No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SholasBoy : Trust me, all restaurants and bars are well prepared for openings by now! There have been so many reports on national TV about that industry, and many owners said that they've come up with many intern hygiene measurements during lockdown and are only waiting for the government to allow them to actually put them into practice.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• They really slow walking this

Covid jabs offer to 38 and 39-year-olds in England
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57088018

Around a million text messages are being sent to 38 and 39-year-olds in England, inviting them to book an appointment for a Covid vaccine.

Booking will open from 07:00 on Thursday on the NHS website.

Pregnant women will be directed to centres offering Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, NHS England says.

Nearly three-quarters of people in their 40s have had one dose, while a third of all adults have had two doses.

In line with guidance from the UK's vaccines committee last week, NHS England said people 39 and under without an underlying health condition would be offered the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, as an alternative to AstraZeneca.

Full: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57088018
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• During the past 2 weeks ago, the German first dose rate increased by +8.4%, while for the UK counterpart, it's +2.4%. I don't know why they're slowing down like that now. Same for the US. They were sooo quick, and now it seems like they take ages to approach the 50% for first doses.

Comment

• I begin to wonder if I will ever get the vaccine. Don't know why it's all still so slow here. Even my neighbour who is 65, is still waiting.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
            I begin to wonder if I will ever get the vaccine. Don't know why it's all still so slow here. Even my neighbour who is 65, is still waiting.
            The Netherlands are a bit below Germany in terms of vaccination rates at the moment. 60+ people are just getting their first vaccinate doses here. Primary school teachers got their doses already weeks ago here, so it seems like they are not in a higher piority group where you live. Going by age, 50+ people without any risk factors are not eligible yet here.

Comment

• Germany are playing catch up while the UK are literally on the road to full reopening. The constant comparison seems completely pointless really.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                During the past 2 weeks ago, the German first dose rate increased by +8.4%, while for the UK counterpart, it's +2.4%. I don't know why they're slowing down like that now. Same for the US. They were sooo quick, and now it seems like they take ages to approach the 50% for first doses.
                We were warned there would be less of the vaccine and we’re having to issue second doses - why don’t you compare the fully vaccinated rates between U.K. and Germany? (2 doses).

Comment

• Officially received my second dose of Pfizer a few minutes ago!
                  Pray for me y’all
                  Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• It’s getting so painstakingly close to my age

I think it depends on GP surgeries too, I know of people in the early 30s being sent a text this week.

Comment

During the past 2 weeks ago, the German first dose rate increased by +8.4%, while for the UK counterpart, it's +2.4%. I don't know why they're slowing down like that now. Same for the US. They were sooo quick, and now it seems like they take ages to approach the 50% for first doses.
                      I'm so relieved that we went from trainwreck country to... once again a beacon of hope.
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I'm so relieved that we went from trainwreck country to... once again a beacon of hope.

Had my first dose of Biontech today. No side effects yet, other than my right arm feeling a bit numb.

Comment

• I think side effects usually happen after the second dose and it depends on the immunity system of the person. My friends (who are sisters) have recently had their second doses and while one of them had no side effects, the other felt very tired and even after sleeping 11 hours, she still felt tired. So don't be afraid of side effects (like me) and have your vaccine comfortably.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I know somebody who had back and arm pain right after the vaccine. That person didn't complain about it the next few words, but then again, that person isn't very wordy in the first place, so that doesn't have to say much.

The incidence in my region is decreasing. We're finally approaching <100 .

Comment

• The Indian variant is causing doubt in the UK, the cases are rising quickly in certain towns and cities. The government are currently trying to figure out how to tackle it, including possible surge vaccinations in certain areas or even local lockdowns again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                The Indian variant is causing doubt in the UK, the cases are rising quickly in certain towns and cities. The government are currently trying to figure out how to tackle it, including possible surge vaccinations in certain areas or even local lockdowns again.
                                Tbh I knew that variant was going to be a problem. I called it weeks ago. Hoping it can be gotten under control before it really takes off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                  Officially received my second dose of Pfizer a few minutes ago!
                                  great news!!!!!!

CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                  FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• I mean, it's pretty obvious the Indian variant would be problematic. Millions of people infected every few days means that eventually one or two would find its way through the border when travel has remained open.

They should act quickly to contain it before it becomes a national outbreak again.

Comment

• European new infection rates per 100 000 from lowest (#1) to highest (#31) (no micro-states): UPDATE
                                      1.(1) Iceland
                                      2.(2) United Kingdom
                                      3.(4) Portugal
                                      4.(5) Malta
                                      5.(3) Finland
                                      6.(9) Romania
                                      7.(8) Slovakia
                                      8.(6) Norway
                                      9.(7) Ireland
                                      10.(12) Bulgaria
                                      11.(14) Poland
                                      12.(11) Spain
                                      17.(15) Italy
                                      20.(20) Germany
                                      24.(26) France
                                      27.(29) Croatia
                                      28.(30) Sweden
                                      29.(28) Netherlands
                                      30.(27) Lithuania
                                      31.(31) Cyprus

jio CHARTS NOW: 27/7/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10664750

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        I mean, it's pretty obvious the Indian variant would be problematic. Millions of people infected every few days means that eventually one or two would find its way through the border when travel has remained open.

They should act quickly to contain it before it becomes a national outbreak again.
                                        I’m hoping as long as hospitalisations and deaths don’t rise enough to cause concern then it’ll be OK. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 21st June date gets pushed back though.

Yet again Boris acted too slowly.

Comment

• jio : Lately, Germany is getting better regarding the incidence. Do you remember the lowest position it had in the ranking since Februar 2021 (=beginning of 3rd wave)?
                                          Last edited by theMathematician; Thu May 13, 2021, 20:10.

Comment

• The CDC expected to lift all mask restrictions - indoor and outdoor - and social distancing guidelines for fully vaccinated Americans.

Comment

jio : Lately, Germany is getting better regarding the incidence. Do you remember the lowest position it had in the ranking since Februar 2021 (=beginning of 3rd wave)?
                                              No, not really... however the incidence seems to be dropping all over Europe... there are just 2 or 3 countries where it rised this past week
                                              jio CHARTS NOW: 27/7/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10664750

Comment

• In other words: Germany is absolutely getting better but not relatively as incidences are 'dropping all over Europe'.

Comment

• It has been reported that a delay in next weeks easing of restrictions in the UK is possible due to a surge in the Indian variant.
                                                  SAGE member says delay to final lockdown easing "possible"; Indian variant cases surge in UK hotspots

Key points
                                                  • Leading scientist suggests next Monday's COVID lockdown easing should be pushed back - see 11.40 post
                                                  • SAGE member 'says final relaxation of lockdown in June could be delayed' - see 6.35 post
                                                  • Downing St moves to calm talk of delays to roadmap - see 12.53 post
                                                  • Scientists question need for vaccine booster shots - see 11.17 post
                                                  • Cases of Indian variant dominant in UK coronavirus hotspots and rising fast - see 7.04 post
                                                  via Sky News - https://news.sky.com/story/covid-new...layed-12302400

Comment

• The 4th wave has started in my state. Our incidence is stalling at around 46...

no chance for 0 covid as of now. Over 30 cases of the Indian variant in Germany... we are all going to die.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X