Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I also love Cyprus. But we used to go in October when I was younger. I don't think I've ever been in the middle of Summer.
    October is pretty great here (weather-wise). Summer is just too hot for me.
    jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

• Gotta get the second dose to be really in the clear it seems, due to this new variant. Thankfully I only have four weeks to wait, cos #Pfizer !
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Getting mine in 8 days.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• A new record as over a million vaccine bookings were made today as they open it up for 26-29, so maybe younger people are more willing than I first thought.
          1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

A new record as over a million vaccine bookings were made today as they open it up for 26-29, so maybe younger people are more willing than I first thought.
            Of course they are. Younger people want to be able to travel and attend concerts and festivals. People who are not vaccinated are going to find themselves excluded from quite a lot of things, or will at least not be able to do things as easily as the vaccinated, until we are really back to normal. And rightfully so.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
              Getting mine in 8 days.
              Get Pfizer. Join the superior legion!

Disclaimer - this is tongue in cheek.

Comment

• UK's daily cases highest since February

The UK has recorded another 7,540 coronavirus cases, according to the latest government figures.

That is the highest number of daily cases reported since 26 February.

Comment

• Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                  UK's daily cases highest since February

It's definitely going back over 10k but unless deaths start to jump again it's ok. The vaccine will make a huge difference this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Get Pfizer. Join the superior legion!

Disclaimer - this is tongue in cheek.
                    Yeah first dose was Pfizer, second dose too.

Ready to be connected to the 5G.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I feel completely fine today very slight sensation in my arm. So basically zero vaccine side effects. thank God.

I ordered a 3 day juice cleanse for next week so I am detoxed and in tip top shape before round two!

Comment

• German news:
                        The 2nd biggest festival, Stuttgart's Cannstädter Wasen won't take place. Hamburg's and Frankfurt/Main's festivals are confirmed to take place.
                        58% of all young people definitely want to get vaccinated, 16% are still unsure.
                        Pro: freedom of speech
                        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

I feel completely fine today very slight sensation in my arm. So basically zero vaccine side effects. thank God.

I ordered a 3 day juice cleanse for next week so I am detoxed and in tip top shape before round two!
                          Was that your first shot? I felt absolutely nothing too but I am really worried about the second shot
                          jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

It's definitely going back over 10k but unless deaths start to jump again it's ok. The vaccine will make a huge difference this time.

It doesn't matter if there's 100,000 new infections, if death rate and ICU admissions are still near zero, in fact, it only proves that the vaccines are working.

Comment

It doesn't matter if there's 100,000 new infections, if death rate and ICU admissions are still near zero, in fact, it only proves that the vaccines are working.
                              It says have to meet the 4 requirements:

Infection rate
                              People who are seriously ill
                              Vaccination rate
                              Peope in Hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57403888

At the moment, its the Infection rate that isn't great.

Comment

• But seriously, this slight increase in infections must have been part of the plan? I don’t see how anyone would have expected infections to stay low when society reopened? It was always going to rise, but I don’t see the issue if it doesn’t lead to deaths or serious illness. It’s like saying there’s 7,000 new verrucas today so we’re shutting down society.

Comment

But seriously, this slight increase in infections must have been part of the plan? I don’t see how anyone would have expected infections to stay low when society reopened? It was always going to rise, but I don’t see the issue if it doesn’t lead to deaths or serious illness. It’s like saying there’s 7,000 new verrucas today so we’re shutting down society.
                                  I get your point but at the example.

I think they need to stop reporting new cases or at least reporting case numbers in isolation. If most people are getting mild doses and can fight it at home it should not be an issue at this stage.

Comment

• Nothing would surprise me now, not with what they did with Portugal last week.
                                    Problem is, if it was unlocked on the 21st, and infections went through the roof - it wouldn't look good on the government to move England back to where we are now.

Comment

Did you miss the part of my post where I said "unless death rate starts to jump its ok"

However, if the infection rates were to jump up to 100,000 a day it will almost definitely lead to an increase in death so lets hope that does not happen.

Comment

Did you miss the part of my post where I said "unless death rate starts to jump its ok"

However, if the infection rates were to jump up to 100,000 a day it will almost definitely lead to an increase in death so lets hope that does not happen.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, it was meant as an agreement

Comment

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, it was meant as an agreement
                                          Oh ok lol, I thought you might have read the first part and swooped in screaming

Comment

Oh ok lol, I thought you might have read the first part and swooped in screaming
                                            Well that does sound like me

Comment

Well that does sound like me
                                              Exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Was that your first shot? I felt absolutely nothing too but I am really worried about the second shot
                                                First shot yes. I got quite tired again this evening but I often get tired in the evenings so I dont know if its vaccine related or just standard me lol

Comment

• The BBC which is now as guilty as the tabloids for its shock headlines is now scaring people with “covid hospital cases rise
                                                  above 1000 in UK.”

if you read further it says that this is for the first
                                                  time since mid May (a couple of weeks ago!). It also neglects to say that for the last couple of weeks there the rate has stayed pretty flat at only slightly under 1000 people, so the fact it has
                                                  Now just dipped over 1000 isn’t exactly the same as 1000 new hospitalisations. It also fails to point out the difference between people who end up in hospital for a couple of days with those that are in ICU. To be fair I’d rather they stopped publishing the data daily so that the media can stop obsessing over it.

Comment

To be fair I’d rather they stopped publishing the data daily so that the media can stop obsessing over it.
                                                    I have completely blacked out this info from my sight since early May and I have to say I feel better.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X