Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    First restaurant date since the start of the pandemic (actually since 2019) tonight.

Everything in my city except for clubs and brothels opened up today.
    Imagine if Pink is playing when you are being shown to your table
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Imagine if Pink is playing when you are being shown to your table
      Oh my god.

It's a trendy vegan burger place and not McDonald tho, so I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Oh my god.

It's a trendy vegan burger place and not McDonald tho, so I doubt it.
        Ah fair enough, I imagine not then

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          German 'health expert' Lauterbach was quoted today saying that he's expecting the incidence rate to stabilize at around 35 (in Germany) due to a) relieved measurements (-) and b) an increasing amount of vaccinations (+).
          Seems like Lauterbach was wrong (again) as the incidence already dropped below 25 and may keep decreasing some more with the vaccination being eligible for all age groups 12+ (12-15 only with the doctor's medicinal approval) now.
          Pro: freedom of speech
          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• From June 7th everyone in Germany can register for a vaccination. ( today )

Comment

• You now might be able to book your vaccine if you’re 25-29 in England - the news is saying it’s not until tomorrow morning but my friend just tried and has been booked in for tomorrow.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...virus-vaccine/

Comment

• The first two German regions reached an incidence of 0. The overall German incidence keeps decreasing as well, steadily coming closer to less than 20.

EDIT: All German states are below 30 now. The lowest rate is in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern with less than 10.
                Last edited by theMathematician; Tue June 8, 2021, 17:08.

Comment

• So I got my first shot a week ago and...

...my arm hurt for two and a half days. I couldn't even move it on the second day because of the pain.
                  ...I got diarrhea on the second day; my work colleague had those two side effects as well (he got the first shot on the same day as me).
                  ...I was completely down and powerless Friday to Sunday.
                  ...a lymph node in the collarbone is inflamed and hurts a lot since yesterday evening, which seems to happen a few times as well with the vaccine.

Nothing serious at all of course, but I'm still surprised how many side effects I experience. Now I even think that maybe I caught the virus in the last few months because if that's the case, then the first shot is basically like the second shot. I'm a bit worried about the second shot now, not gonna lie

Comment

• First vaccine done. I got the Pfizer. Hoping for minimal side effects!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Nothing serious at all of course, but I'm still surprised how many side effects I experience. Now I even think that maybe I caught the virus in the last few months because if that's the case, then the first shot is basically like the second shot. I'm a bit worried about the second shot now, not gonna lie
                      I was told the worse the side effects, the more effective the vaccine will be because your immune system has come out fighting. I was also told the second shot (which I had a week ago) isn’t as bad because your body will recognise it the second time. I had no side effects with the second, but had to take two days off work when I had the first.
                      I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Am I right to assume that you are young and have no major risk factors such as an pre-existing illness or something, Tansike ? In that case, I wonder whether the profit from the vaccination outweighs the (apparently quite heavy) side effects since, due to your health background, you wouldn't have had to expect a severe case of infection anyway.

Comment

So I got my first shot a week ago and...

...my arm hurt for two and a half days. I couldn't even move it on the second day because of the pain.
                          ...I got diarrhea on the second day; my work colleague had those two side effects as well (he got the first shot on the same day as me).
                          ...a lymph node in the collarbone is inflamed and hurts a lot since yesterday evening, which seems to happen a few times as well with the vaccine.

Just out of curiosity, which vaccine are we talking about?

Comment

• Tansike
                            Tansike commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Moderna

So I got my first shot a week ago and...

Did you take any paracetamol after having it? Those side effects are pretty common in some people and nothing to worry about. It's far better in the long run to have gotten the vaccine so hang in there and you'll be fine. Xx

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I was told the worse the side effects, the more effective the vaccine will be because your immune system has come out fighting. I was also told the second shot (which I had a week ago) isn’t as bad because your body will recognise it the second time. I had no side effects with the second, but had to take two days off work when I had the first.
                            I heard the same thing about the immune system, so maybe it's good that I have all those side effects. But everybody is saying that the second dose always have way worse side effects, so I'm surprised you've heard the opposite. Anyways, this give me good feelings to know that the second dose can be "better" than the first one!

Comment

I heard the same thing about the immune system, so maybe it's good that I have all those side effects. But everybody is saying that the second dose always have way worse side effects, so I'm surprised you've heard the opposite. Anyways, this give me good feelings to know that the second dose can be "better" than the first one!
                              I was told this morning that the second one is usually the one where people get worse side effects.

Comment

Am I right to assume that you are young and have no major risk factors such as an pre-existing illness or something, Tansike ? In that case, I wonder whether the profit from the vaccination outweighs the (apparently quite heavy) side effects since, due to your health background, you wouldn't have had to expect a severe case of infection anyway.
                                What exactly are the side effects from the vaccine you are referring to? The big benefit is not for yourself but for society. You seem to keep missing this point.
                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Am I right to assume that you are young and have no major risk factors such as an pre-existing illness or something, Tansike ? In that case, I wonder whether the profit from the vaccination outweighs the (apparently quite heavy) side effects since, due to your health background, you wouldn't have had to expect a severe case of infection anyway.
                                  I think it is rather ironic that you have stated on numerous occasions that you believe someones health status is private and should only be between you and your doctor yet you have asked Tansike on numerous occasions on a public forum about his health status and what pre existing conditions he may or may not have.

How about practicing what you preach perhaps ?

Comment

I was told this morning that the second one is usually the one where people get worse side effects.
                                    Yes but this does vary a lot. A friend of mine just told me he had literally no side effect in the second dose, not even swollen arm. My mother had it quite bad on the first but ok on the second. My dad had it perfect on first but quite bad on the second. Anything is a possibility but there is an increased chance for stronger side effects at the second jab indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Yes but this does vary a lot. A friend of mine just told me he had literally no side effect in the second dose, not even swollen arm. My mother had it quite bad on the first but ok on the second. My dad had it perfect on first but quite bad on the second. Anything is a possibility but there is an increased chance for stronger side effects at the second jab indeed.
                                      My parents had nothing, not even a sore arm while my flatmate was sidelined for two days after both doses. So there is obviously a lot of variance. So far I only feel a slight awareness of my arm but not pain. Im gonna take two paracetemol as a precaution in a few hours then try and get some rest.

Comment

Correct. Well, I don't care that much if I catch the virus or not, that wasn't my motivation to get the vaccine. I knew and read about the side effects and they're mostly "ok". My mental health aka having the possibility of being more "free" when being vaccinated is more important to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

What exactly are the side effects from the vaccine you are referring to? The big benefit is not for yourself but for society. You seem to keep missing this point.
                                          To be honest, I'm probably too self-centered to accept causing harm to my body (and in the case of Tansike , it did) if it doesn't lead to my personal benefit but solely to society's.

Comment

Did you take any paracetamol after having it? Those side effects are pretty common in some people and nothing to worry about. It's far better in the long run to have gotten the vaccine so hang in there and you'll be fine. Xx
                                            No, I didn't. They told me that I could take paracetamol though, I'm just someone who always thinks that yes, the pain or whatever is bad, but surely it can get even worse so I think I make it through the pain without taking medicine. Thank you

Also, side note, I'm not too worried about everything. More like surprised by the side effects, because I heard so many people saying they had absolutely nothing from the first shot. And I thought I could share that here, maybe some others will have something similar and then they'll see that others experienced the same, so it's ok

Comment

No, I didn't. They told me that I could take paracetamol though, I'm just someone who always thinks that yes, the pain or whatever is bad, but surely it can get even worse so I think I make it through the pain without taking medicine. Thank you

Also, side note, I'm not too worried about everything. More like surprised by the side effects, because I heard so many people saying they had absolutely nothing from the first shot. And I thought I could share that here, maybe some others will have something similar and then they'll see that others experienced the same, so it's ok
                                              Of couse you can, my post was meant to convey reassurance and support for you, sorry if it didnt come across like that

Comment

To be honest, I'm probably too self-centered to accept causing harm to my body (and in the case of Tansike , it did) if it doesn't lead to my personal benefit but solely to society's.
                                                The blatant selfishness.
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Tue June 8, 2021, 17:24.

Comment

Actually you are not being very intelligent here. If you get the virus, there is a chance that your reaction will be very serious and long lasting. Short lived side effects from vaccine are not harm to the body, but if you have a covid infection you can get lasting effects for ever. There are plenty serious reactions in young people too, just not common but not that rare either (in around 50 infected in my town now, 4 had to be hospitalized and these are all below 25 y.o. people).

Don't take this question personally, but do you have some form of autism? You seem to have little empathy for others around you and that tells me there might be some social disorder involved. I'm no doctor and it's OK for you to keep your medical privacy, but maybe something for you to think about. If you are uncomfortable with this part of the post I will delete it.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X