• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is the EU doing?

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• They didn’t want the bloody thing a couple of weeks ago.
      1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
        That’s great, would have never happened under Trump.
        A good fingering from Boris would sort him.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• The EU are making themselves look like such sore losers.

Comment

• Geez, the EU needs to get a grip - on the one hand they don't want the flipping vaccine, on the other they are now suing because of some supposed shortfall in the agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
              The EU are making themselves look like such sore losers.
              what has the EU lost? Was Covid-19 a game and somehow we lost? In what way? death tolls?

Nah, I know what you mean... but still cynical.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                Geez, the EU needs to get a grip - on the one hand they don't want the flipping vaccine, on the other they are now suing because of some supposed shortfall in the agreement.
                Couldn't have said it better myself. This pandemic has really shown alot of the world how poor its leadership is. Hopefully things change outside of all this.
                UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

• So today we all got a kit of self tests... Enough to test ourselves twice a week till July...

Does my boss really think I'm gonna test myself twice a week?
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    So today we all got a kit of self tests... Enough to test ourselves twice a week till July...

That's good though of your employer fixing up so many tests for you. We've literally got 48 lateral flow tests in this house and I've only done one. I have a serious gag reflex, it's not pretty when I have to do it

Having said that, I don't have to go out into the workplace currently as I'm working from home, but if I worked on site I think I'd be doing it.

Get the cats involved when you need to take one, it'll make it more fun for you all
                    UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

So today we all got a kit of self tests... Enough to test ourselves twice a week till July...

Why is that an unreasonable request? Just curious.

Comment

Geez, the EU needs to get a grip - on the one hand they don't want the flipping vaccine, on the other they are now suing because of some supposed shortfall in the agreement.
                        Surely there was a time where they were throwing them away by the thousand.
                        1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

Surely as someone who is in contact with kids in a teaching capactity, that is why you are given the tests ? To make sure you are negative regularly...
                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                            They didn’t want the bloody thing a couple of weeks ago.
                            doesn't mean you shouldn't get what you paid for, especially if you paid billions (of tax euros)

Comment

I get tested twice a week for work. Once ''professionally'' and once at home. Only takes a minute tho, not a big deal imo.

Comment

• My heart is just hurting for those in India.
                                Diva!!!

Comment

Testing isn't that big of a deal though, it does not hurt.
                                  ​​​​​
                                  Aren't these self tests unreliable?

Comment

• Goodness some of you complaining about getting tested by having a thin cotton stick deep into your nose when you've had bigger things in you in other holes
                                    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post

Aren't these self tests unreliable?
                                      Yes, especially the at-home tests since many people don't even do it right, they barely get anything on their nose or mouth

Also some people try to sell their negative at-home tests...someone in Austria recently was caught trying to sell his negative at home test for 8 euro
                                      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

doesn't mean you shouldn't get what you paid for, especially if you paid billions (of tax euros)
                                        Isn’t it the case that they are getting what they paid for, but that other countries negotiated in a more selfish manner and thus, they have received preferential treatment as their negotiated terms are better? (Not at all suggesting that this is the right way, but if this comes down to a simple contractual issue, the EU will likely embarrass themselves based on what has already been said on this matter by both sides).

How the EU has handled this whole vaccination process has been really quite poor - this legal action against AZ is just smoke and mirrors.

Comment

• I mean, this part of the story just makes it seem like the EU is aggrieved more with the UK than the company itself:

Officials in the EU’s executive branch were particularly enraged by the refusal of the company to divert doses made in two plants in the UK. AstraZeneca’s chief executive, Pascal Soriot, had claimed he was contractually obliged to provide doses made in Oxford and Staffordshire to UK residents in the first instance.

Announcing on Monday its decision to take the company to court, a commission spokesman said the legal claim had been made as “some terms of the contract have not been respected and the company has not been in the position to come up with a reliable strategy to ensure timely delivery of doses.
                                          https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1619446494
                                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• The EU have been looking for ways to prove their might ever since Brexit was announced. I honestly don’t know what they hope to achieve by taking this to court, other than to make it a demonstration of ‘power’ to EU residents that they are doing something.

Presumably the contract AZ offered covers them not delivering on time - they’d be fools if they didn’t have that protection in their contract. Surely the supply chain is a force majure?

Anyway, popcorn time - EU just keep making themselves look foolish.
                                            “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I'm just so thankful that I didn't have to take AZ... (I got Moderna). The reputation of the vaccine is shot here.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Ι wasn't able to update the lists of the countries the past few weeks. If there is interest I can do it. Enough to say Cyprus has the highest infection rate in Europe right now
                                                jio CHARTS NOW: 3/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10680609

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  I'm just so thankful that I didn't have to take AZ... (I got Moderna). The reputation of the vaccine is shot here.
                                                  Which is foolish really, as respectfully, you’re an old man stevyy when it comes to the blood clot risks.

Comment

Which is foolish really, as respectfully, you’re an old man stevyy when it comes to the blood clot risks.
                                                    Frankly based on what we know so far I wouldn't take AZ either. I tried to register for the vaccine the other day (it was the only day my age was eligible to register), the system opened 7:30 morning, I entered 7:45, all Pfizer and Moderna shots had run out while AZ shots were available until 8:30 night.

I do believe all shots are very risky at this point so better to go with the one with the best profile based on present knowledge. I do say "present knowledge" because they could all change anytime, for example now Pfizer is investigated for myocarditis (a heart condition).
                                                    jio CHARTS NOW: 3/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10680609

Comment

Working...
                                                    X