No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The heavier side effects come after the second dose for the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer & Moderna) but after the first dose for Astrazeneca.

I will have the second dose end of the month. I had friends and colleagues who experienced everything from absolutely nothing to lethargy to tachycardia to feeling bruised and beaten up to extreme chills.

Usual duration of side effects are 2-5 days and typically begin within the first 12 hours. However, there are people for whom they lasted far longer. I personally know a person whose side effects subsided after 6 months (which is worrying). The most important side effect of the mRNA vaccines (myocarditis & pericarditis) can appear up to 1 month after the injection.

- the risk/benefit ratio is something that should always be taken into account before any medical action such as taking a vaccine. The youngest the person, the less the risk and the less the benefit (since all vaccines seem to affect negatively the younger persons the most). Denying that fact is totally stupid.
    jio CHARTS NOW: 25/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10739362

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
      - the risk/benefit ratio is something that should always be taken into account before any medical action such as taking a vaccine. The youngest the person, the less the risk and the less the benefit (since all vaccines seem to affect negatively the younger persons the most). Denying that fact is totally stupid.
      Thank you!

DnBLover : About 10% of all infected people are hospitalized in my region as well. Young people are in the far minority though. The thing is that it's just so unlikely to have severe consequences when you haven't got notable pre-conditions.
      I do agree that it's probably better not to be too outspoken regarding one's medical situation on a public forum.
      Last edited by theMathematician; Tue June 8, 2021, 16:24.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

The heavier side effects come after the second dose for the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer & Moderna) but after the first dose for Astrazeneca.

So arrogant and rude! Everyone can experience the standard side effects that Tansike was talking about. Literally eveyone. The whole point of anyone under 40 getting vaccinated is so society can get back to normal and we can move on with our lives. And Timmy is pushing 30 so quit acting like he is a 12 year old child or something.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Thank you!

DnBLover : About 10% of all infected people are hospitalized in my region as well. Young people are in the far minority though. The thing is that it's just so unlikely to have severe consequences when you haven't got notable pre-conditions.
          I do agree that it's probably better not to be too outspoken regarding one's medical on a public forum.
          Yet you had no qualms about asking Tansike at least twice on a public forum about HIS medical conditions and history

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

So arrogant and rude! Everyone can experience the standard side effects that Tansike was talking about. Literally eveyone. The whole point of anyone under 40 getting vaccinated is so society can get back to normal and we can move on with our lives. And Timmy is pushing 30 so quit acting like he is a 12 year old child or something.
            There is nothing arrogant and rude in my post. First of all, I didn't say anything about Tansike or his side effects which are indeed the usual ones. I just wrote in general what I know about the side effects because I am before the second dose myself, so I researched a bit. Secondly, I just commented on the general principle Timmy expressed which is correct whether you like it or not. And yes, ignoring it is stupid. After that it is not my (or anybody's for that matter) place to advise anyone, including Timmy, what they will do, that's their individual choice and not society's. But I do agree in principle with Timmy's post.
            jio CHARTS NOW: 25/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10739362

Comment

• It's true. I remember it was once when he announced his vaccination appointment and once regarding his side effects. I would've definitely respected it if he hadn't wanted to talk about it on the public forum though, of course. I do believe that data protection is important, especially these days, but if anyone wants to voluntarily spread personal data, I can hardly hold it against them.

Comment

There is nothing arrogant and rude in my post. First of all, I didn't say anything about Tansike or his side effects which are indeed the usual ones. I just wrote in general what I know about the side effects because I am before the second dose myself, so I researched a bit. Secondly, I just commented on the general principle Timmy expressed which is correct whether you like it or not. And yes, ignoring it is stupid. After that it is not my (or anybody's for that matter) place to advise anyone, including Timmy, what they will do, that's their individual choice and not society's. But I do agree in principle with Timmy's post.
                No, it isn't because he was speaking specifically to Tansike. He even quoted him and asked him about it. He wasn't expressing a "general principle". Of course you know that perfectly well.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  It's true. I remember it was once when he announced his vaccination appointment and once regarding his side effects. I would've definitely respected it if he hadn't wanted to talk about it on the public forum though, of course. I do believe that data protection is important, especially these days, but if anyone wants to voluntarily spread personal data, I can hardly hold it against them.
                  Tansike simply shared that he was getting vaccinated and then spoke about his side effects which is his right if he wants to. It was you who then specifically asked him twice about his medical history and underlying conditions, soliciting information that he did not say anything about himself. So again, practice what you preach.

Comment

• I understand. If I made you feel uncomfortable in any way, Tansike , I apologize sincerely.

Comment

• No side effects so far. I am slightly aware of my arm but not sore at all. Just took two paracetemol, and gonna eat a late lunch now !

Comment

• ^ Sounds good! Enjoy your meal

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                        I understand. If I made you feel uncomfortable in any way, Tansike , I apologize sincerely.
                        I didn't feel uncomfortable (and if I did, I wouldn't have answered) - but I don't think that's the point.
                        I think InFamous' point was more like that you keep saying people shouldn't share their medical stuff publicly, yet you keep asking people about it. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Comment

• I wrote about it during a period when many people wrote about their vaccination experience openly on social media. I felt like it's a conflict between two things I consider very important: One is freedom of speech, the other is data protection. Everyone can spread personal data online, but they need to be aware of what that means, and we need to be careful that other people do not feel pressured to share their personal medical story if they do not want to (This hasn't happened here, but in another forum of mine.).

Comment

• I had my second dose of Astra on Saturday and had absolutely no side effects whatsoever

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

I heard the same thing about the immune system, so maybe it's good that I have all those side effects. But everybody is saying that the second dose always have way worse side effects, so I'm surprised you've heard the opposite. Anyways, this give me good feelings to know that the second dose can be "better" than the first one!
                              In fairness I am talking about AZ not Moderna, but I guess it’s like anything - once your body knows how to deal with something it doesn’t like, it has the knowledge to fight it the second time.

But it was the doctor (or whoever he was) that gave my the second dose that told me side effects would be much less apparent if they appeared. I’d already heard that, but it was nice to be told by someone who should know what they’re talking about.
                              Words are useless, especially sentences.
                              they don’t stand for anything.
                              How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                ^ Sounds good! Enjoy your meal

I didn't feel uncomfortable (and if I did, I wouldn't have answered) - but I don't think that's the point.
                                I think InFamous' point was more like that you keep saying people shouldn't share their medical stuff publicly, yet you keep asking people about it. Maybe I'm wrong though.
                                Exactly correct. That was the obvious point I was making. I mean if you dont think medical info should be shared ( and insist on it over and over again) why then do you feel you have the right to question someone on their medical history and possible underlying conditions on a public forum.

Whether you feel comfortable or not is neither here nor there. It was the questioning that was the issue, after his continued insistence that someones medical history is private. His words are in complete contrast to his actions.
                                Last edited by InFamous; Tue June 8, 2021, 19:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

In fairness I am talking about AZ not Moderna, but I guess it’s like anything - once your body knows how to deal with something it doesn’t like, it has the knowledge to fight it the second time.

But it was the doctor (or whoever he was) that gave my the second dose that told me side effects would be much less apparent if they appeared. I’d already heard that, but it was nice to be told by someone who should know what they’re talking about.
                                  Well I mean it was obviously the person who vaccinated me who told me that the second dose often caused worse effects than the first this morning so I would hope he also knows what he was talking about Maybe it differs from vaccine to vaccine as I got Pfizer. And of course some people get no side effects at all so it is probably all very arbitary anyway.

Comment

• You are right. I hereby apologize to everyone who I made feel uncomfortable by curiously asking about their health situation when it is clearly not my business. I should have known better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                                      I had my second dose of Astra on Saturday and had absolutely no side effects whatsoever
                                      On a Saturday ? Sure you barely know your own name by Saturday evening so you probably just didnt notice

Disclaimer - This is a joke between forum friends

Comment

I had my second dose of Astra on Saturday and had absolutely no side effects whatsoever
                                        Well, Astra gives on the first dose, not the second

Comment

• Also the idea that the side effects are a sign that your body learns how to fight is not really true. You can count the antibodies of people with heavy side effects from the vaccine and of people with no side effects and you will find negligible differences between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

No, it isn't because he was speaking specifically to Tansike. He even quoted him and asked him about it. He wasn't expressing a "general principle". Of course you know that perfectly well.
                                            You just wanna argue with certain people that's all. It's very clear from my post that I'm referring to the risk/benefit ratio as a general rule, which it totally correct btw.

Glad you had no side effects. If they don't start within the first day or so you're in the clear I guess, although it could take up to a month to be totally safe. Watch for signs of myocarditis mainly

Comment

You just wanna argue with certain people that's all. It's very clear from my post that I'm referring to the risk/benefit ratio as a general rule, which it totally correct btw.

Glad you had no side effects. If they don't start within the first day or so you're in the clear I guess, although it could take up to a month to be totally safe. Watch for signs of myocarditis mainly
                                              Stop projecting.

Comment

Well, Astra gives on the first dose, not the second
                                                In the main that's what is being reported, but 90% of people I know personally who've had it have reported lethargy / nausea / pain, so I'd disagree with that

Comment

In the main that's what is being reported, but 90% of people I know personally who've had it have reported lethargy / nausea / pain, so I'd disagree with that
                                                  That's interesting, so do they report heavier intensity on the second dose or just their presence in the second dose with the higher intensity still on the first?

Comment

That's interesting, so do they report heavier intensity on the second dose or just their presence in the second dose with the higher intensity still on the first?
                                                    Definitely higher on the first. My wife had her second dose same time as I, and in her words she felt "hungover" after the second. The first one though, she had to sleep it off but was relatively functional after the second.

If anything, it seems mostly women I know who feel the effects both times. Only two men I know felt lethargic the second time around.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X