No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody will be touching, hugging or kissing me, those are gone for forever. I don't allow my friends to come close to me and it won't change after pandemic ends.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I'm sorry for that, spiritboy :( . If I remember correctly, it's quite normal in your culture to get touchy with each other.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• First vaccine doses (excluding small states):
        1. Israel ~ 62.5%
        2. UK ~ 51.3%
        3. USA ~ 44.2%
        4. Bahrain ~ 43.9%
        5. Chile ~ 43.1%
        6. Hungary ~ 42.7%
        7. Qatar ~ 36.4%
        8. Canada ~ 34.8%
        9. Uruguay ~ 34.3%
        10. Finland ~ 31.1%
        11. Germany ~ 30.6%

Next update when Germany hits 35%.

-----

The overall incidence in Germany is sinking, but some regions refuse to join the pattern. My region is one of them as the incidence keeps rising lately. The hotspot region is in Thuringia (which is known for being heavily affected by Corona for long) with an incidence of more than 500.
        Last edited by theMathematician; Thu May 6, 2021, 11:59.

Comment

• My best friend is getting his first dose of Pfizer/Biontech vaccine. I'm still waiting for CoronaVac, Chinese vaccine.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            My best friend is getting his first dose of Pfizer/Biontech vaccine. I'm still waiting for CoronaVac, Chinese vaccine.
            You're already eligible? My country's vaccine rate is higher than yours, and I'm not eligible yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

You're already eligible? My country's vaccine rate is higher than yours, and I'm not eligible yet.
              I'm not eligible yet but my friend is working in tourism industry so he's eligible.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• 7 cases of the Indian variant have been found in Northern Ireland. IT seems this has made its way to a few European areas ( geographically) at this stage.
                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Countries that are "fully" vaccinated (% of population):

Is it right that nobody in Ukraine is fully vaccinated?!

Spoiler!

Comment

• Not nobody, but it's less than 0.01%, so 0 is mathematically correct.

Comment

• Looks like it’s Serbia for our European holidays this year then!
                      1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

• First Pfizer shot tomorrow for me.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                          First Pfizer shot tomorrow for me.
                          Good luck !

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                            Looks like it’s Serbia for our European holidays this year then!
                            Heard on the news that Serbia is offering 25 Euros for the youth to have their vaccination.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• So some EU countries are actually further ahead than us (Hungary/Malta) but I guess that’s because we have been waiting longer for the second dose and getting the first dose to more people. Malta is actually high on the list of places I want to visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Heard on the news that Serbia is offering 25 Euros for the youth to have their vaccination.
                                Some states in the US are offering 100 dollars and a beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Nice. Turkey would probably want 100 dollars from us if they knew they could get away with this

Biontech offered to sell their vaccine to Turkey without profit but they didn't accept it cause they can't smuggle money. But they could do it with Chinese vaccine, that's why they chose it over Pfizer vaccine
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Last edited by Goldmoney; Sat May 8, 2021, 16:57.
                                    Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• $100 is definitely something worth thinking about, and I'd rather have positive than negative stimuli ;) .
                                      In Germany, it'd probably go like this: 'You don't get vaccinated? Well, then stay at home all day.' :/ .
                                      Last edited by theMathematician; Fri May 7, 2021, 10:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The US has gotten private companies on board so there are all manner of incentives now.

Eg. NFL offering Superbowl tickets, free donuts, free Uber/Lyft rides, etc etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing some music stars do something soon.
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• In the US/UK, first vaccine rates are only rising slowly now. Are all age groups already open or what's harming the rise at the moment?

Comment

• Just signed up for my vaccines and I will get the first one on the 1st June, second in late June!

Came completely unexpected. Switzerland was so behind everyone else, today suddenly everyone from 16+ years old was able to sign up (only limited space though).

Comment

• Choice of Covid vaccines to be offered to Britons under 40
                                              https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ll-as-under-30

A choice of Covid vaccines is to be extended from the under-30s to anyone up to the age of 40, after a recommendation by the government’s advisory body to allow more people to opt out of the AstraZeneca shot, which has been linked to rare cases of blood clots, it has emerged.

Very small numbers of people have suffered from blood clots in the veins and the brain, in combination with low platelets. Investigations by UK and European regulators have linked these events to the AstraZeneca vaccine, while in the United States cases have been reported following the Johnson & Johnson jab, which is made in a similar way.

There have been over 200 cases in the UK according to Dr Sue Pavord, who is on the haematologists’ working group that is monitoring the cases in the UK, but that is among many millions of doses of vaccine.

However, those affected tend to be younger people, even though relatively few of the youngest adults have yet been vaccinated. “We’re seeing it affecting quite young ages so the median age of our cases is actually 49, which is relatively young,” she said at a Royal Society of Medicine event on Thursday.

More:
                                              https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ll-as-under-30
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Tansike : Congrats! Are you part of a risk group or something? Our age group still isn't eligible in my country.

Comment

• Well now they’ve announced at bbc that us youngsters will be offered an alternative to AZ. I thought it was also interesting that they’d ordered pfz for boosters, like they’re phasing az out

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                    Tansike : Congrats! Are you part of a risk group or something? Our age group still isn't eligible in my country.
                                                    No, no risk group. Everyone from 16+ years old can sign up now, at least in the Canton Zurich (which did the "worst" when it comes to vaccines so far, so this came as a big surprise earlier today).

Also now that I'm signed up, I'm still a bit worried if the vaccines are "ok" or not. But I guess there's no other option and I'll simply go with it. Fingers crossed we won't regret it in 10 years or so

Comment

Working...
                                                    X