully slow start.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X