No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder if that means vaccines for under 40s are further away now? By the last calculation I should’ve been getting mine within the next two weeks but with AZ off the table maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
      So some EU countries are actually further ahead than us (Hungary/Malta) but I guess that’s because we have been waiting longer for the second dose and getting the first dose to more people. Malta is actually high on the list of places I want to visit.
      You would love the beach at Qarraba Bay
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

The US has gotten private companies on board so there are all manner of incentives now.

Eg. NFL offering Superbowl tickets, free donuts, free Uber/Lyft rides, etc etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing some music stars do something soon.
        Well, we already had quite enough of this with Miss Gomez

The incentives are cool though Gotta love America!

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
          First Pfizer shot tomorrow for me.
          Done!
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Germany have now announced that they are offering AZ to all adults. Honestly I have never seen such chopping and changing.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              Germany have now announced that they are offering AZ to all adults. Honestly I have never seen such chopping and changing.
              That’s because The EU has been playing a game of politics rather than focusing on health.
              “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

That’s because The EU has been playing a game of politics rather than focusing on health.
                Well I mean the UK has also changed its recommendations, including a further change the other day so it is not just the EU.

Comment

Well I mean the UK has also changed its recommendations, including a further change the other day so it is not just the EU.
                  That change isn’t politically motivated. The EU have been gunning for AZ from day one, as soon as they found out they weren’t getting their doses.
                  “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Yeah from what i see, UK and Israel handled vaccinations very well.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• European new infection rates per 100 000 from lowest (#1) to highest (#31) (no micro-states): UPDATE
                      1.(1) Iceland
                      2.(2) United Kingdom
                      3.(3) Finland
                      4.(4) Portugal
                      5.(5) Malta
                      6.(7) Norway
                      7.(6) Ireland
                      8.(8) Slovakia
                      9.(10) Romania
                      10.(9) Denmark
                      11.(11) Spain
                      14.(23) Poland
                      15.(13) Italy
                      20.(18) Germany
                      26.(28) France
                      27.(26) Lithuania
                      28.(27) Netherlands
                      29.(29) Croatia
                      30.(30) Sweden
                      31.(31) Cyprus

jio CHARTS NOW: 27/7/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10664750

Comment

That change isn’t politically motivated. The EU have been gunning for AZ from day one, as soon as they found out they weren’t getting their doses.
                        So if the EU does one thing, it's politically motivated
                        When the UK is doing a similar thing for the exact same stated reason, it is not
                        OK
                        jio CHARTS NOW: 27/7/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10664750

Comment

Well the fact that they didn't get their doses was politically motivated in the first place..

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

So if the EU does one thing, it's politically motivated
                            When the UK is doing a similar thing for the exact same stated reason, it is not
                            OK
                            The UK never stopped AZ being administered, never restarted offering it, never age restricted it for older people and basically all of this came after the EU realised it wasn’t getting its doses.

Anyone who thinks the EU has not been playing politics hasn’t been watching the situation close enough. The EU had to back down on threats to hold onto the vaccine and stop exports to the UK, but never said a word about US exports - a country that hasn’t approved the vaccine yet (as they expedited another vaccine instead, despite taking delivery of millions of AZ).

EU residents have quite rightly been annoyed at the EU vaccination roll out and looked at other nationals that were able to what it could not. UK’s roll out is an embarrassment for the EU, something it desperately needs to counteract as a thriving UK will only encourage others to follow.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Well the fact that they didn't get their doses was politically motivated in the first place..

#FreeBritney

Comment

The UK never stopped AZ being administered, never restarted offering it, never age restricted it for older people and basically all of this came after the EU realised it wasn’t getting its doses.

Anyone who thinks the EU has not been playing politics hasn’t been watching the situation close enough. The EU had to back down on threats to hold onto the vaccine and stop exports to the UK, but never said a word about US exports - a country that hasn’t approved the vaccine yet (as they expedited another vaccine instead, despite taking delivery of millions of AZ).

EU residents have quite rightly been annoyed at the EU vaccination roll out and looked at other nationals that were able to what it could not. UK’s roll out is an embarrassment for the EU, something it desperately needs to counteract as a thriving UK will only encourage others to follow.
                                I don't really disagree on what you say per se, my disagreement is that this "politics" talk seems to downplay the actual increased danger AZ (and seemingly other adenovirus covid vaccines as well) poses in comparison to mRNA vaccines (based on what we know so far), something that cannot be denied.

Comment

You keep referring to the EU as a singular unit when in fact the individual countries decided themselves on what to do regarding AZ , to pause, not pause, restart or what age to give it to. It has been different everywhere.

Comment

You keep referring to the EU as a singular unit when in fact the individual countries decided themselves on what to do regarding AZ , to pause, not pause, restart or what age to give it to. It has been different everywhere.
                                    All EU member states joined a scheme last summer to allow the EU to source and buy their vaccines. The UK declined the invitation. Individual EU states are allowed to source and buy their own vaccines, but not with a company the EU has signed a deal with.

The EU regulators approved the vaccine, not individual states (I believe) and the main EU member states - primarily Germany and France - have flip flopped over AZ. The EU itself (not member states) threatened to stop exports of AZ to the UK. This is politics.

Ultimately the EU is a political body made up of sovereign states. All of its decisions are political, though they would claim otherwise. I hated Brexit but the EU have done a few questionable things since, including attempting to establish an EU army - something that now has the support of fourteen member states.

The EU is currently developing a military doctrine - something I believe that goes beyond it’s remit - and I’m very glad to out of it if it continues down this path as I completely disagree with it becoming a superpower.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I personally don't trust AZ, and there are a few people in my country who don't, too. In my opinion, they should give the AZ doses to countries like India, where quick help is urgent, instead of desperately trying to convince the people to take AZ here if they clearly don't want to.

-----

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                      Also now that I'm signed up, I'm still a bit worried if the vaccines are "ok" or not. But I guess there's no other option and I'll simply go with it. Fingers crossed we won't regret it in 10 years or so
                                      Reminds me of Contergan . Do you happen to know when people found out about its negative consequences back in the day? Immediately or only after a while?
                                      Pro: freedom of speech
                                      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                        I personally don't trust AZ, and there are a few people in my country who don't, too. In my opinion, they should give the AZ doses to countries like India, where quick help is urgent, instead of desperately trying to convince the people to take AZ here if they clearly don't want to.

-----

Reminds me of Contergan . Do you happen to know when people found out about its negative consequences back in the day? Immediately or only after a while?
                                        So you would happily give something that you don't trust yourself to another country and let them take their chances with it ? Interesting .

Comment

• I think it's better to donate vaccine doses to countries who may want to use them more than Germany instead of having them lie around or even end in the trash bin. Those countries should, of course, still have the option to say 'no' to the donation, but I feel like a country like India would be less picky than Germany.
                                          Pro: freedom of speech
                                          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                            I think it's better to donate vaccine doses to countries who may want to use them more than Germany instead of having them lie around or even end in the trash bin. Those countries should, of course, still have the option to say 'no' to the donation, but I feel like a country like India would be less picky than Germany.
                                            Germany is currently one of the worst effected places in Europe, is still in a heavy lockdown with no end in sight. If there is any country who should not be being picky right now it should be Germany.

Comment

• Wow, that’s some elitism.

The AZ reputation has been damaged by the EU with it’s unqualified flip flopping. It knew what it was doing but that doesn’t mean there’s no reason to have it if offered. I’ve had one dose and I’m still standing.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Uk has announced its green travel list of safe countries that you do not need to quarantine on return from May 17th, a list of 12. Anyone travelling has to pay for their own covid test on way out and way in. Not sure how this works for some of the destination countries like Australia for example, who as far as I know are still imposing quarantine on arrival or may not be even letting people from UK in.

Only 12 nations and territories have qualified for “no quarantine” status for returning travellers: Ascension Island, Australia, Brunei, the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Israel, New Zealand, Portugal, Tristan da Cunha, St Helena, Singapore, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands.
                                                Ireland retains its special status as a member of the common travel area, with no travel restrictions imposed on travellers to the UK.

There are 43 countries on the red list, which require hotel quarantine on return.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b1843650.html

So I guess the only quesion is - Where are the South Sandwich islands ?

Comment

• I noticed on the government website it says "people should not travel for leisure to amber countries". So does this mean we're not allowed to, or it's advised against?! I'm confused and concerned for my holibobs to Croatia
                                                  UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                                                    I noticed on the government website it says "people should not travel for leisure to amber countries". So does this mean we're not allowed to, or it's advised against?! I'm confused and concerned for my holibobs to Croatia
                                                    It’s probably still considered illegal.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X