No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the 1st time the UK has recovered 0 deaths from covid.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Comment

• Amazing news. I know it’s probably because of a lack of reporting over the long weekend, but amazing nonetheless. We are so close.
      “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• In Germany, we're still in the low three-digit area per day. Surprisingly, an 80+ person just died related to Corona in my region. Considering that the process of vaccination is going to be opened to all age groups 12+ from next week on, I guess we can say that that person got the offer but refused it.
        Pro: freedom of speech
        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Question for those who are waiting for their second vaccine dose:

How long do you have to wait for your 2nd dose? I could only book mine 11 weeks later. I wondered if this is normal?

Comment

• Fantastic news to hear zero C-19 related deaths reported in the UK. Hopefully that number continues to be low!

I am due to have my first shot tomorrow. Excited! Hoping for little to no side effects as this is a very busy month ahead for me, but also want to use it as an entry point to have my family get theirs
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• German news:
              The state with the lowest incidence rate is now Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Multiple states have incidences below 20 now. The hotspot state is, like pretty much throughout the whole pandemic, Thuringia, but even they have made it to below 50 by now.
              The hotspot region is Hildburghausen at 150 - one of the very few regions at 100+ and unfortunately one that's experienced high incidences for a long time now. 8.3% of the population there have been infected thus far - twice the German average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
                This is the 1st time the UK has recovered 0 deaths from covid.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
                Amazing! The vaccine really is one of the great medical success stories of the last 100 years - ain’t nobody could tell me that with the world’s resources behind it, we couldn’t have a cure for cancer in the next 12 months...

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                  I’m fed up of now of stupid peoples conspiracy crap on Facebook. Why is it always the people I already knew were stupid AF that are trying to rile people up with their conspiracy theories. That speaks enough to me.
                  There’s a programme on C4 tonight about anti-vax conspiracies, I’m gonna watch it and laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Amazing! The vaccine really is one of the great medical success stories of the last 100 years - ain’t nobody could tell me that with the world’s resources behind it, we couldn’t have a cure for cancer in the next 12 months...
                    I always find it very odd that we can’t find a cure for cancer, as if the powers that be don’t really want one… anyway that’s another discussion!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

There’s a programme on C4 tonight about anti-vax conspiracies, I’m gonna watch it and laugh.
                      The only people I see on my Facebook stirring up this crap are the ones I long suspected of being one sausage roll short of a picnic long before covid. My only concern is, if they are right and we are all going to kick the bucket after our vaccine, it’s these people that will be left to continue humanity
                      1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

The only people I see on my Facebook stirring up this crap are the ones I long suspected of being one sausage roll short of a picnic long before covid. My only concern is, if they are right and we are all going to kick the bucket after our vaccine, it’s these people that will be left to continue humanity
                        Who knows... Maybe, maybe not ^^ .
                        However, it's too generalizing to assume that anti-vaccination people are not the brightest ones out there. You even have got doctors who are anti-vaccination and for all I know, you need to be very smart to become a doctor.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

However, it's too generalizing to assume that anti-vaccination people are not the brightest ones out there.

I'm not generalising, I'm just pointing out a pattern I noticed on my facebook friends only.

Comment

• I see. But I know what you mean. I know people like the ones you just described. In fact, there are some quite well-known ones in my country. Is it the same in yours?

Comment

I see. But I know what you mean. I know people like the ones you just described. In fact, there are some quite well-known ones in my country. Is it the same in yours?
                              Yeah, but on the other hand, they are running the country.

Comment

I always find it very odd that we can’t find a cure for cancer, as if the powers that be don’t really want one… anyway that’s another discussion!
                                The answer - as generally given - is that there will never be a cure for cancer because it's not a single disease. It's the collective name for around a hundred different diseases with different causes...

Comment

• Are cinemas already open in your area? In mine, cinemas should open pretty soon, but I don't know whether movies are already available.

Comment

However, it's too generalizing to assume that anti-vaccination people are not the brightest ones out there. You even have got doctors who are anti-vaccination and for all I know, you need to be very smart to become a doctor.
                                    He never said that or made any assumptions on anyone.
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• 3 of the U.K. member states (Wales, Scotland and England) are in the top 4 countries in terms of fastest vaccination roll out in the world (with Northern Ireland at 7).. The speed of roll out also means that the U.K. will have the highest economic growth of the G20 countries this year (though we did also have one of the worst economic slumps).

Comment

Cancer is not a disease... It's thousands of different mutations with different causes. It's not a pathogen. The same way why there is no cure for many autoimmune diseases.
                                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Cancer is not a disease... It's thousands of different mutations with different causes. It's not a pathogen. The same way why there is no cure for many autoimmune diseases.
                                          This is a really good read:

https://www.worldwidecancerresearch....ed-cancer-yet/

I do however maintain my view that we should be better at dealing with cancer, and that if the world harvested its vast resources as they have with Covid, the situation would be infinitely more positive.

There is simply too much money in the pharmaceuticals side to seriously tackle this problem - too much money is made from managing cancer treatments. How can it be the case that survival rates are 50% for 10 years+ given all the progression we’ve made in medicine over the years? I’m sorry for digressing and I definitely think you’ll have a brilliant worded retort for my musings but wanted to vent a little.

Comment

• Does someone know if doing a workout a day after getting the vaccine is ok? My arm hurts a bit, other than that I'm fine and today would be my workout day

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                                            Question for those who are waiting for their second vaccine dose:

How long do you have to wait for your 2nd dose? I could only book mine 11 weeks later. I wondered if this is normal?
                                            11 weeks seems a long time... I had my first shot yesterday, the 2nd will be on the 29th June. We have to wait 4 weeks until the 2nd shot.

Comment

• Are 2nd doses actually booked? I thought you'd only book the first date and they'd instantly give you the second date.

Depending on the specific vaccine, 6-12 weeks is normal from what I've read. 4 weeks is relatively short.

Comment

• Here we were able to book both dates at once.

Comment

• Our second jab was due 12 weeks after the first on the 26th June, but I cancelled the appt and got an earlier one for this Saturday

The spread of the Indian variant spurred me on I must admit, I don't want to go anywhere too crowded until I'm fully vaccinated. I know how pathetic I am with the common cold so definitely don't want Ms Rona anywhere near me.
                                                  UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                    Does someone know if doing a workout a day after getting the vaccine is ok? My arm hurts a bit, other than that I'm fine and today would be my workout day

11 weeks seems a long time... I had my first shot yesterday, the 2nd will be on the 29th June. We have to wait 4 weeks until the 2nd shot.
                                                    I would just go for a walk today and move the workout till tomorrow.
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Working...
                                                    X