Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I completely agree that it’s too early to be allowing travel. Personally I’d have stopped all recreational holidays and only allowed travel for vaccinated individuals who were travelling to visit and stay with family that lived abroad in ‘safe’ countries - it’s been a long year for anyone who has family living elsewhere.
    Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      The United States to begin sharing vaccines - 80M by end of June.

About time - the US hasn’t even approved AZ vaccine but have stockpiled up to 60m doses I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

True. I think id rather shoot myself in the head than go to an airport atm to be quite honest. I just feel a bit lazy corona aside.
        The irony is an aeroplane is air conditioned and guaranteed to be less crowded than the London Underground, so the airport and planes are probably a safer mode of transport.

Comment

• UK reports most new cases in day since March

The UK has recorded 5,274 new cases - the highest daily figure since March. There were 18 deaths reported within 28 days of a positive test.
          Is this a cause for concern or to be expected?

Comment

• The current 7-days-incidence in the UK is 36, about as much as Italy, Austria, the US or Germany. German 'health expert' Lauterbach was quoted today saying that he's expecting the incidence rate to stabilize at around 35 (in Germany) due to a) relieved measurements (-) and b) an increasing amount of vaccinations (+).
            I guess it depends on where those new infections come from demographically. If the vaccinations work, it should be mostly people at the age of 30 and younger in the US.

Comment

• The following countries are Corona'free' (=incidence of less than 0.5):
              - China
              - New Zealand
              - Australia
              - Samoa
              - Micronesia
              - Kiribati
              - Grenada
              - Marshall Islands
              - Solomon Islands
              - Tadschikistan
              - Iceland
              - Vatican
              - Jemen
              - Mali
              - Niger
              -Tschad
              - Sierre Leone
              - Burkina Faso
              - Benin
              - Nigeria
              - Central African Republic
              - South Sudan
              - Somalia
              - Tansania
              - Malawi
              - Comoros
              - Lesotho

Most of Africa is in a very good state at the moment. South America in contrast is very problematic. Ironic trivia: The VAE that want to host the Oktoberfest this year have a three.digit incidence. Guess it's safer in Germany now ^^ .
              Last edited by theMathematician; Thu June 3, 2021, 21:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                The following countries are Corona'free' (=incidence of less than 0.5):
                - China
                - New Zealand
                - Australia
                - Tadschikistan
                - Iceland
                - Jemen
                - Mali
                - Niger
                -Tschad
                - Sierre Leone
                - Burkina Faso
                - Benin
                - Nigeria
                - Central African Republic
                - South Sudan
                - Somalia
                - Tansania
                - Malawi
                - Comoros
                - Lesotho

Most of Africa is in a very good state at the moment. South America in contrast is very problematic. Ironic trivia: The VAE that want to host the Oktoberfest this year have a three.digit incidence. Guess it's safer in Germany now ^^ .
                One of Australia's biggest cities Melbourne, is currently in lockdown as a new variant is spreading. So rather incorrect to claim it is Corona free actually.
                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by ludichris View Post

Is this a cause for concern or to be expected?
                  Expected. I thought there could have been up to 10k daily following reopening Tbh
                  Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Regarding Australia: I used corona-in-zahlen.de as source and that site has Australia at 0.3, which is rounded to 0. It says 'as of June 3rd'.

Comment

Regarding Australia: I used corona-in-zahlen.de as source and that site has Australia at 0.3, which is rounded to 0. It says 'as of June 3rd'.
                      Don't care what it says. Melbourne is currently in lockdown. Look it up!!
                      Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• How the hell is China Covid-free?! If they truly are it’s a miracle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                          How the hell is China Covid-free?! If they truly are it’s a miracle.
                          I smell shenanigans.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Expected. I thought there could have been up to 10k daily following reopening Tbh
                            Also expected to be a small back log from bank holiday weekend, hospitalisation is still down too.
                            1 SG Lewis |2 FLO |3 Vlossom |4 SG Lewis |5 Inna

Comment

It's ironic that Corona started in China, yet they've hardly been affected by it actually. With China, it's not clear how far you can trust the official numbers, but if we go by them, it looks like this:
                              incidence = 0.0
                              total infection rate = 0.0
                              lethal rate (among all infections) = 5.1%

Considering their massive population, the cases that got reported are so few that you can pretty much say that Corona never happened there. Of course their measurements have been extremely problematic from an ethical point of view. The fairly high lethal rate (among the top 10 countries worldwide!) is suspicious and may mean that there have been more (mild/asymptomatic) cases that remained unreported.

Comment

• China makes it up as it goes along. They were manipulating figures, saying there was nothing to worry about and putting hospitals together in less than a week. It now needs a show of strength since scientists and nations have begun revisiting the theory covid came from a Wuhan lab.

Comment

No country is Corona free. Just more dodgy maths from our mathematician. This thing of rounding to zero is something he invented himself but it's illogical and meaningless. Melbourne is currently in lockdown for example .
                                  Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Yeah I don't think I've ever trusted China's numbers, but who knows. In an authoritarian regime, maybe it's easier to enforce lockdowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                      Yeah I don't think I've ever trusted China's numbers, but who knows. In an authoritarian regime, maybe it's easier to enforce lockdowns.
                                      They literally bariccaded people into their homes.
                                      Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• The incidence rate has dropped to below 30 in Germany.

Comment

• First vaccine doses (excluding small states = less than 2 mio. inhabitants):
                                          1. Israel ~ 63%
                                          2. Canada ~ 59%
                                          3. UK ~ 58.3%
                                          4. Mongolia ~ 56.8%
                                          5. Chile ~ 56.6%
                                          6. Hungary ~ 53.9%
                                          7. Uruguay ~ 53.7% (+8.4%)
                                          8. Qatar ~ 51.9%
                                          9. Bahrain ~ 51.8%
                                          10. USA ~ 50.4%
                                          11. Finland ~ 45.3%
                                          12. Germany ~ 45%

Next update by the time Germany will reach 50%.

Comment

• 75% of adults in the UK have had the first vaccine, so I don’t know where 58% comes from unless they’re counting kids - which is pretty pointless. 50% of adults in the UK have had their second dose now too.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                              75% of adults in the UK have had the first vaccine, so I don’t know where 58% comes from unless they’re counting kids - which is pretty pointless. 50% of adults in the UK have had their second dose now too.
                                              The numbers always include children because they show how far the country, where also children live, is from reaching herd immunity, which is somewhere around 70% fully vaccinated people (Once Germany has reached the 50%, I will do the updates focussing on fully vaccinated people).

Comment

The numbers always include children because they show how far the country, where also children live, is from reaching herd immunity, which is somewhere around 70% fully vaccinated people (Once Germany has reached the 50%, I will do the updates focussing on fully vaccinated people).
                                                That’s not how you calculate herd immunity though. You don’t need a vaccine to achieve herd immunity and your figures don’t incorporate natural immunity (e.g. through exposure) to the virus, nor the rate of infection. You also have to consider that the vaccines don’t offer 100% protection and the fact you can still catch covid after having your jabs.

Comment

This thinking is flawed I fear. Herd immunity doesn't work like that.
                                                  Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• So the British can't travel to Portugal unless they're willing to stay on quarantine when they return...
                                                    ​​​​​
                                                    Eh... What's the vaccination for, then?

This is so stupid, politicians can't stand that their people want to spend their summer somewhere else.
                                                    Last edited by Hugo; Fri June 4, 2021, 12:12.
                                                    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Working...
                                                    X