This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    Don’t get yourself overexcited. I’m guessing it’s to do with prioritising the areas with Indian variant outbreaks.
    Don't worry, you'll be getting jabbed soon. And this is the exact reason.

" And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Isn’t that what we’ve all been doing for the last year?
      Anti Vaxers - "End this lockdown we hate it and it is killing society"

Normal Person - "Ok we are trying to, the vaccine will protect you and others and ensure we can do that as soon as possible"

Anti - Vaxer - "No I dont want that, i dont trust it, its a conspiracy, ill be microchipped. NOOOOOO.
      This whole Corona thing is a hoax anyway, its not real and is all a lie"

Honestly these sorts of people are beyone help at this stage.

Comment

• A common anti-vax stance I am hearing is that if everyone who believes in the vaccine is vaccinated, then it shouldnt matter that they are unvaccinated. They believe that if people who are vaccinated believe in it so much then they shouldnt worry or care about those who do not want to be vaccinated.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          A common anti-vax stance I am hearing is that if everyone who believes in the vaccine is vaccinated, then it shouldnt matter that they are unvaccinated. They believe that if people who are vaccinated believe in it so much then they shouldnt worry or care about those who do not want to be vaccinated.
          I'm not traditionally anti-vax but rather undecided, but isn't what you just wrote above actually true?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I'm not traditionally anti-vax but rather undecided, but isn't what you just wrote above actually true?
            I'm not saying what is true or not, but rather what I am hearing.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Well if the anti vaxxers end up overwhelming the NHS then it will affect the rest of us when things go back to lockdown. It will affect people’s mental health, it will affect people’s jobs.
              1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

Isn’t that what we’ve all been doing for the last year?
                We have been locking everybody in either nationally or regionally... locking people in based on their vaccination status is a wholla different game, my friend...
                jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

We have been locking everybody in either nationally or regionally... locking people in based on their vaccination status is a wholla different game, my friend...

Yes it is because this way you still have a choice....

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Anti Vaxers - "End this lockdown we hate it and it is killing society"

Normal Person - "Ok we are trying to, the vaccine will protect you and others and ensure we can do that as soon as possible"

Anti - Vaxer - "No I dont want that, i dont trust it, its a conspiracy, ill be microchipped. NOOOOOO.
                    This whole Corona thing is a hoax anyway, its not real and is all a lie"

Honestly these sorts of people are beyone help at this stage.
                    True... however most of the people who have doubts about these vaccines and voice them (irrespective of whether they chose to have or not to have it) focus on much more legitimate points which get lost in the whole debate in favor of the nutjobs simply because it is easier to just call everybody nuts and answer to nothing...

Even the "anti-vax" word is an intentional lie. "Anti-vax" refers to people who are against vaccines in general but here is used to describe people who have doubts (not necessarily against) this current bunch of vaccines. Which is itself misleading and indirectly works to reduce the legitimacy of your opponent in the debate before he/she even argued his/her points. A great tactic indeed, democratic? not so much
                    Last edited by jio; Tue May 18, 2021, 14:51.
                    jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

Comment

Well if the anti vaxxers end up overwhelming the NHS then it will affect the rest of us when things go back to lockdown. It will affect people’s mental health, it will affect people’s jobs.
                      Today, they announced that children's psychiatries are full and only allow further patients if they're suicidal. 80%+ of all minors made negative experiences during the lockdown, and 1/3 developed signs of depression. All of that in order to protect the elderly... In some years, we'll know whether it was worth the massive price we as society paid for that.

Comment

Yes it is because this way you still have a choice....
                        Well, if u r gonna lock all unvaccinated people indoors in order to protect the vaccinated, then why did u have the vaccine for in the first place? Isn't the vaccine supposed to protect u from those unvaccinated monsters?

Comment

Well if the anti vaxxers end up overwhelming the NHS then it will affect the rest of us when things go back to lockdown. It will affect people’s mental health, it will affect people’s jobs.
                          Well since vaccinated people also spread, I am suggesting any coughing vaccinated person to be locked in as well... he poses a danger to the NHS

Comment

Well, if u r gonna lock all unvaccinated people indoors in order to protect the vaccinated, then why did u have the vaccine for in the first place? Isn't the vaccine supposed to protect u from those unvaccinated monsters?
                            No, love, the idea is not to let it spread across the "monsters", because then hospitals start to fill up, and we all end up locked back inside again, even those of us who were bright enough to get vaccinated.

Comment

• Staying locked down to protect the elderly and vulnerable is one thing, but doing it to protect the people who chose not to have a vaccine when it was offered to them, I take issue with that.

Comment

No, love, the idea is not to let it spread across the "monsters", because then hospitals start to fill up, and we all end up locked back inside again, even those of us who were bright enough to get vaccinated.
                                Imo, everyone should be allowed to get sick without having to apologize or justify in front of others. So yes, if people decide not to get vaccinated and therefore risk getting infected, it's their right to do so. Everyone else can use all the existing methods to protect themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Imo, everyone should be allowed to get sick without having to apologize or justify in front of others. So yes, if people decide not to get vaccinated and therefore risk getting infected, it's their right to do so. Everyone else can use all the existing methods to protect themselves.
                                  And how do we protect ourselves from having further lockdowns?

Comment

Staying locked down to protect the elderly and vulnerable is one thing, but doing it to protect the people who chose not to have a vaccine when it was offered to them, I take issue with that.
                                    Then perhaps you should go back to the basics of western society, personal liberties, states of emergency and the illegality of preventive detention and collective punishment as well as proportionality of actions.

I am truly shocked at how easily people from the most advanced parts of the world are so ignorant of these.

Comment

By achieving herd immunity while protecting civil liberties (since the state of emergency has passed)

Comment

• Thank you for your helpful education.

Comment

Thank you for your helpful education.
                                          I know you meant that in an ironic way but it's ok, who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                            A common anti-vax stance I am hearing is that if everyone who believes in the vaccine is vaccinated, then it shouldnt matter that they are unvaccinated. They believe that if people who are vaccinated believe in it so much then they shouldnt worry or care about those who do not want to be vaccinated.
                                            That makes no sense though because the reopening plans are being based on number of people in hospital or number of people on ICU. Who ends up in hospital or ICU? Unvaccinated people who are vulnerable or who have health issues. So their not being vaccinated can have an effect on everyone else. OF course they are too short sighted to realize the implications of their actions.

Comment

That makes no sense though because the reopening plans are being based on number of people in hospital or number of people on ICU. Who ends up in hospital or ICU? Unvaccinated people who are vulnerable or who have health issues. So their not being vaccinated can have an effect on everyone else. OF course they are too short sighted to realize the implications of their actions.
                                              Are you really not seeing the flaw in this train of thought?

Comment

Lockdowns are not a medical treatment but a political decision. If politicians disapprove lockdowns as measurements, they won't happen.

Comment

True... however most of the people who have doubts about these vaccines and voice them (irrespective of whether they chose to have or not to have it) focus on much more legitimate points which get lost in the whole debate in favor of the nutjobs simply because it is easier to just call everybody nuts and answer to nothing...

Even the "anti-vax" word is an intentional lie. "Anti-vax" refers to people who are against vaccines in general but here is used to describe people who have doubts (not necessarily against) this current bunch of vaccines. Which is itself misleading and indirectly works to reduce the legitimacy of your opponent in the debate before he/she even argued his/her points. A great tactic indeed, democratic? not so much
                                                  Mr Pedantic jumped out. The discussion at hand is about this vaccine. Do you think I am going to write " anti corona vaccine" every time I need to use this phrase. Anyone with a spark of logic and common sense knows that when people are talking about a vaccine in relation to corona virus the vaccine that is being referred to is the corona virus vaccine.

Comment

Mr Pedantic jumped out. The discussion at hand is about this vaccine. Do you think I am going to write " anti corona vaccine" every time I need to use this phrase. Anyone with a spark of logic and common sense knows that when people are talking about a vaccine in relation to corona virus the vaccine that is being referred to is the corona virus vaccine.
                                                    Call me pedantic all you like but most of the times debates are not won based on arguments but based of gestures, impressions and feelings created to the viewer. Subtle name-calling can have a massive effect especially when it subconsciously connects to the mind of the listener the one side of the debate (which can be perfectly logical) to something with a negative connotation. It is all politics really and it all has meaning even if you are totally ignorant of it

Comment

Working...
                                                    X